• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peace out

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can solve every problem and every disagreement and return to normalcy if we all can just do one simple thing. Admit that I was right about everything ... call me king and then call a truce and return to talking bout football only. I for one would like to see that happen... and the football talk too:nod:

Seriously, politics and religion are very emotional topics. The human passion to each of those simply wont allow someone to be told ‘you’re wrong’. I personally could care less if im called names... id still have a beer with any of ya’ll.

Ive done battle with Ehb and will miss his rhetoric good, bad or indifferent. We all have our opinions on how the world should be and I personally believe none of us on here are pure racist evil people, or idiots despite what might be said. We all want the same things. Equal opportunity for our children and grandkids, security for our family and a great life of peace and prosper for those we love. We just have different opinions on how to achieve all that.

I have advocated that we get rid of politics board and regain a community of friendlier discussion of sports involving the team we love and most times hate.

Politics and religion will never be changed of the mindset for anyone as the countless post have proven.

Bottom line: your post of your passions and beliefs were welcomed and hope to chat with you again.

Never take anything personal that comes from me. I have emotions too that sometimes get in the way of things.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piece out? Is that the same thing as Camel toe?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the thing , the OP wanted this thread on politics . i gave the rules out and he doesnt want them enforced so he took his ball and went home

i thought banning him from the thread would be a compromise to ALL concerned

but it appears to me we have drama queens nesting in our village

since i put up the politics thread i have had to discipline about 8 posters . 4 bans from the board and various moderation's and deletions of post

in the 9 yrs previous i had one only one ,

here is the kicker . of the 4 bans i have recently had to do 3 of them are back posting on this board . why ? they think they went to the administrator and won some huge battle . in fact each time the administrator asked me how i felt HOW I FELT about letting them back

first off i could have said NO , and then be done with it forever . but i didnt i gave them another shot . some took advantage and just kept on posting ,

but the vast majority went on a whining tour , some went to the general board talking about how bad a dictator i am and what a POS i am for having dared enforce a rule THEY actually wanted . it doesnt bother me , i have no control over it

i had an influx of people coming here trying to throw gas on the fire . i survived the onslaught

some think i am unfair , that i selectively enforce the rules

well they are right in some aspect . if i warn a poster and he or she says oops i got out of hand and will try to do better they will get more leeway then the poster who wants to put up a stink about it and undermine my authority . we have one poster here after he was let back that does nothing but try to be a thorn in my side . he is running wild now but he will slip up and when he does it will be over for him period .

do some people care if they are insulted ? some do and some dont . if i allow insults then people get bullied like i did to dean for many years . that was wrong , it was brought to my attention and i fixed it

well some of you think that since i did it in the past that i cant enforce that crap now . WRONG ! before insults and attacks were allowed , now they are not and the OP is one with this mindset

some will get amnesia , some will suddenly find the search engine and use it when its convenient but totally forget it when its suits them

in the end i think the politics will be gone because people cant act like adults and follow simple guide lines

they will again cry about it , or give me the big shrug , then when its done bemoan its loss

i dont need this drama . its much easier to moderate the board without the politics thread . SportsHoopla has a politics forum and any one of us can post there and have great discussions with each and everyone of us . you can call each other names without consequence and you dont have to have that made up fear that if you disagree with me that somehow i will seek you out to silence you

i suspect the complainers know this but in any case unless i see some results i will have to simply end it forever and i wont ever consider bringing it back

then the board bullies will have to go somewhere else

it isnt hard to treat people with dignity and respect . its pretty simple but it appears people cant give that an inch of thought

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right dad,,, but to be fair I have called some people idiots and moron on here... however, had you warned me I probably would have stopped. Ive learned from past experience that the mods on this sportshoopla dont play games. Im sure you get no satisfaction from banning someone but rules are rules and need to be respected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right dad,,, but to be fair I have called some people idiots and moron on here... however, had you warned me I probably would have stopped. Ive learned from past experience that the mods on this sportshoopla dont play games. Im sure you get no satisfaction from banning someone but rules are rules and need to be respected.

you dont know this (or maybe you do ) but i also advocated for your return here on this board with the admin guys at the time . i have never regretted it once :suds:

i didnt ban you :thumb:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do have a way to deal with the politics thread without deleting it . i will wait it out awhile to see if it doesnt correct itself . but if it cant be fixed i have away of taking care of it and it will be explained when and if it has to happen