• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PC out of control -- Chicago-style

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is these women know exactly what they are doing. They do this to get noticed.

Keep in mind I am against all "ice girls" for every team; not because they aren't fun to look at, but because I think it is a cheap parlor trick that NHL teams do. I think it's pathetic and lame.

I loved it when little kids, with nothing to gain except a memory of being on the same ice as perhaps their idol or a star, came out and cleaned up the ice. It may sound naive, but I loved the innocence of it. They truly love just simply being out there with their role models and doing something like that.

However, these girls who audition and sign up for these gigs know exactly what it entails - you're going to be the Gong Show, there will be national TV cameras present and it's a great springboard to perhaps get your crappy acting career to date started, or a SI photo shoot, or whatever. Some responsibility needs to be placed on them too, they are not being taken advantage of. They know full well why they are there and they have their own agenda for gain.

I think this whole movement for desexualization is admirable, but dumb. These women are more than capable of taking themselves out the situation if they so well please.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the ice girls. Pretty young gals in skimpy clothes are always nice to look at even at my age and, as Puck mentioned, those women know what they're getting into or they're pretty dumb. That deal with the puck shoot in Chicago seems rather over the top though. The organist playing the stripper song for just the gals just doesn't sit well. What do they play for the other contestants? Something just as derogatory I would hope. Of course if they know up front what's coming they can always op out if it'll bother them.

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is these women know exactly what they are doing. They do this to get noticed.

Keep in mind I am against all "ice girls" for every team; not because they aren't fun to look at, but because I think it is a cheap parlor trick that NHL teams do. I think it's pathetic and lame.

I loved it when little kids, with nothing to gain except a memory of being on the same ice as perhaps their idol or a star, came out and cleaned up the ice. It may sound naive, but I loved the innocence of it. They truly love just simply being out there with their role models and doing something like that.

However, these girls who audition and sign up for these gigs know exactly what it entails - you're going to be the Gong Show, there will be national TV cameras present and it's a great springboard to perhaps get your crappy acting career to date started, or a SI photo shoot, or whatever. Some responsibility needs to be placed on them too, they are not being taken advantage of. They know full well why they are there and they have their own agenda for gain.

I think this whole movement for desexualization is admirable, but dumb. These women are more than capable of taking themselves out the situation if they so well please.

Dude I remember clowning to no end the ice dancers the ducks had when they first came around.. I remember saying "this isnt the ice capades!!" at a game I went to at the Pond back in the 90s and got lots of laughs from Kings fans and even some agreement from Cluck fans. Its all sunk to the bottom now with every team having them and yeah, it is SUPER lame. I totally get you with the kids too, it makes it more of a game/traditional thing and less of (yet another) sex thing. Hey, I love a big rack and round booty, and these girls are fairly hot, don't get me wrong here, but I just don't need it in hockey; It's everywhere else without a doubt, and I get a healthy fill.

Anyway, get off my lawn.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. When I take Lil Ms Howdy to the Sundogs game, there is always an uncomfortable question (unspoken) about the scantly clad cheer leaders. The ice crew here is 2 guys with shovels. They do their job and get off the ice. But the cheerleaders are out there shacking their rump during intermission and my daughter looks uncomfortable looking at them, while drunk men holler and hoot.
I think my perspective has changed about a lot of how women are portrade or represented in a male sport,!since my daughter was born. I think it is because I do t want her doing it.