• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Rhoads reaction after ISU lost to Texas.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a vid of ISU taking the ball away from Texas. It actually happened before the whistle but they still called him down.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I blame him in any way. Those kinds of errors can cost coaches there jobs, and can cost kids opportunities at participating in a bowl game.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....i missed that. He clearly stole that shit before the whistle. I swear man, this has been the absolute worst year of officiating that I've ever witnessed.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also know Iowa State put themselves in that situation as well. There were 2 stupid pass interferences by ISU that drive that, if the DBs were paying attention, could very easily have been picked off.

Also, on the video description of the press conference, it says PR has been on the hot seat since losing to UNI. I never heard that before.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that don't know, Texas ran it in for a touchdown the next play, or 2 plays later. Then ISU ended up getting a turnover moving down the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, that was a fumble.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh..."epic" rant??? I've seen epic-er.

I can agree that they got jobbed on the fumble, but they committed too many stupid penalties in this game. They basically GAVE Texas 14 points with PI fouls on two separate drives.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the officiating crew on loand from the Pac 12? I didn't think it was possible for other conferences to have that bad of officiating.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 responds to fumble call in Texas-Iowa State: 'Not indisputable evidence' - SBNation.com

Big 12 Supervisor of Football Officials Walt Anderson has responded with a statement.

"The ruling made on the goal line play was that the runner was down by rule with the ball. Because of that ruling, instant replay is allowed to review the play, which it did. Had the ruling on the field been forward progress, the play would not be reviewable because the goal line was not involved. The Replay Official looked at all five views available for this play: Line Feed, Goal Line cart, Press Box angle, Sky Cam, and Opposite End Zone camera. He correctly determined there was no indisputable video evidence to confirm that either the ruling on the field was correct, or that the ball was loose prior to the runner being down. By rule when there is not indisputable video evidence to confirm or change the call on the field, the ruling stands.

On this play, the covering official ruled the runner was down and still had control of the ball. There is no question the runner ends up on the ground, and there is no question that eventually an Iowa State player ends up with the ball. However, after reviewing the video evidence it is impossible to tell with certainty when the runner loses control of the ball and at that point was he down or not.

The conference would acknowledge in this unique situation if a mistake were made, but we do not have the video evidence to prove that one occurred."

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really think the whistle has jack shit to do with this??? Wow.

Gotta tell you, I was on here last night and today admitting that they may have missed the call, but no clear evidence to overturn. Also admitted. I would be pissed if I was Iowa state.

After seeing this - I was wrong and so are all of you. I don't wanna hear a damned thing about the whistle. The rule was down by contact.

Now play that video and pause it at 4 seconds and then again at 32 seconds. In both, his right leg/hip are down and then the defender strips the ball. Thanks for the post it was a good call last night.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really think the whistle has jack shit to do with this??? Wow.

Gotta tell you, I was on here last night and today admitting that they may have missed the call, but no clear evidence to overturn. Also admitted. I would be pissed if I was Iowa state.

After seeing this - I was wrong and so are all of you. I don't wanna hear a damned thing about the whistle. The rule was down by contact.

Now play that video and pause it at 4 seconds and then again at 32 seconds. In both, his right leg/hip are down and then the defender strips the ball. Thanks for the post it was a good call last night.

He had the ball out before the runner's knee or hip was down. I still think it should have been a turnover. But I also admitted that ISU put themselves in this situation too.

2 pass interferences and that holding back of helmet call were stupid penalties they caused on that same drive. I do think if the ISU DB was paying attention, they could have intercepted the passes instead of interfered.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave the game to Texas with stupid penalties, then have the "blown call/no call" and it's supposed to make the difference between a win or a loss. WOW :L

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the least genuine rants I've ever heard. He sounds like such a drama queen. The huge gaps of silence he kept throwing in there made him look like a total jackoff.