• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peace out

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting here to say a formal peace out to everybody.

Our moderator has begun banning individual posters from threads with no warning or justification. As a result, I will be the 2nd long time poster within the past 2 weeks to leave the board due to our moderator.

It's been a good run with y'all and I've enjoyed sharing the Redskins occasional peaks and frequent valleys with you all over the past 10+ years.

I've always enjoyed that this forum (and the ESPN board before it), had a real sense of community. We've all had a long history of heated debates (far more heated than anything recent) and friendly conversations and that history and civil yet uncensored atmosphere was a large part of what has made this board such a success.

Unfortunately it has been made clear that the powers that be will no longer tolerate our disagreements and there will be no questioning said powers. So I will be spending my time in forums that still value what this one used to.

I hope I'll see y'all around the other forums. :suds:

HTTR

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see you around here again Ehb, always enjoy your commentary. Moderators come and go but sensible Redskin football talk is what makes this forum for Redskin football interesting and at times entertaining.

HTTR

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our moderator has begun banning individual posters from threads with no warning or justification. As a result, I will be the 2nd long time poster within the past 2 weeks to leave the board due to our moderator.

It's been a good run with y'all and I've enjoyed sharing the Redskins occasional peaks and frequent valleys with you all over the past 10+ years.

I've always enjoyed that this forum (and the ESPN board before it), had a real sense of community. We've all had a long history of heated debates (far more heated than anything recent) and friendly conversations and that history and civil yet uncensored atmosphere was a large part of what has made this board such a success.

Unfortunately it has been made clear that the powers that be will no longer tolerate our disagreements and there will be no questioning said powers. So I will be spending my time in forums that still value what this one used to.

HTTR

Truly going to miss you being here on the regular man! Any thoughts of an occasional peek in from time to time during the season or is this a complete break? You are right though, this is home, our own small slice of the greater community within the Hoop. We're family and we don't cut ties, just return your formal "peace out" in a manner that returns your sentiment and subtlety stabs at the heart of the all too sensitive with...Wa alaykumu as-salam ()وعليكم السلام And unto you peace!:D Later dude!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR

I dont agree with most of what you post, however this post is spot on.

I agree with it 100%

Censorship because you dont agree is BS no matter what political affiliation you have.

I honestly dont blame you though.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, let me say, @ehb5, I wish you would reconsider. You bring intelligent discourse to this board and will be sorry to see you go. Having said that, I really don't believe Dad is attempting to censor anyone's views or opinions, just trying to keep things as civil as possible. Its not an easy job, especially when some of the extremely negative comments are directed at him. But clearly there a a few posters on here that have added nothing to these discussions except insults and derogatory comments. On both sides of the political spectrum. If they are not dealt with, some threads would become unreadable. We saw that at ESPN. Its sad to see that we can even have civil debate on the issues today, but that appears to be the sign of the times.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR

:behindsofa:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry to see you go if that is your choice. We have had some good debates over the years. I was personally against the politics thread because for sure two things that will cause hurt and anger when being discussed is religion and politics. People get their feelings hurt.

Not going to get on any moderators either. We have a good board and it is evidenced by how many others come to it.

My suggestion, stay and stay out of the politics forum. It is nearing 600 pages and everyone is basically holding the beliefs they had in the beginning. Actually I think it has taken away from the football part of the forum but that is just my opinion.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The politics forum is, at best, amusing! In it, depending on the perspective, we are all assholes, idiots, or some sort of socialized trauma victim who's unable to tell fact from fiction. Truth be told, content wasn't at issue, it was and remains degrading the thread through personal insults. 561 pages proves that despite a flood of cantankerous debates over some of our most virulent issues of the day, we are able to continuously hold court, express ourselves, and if need be, step away in order to refocus on maintaining a civil tone.

In my opinion, what @ehb5 is doing is one of the most courageous moves that I've witnessed on this site. Maybe he comes back to it someday and maybe he won't, in either case he's taken his stance, and for that he's earned something else that seems to be slowly fading from the thread...R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Sty. I am going to save my angst and strong opinions where I will point out to everyone where I am right and youse might have taken a wrong turn. :D:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off no one was censored because of an opinion or political POV .

2nd I have given numerous warnings about insults and personal attacks

The poster was banned because he continued to insult and I gave him numerous times to correct the behavior

He was banned only from the one thread

All he has to do is tell me he won’t make personal attacks anymore and he will be back on the thread

Apparently pride won’t allow that to happen

Now if people think how I handled this is unfairly I can simply delete the thread , ban political discussion on the board and then you can go to the SportsHoopla forum on politics and have a ball

I brought it back because some of you who are posting on this thread wanted it back to include the OP . I was told that the SportsHoopla politics forum wasn’t for them

Now I thought that instead of penalizing the group for the actions of a few was going to far , however if it’s not the clue me in .

You know what’s brave ? It isn’t sitting behind a key board calling people names and playing the victim . It’s admitting that you were god forbid wrong and say it won’t happen again . That is what a man or woman does .

Now I am not asking for an apology . All I am asking is for a man to give his word to another man to curb the shit . Now if that’s too much to ask I can’t help you . But the OP couldn’t bring himself to do that .

Instead I got justifications You did it too blah blah blah your a dictator let people post what they want insults and all. Blah blah blah

The OP made his choice . I wish it wasn’t that way but so be it . I will tell you I won’t back down and if that means I am talking to myself alone on this forum then I guess that’s what will happen .

I gave the conditions clearly as to the conditions of reinstalling the thread . If you can’t live with that then move on to other threads

I gave out warnings (mostly general , some pointed ) but 3 strikes is what you normally get depending on how hard you fight about it . Sometimes more if you say oops and go on

Last and not least , no one who gets punished ever thinks it’s justified . Now I hope I won’t have to address this again . The OP can come back anytime he wants too . He can post in any thread he wants save one . And he can get that back by simply assuring me he won’t do it again or hell even try not too insult anyone

You all can judge that on your own

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PositiveWavyKookaburra-max-1mb.gif

@Used 2 B Hu @tabascojet a new playground opening up?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Washington Redskins forum @ SportsHoopla . com
To make your life easier as a fan of this team we have created a page of Redskins Resources

We would like you to be aware of a few guidelines:
1. Be respectful. Most of the posters here have been together for upwards of 10 years.
  • If you are a wanderer, please keep that in mind.
2. Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in.
3. Before starting a new thread take a moment to see if a similar thread has already been created.
We have an Off Topic Lounge for topics unrelated to the Washington Redskins.
5. Leave politics at the door or try the Politics Forum.
6. Language. We are all adults (or should be, according to TOS). Adult language is allowed.
  • PLEASE KEEP RULE 1 IN MIND
  • Do not use vulgar language to insult people as this will be considered personal attacks
  • Name calling towards another poster is not allowed and will be considered a personal attack
7. Trolling will not be tolerated & includes the following:
  • Starting incendiary/critical threads.
  • Engaging in flaming.
  • Attacking, stalking or trolling.
  • Bumping old threads to force currently relevant ones down the board
  • No thread hijacking will be tolerated
  • We have a Smack Talk Thread , USE IT.
    • There you can troll, name call, whine, piss & moan to your hearts content without repercussions.
    • If you carry it over to another thread then all bets are off.
8. SportsHoopla Rules & TOS still applies.

9) The moderator is the arbitrator of this forum. Undercutting the authority of the moderator will not be tolerated . You can disagree with the moderators opinions and are free to express those opinions in a respectful manner as would be required of anyone . Administrative action will only take place when guidelines of this forum are violated not because you disagree with a moderators opinion .
:badmin:

We welcome all users to post on this forum who can follow these guidelines.
Violators of these guidelines may have their posts deleted or receive warnings (usually via pm). They may be asked not to post in the forum again, or have their access restricted so they can’t view the forum. Banning, temporary or otherwise, may be considered as an option, as well.
If you can not live with these guidelines then please post elsewhere !

pay particular attention to rule 6 the 3rd bullet

then pay attention to item 9

what 2021 and others need to understand is i will enforce these rules and i will not tolerate crap

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And herein lies the problem

i am not going to allow personal attacks on poster period . if you cant abide by that scroll up to the rules and execute the last bullet

the vast majority of posters on this board dont want personal attacks . when they voted for what they wanted i obliged them

the people who have issues with this are people who violate the guidelines and thinking that harassing me day in and day out will change my position ,IT wont and cherry picking statements wont change it

now you can call that a power trip till the cows come home but it wont budge me a bit

now if its too damn hard for you to treat people with dignity and respect and lay off insults and personal attacks then SportsHoopla doesnt need you here . its too bad a poster cant even make a simple " i wont do it again "

and if you dont understand that the statement you are talking about is a statement of my resolve then i cant help you
i am not budging on insults

if a poster doesnt like my political views , fine , if he doesnt like my views on the team or a player , fine . if he gets pissed and leaves the board because he cant get me to see it his way the problem is with him not me

i hope that clears it all up for you