• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Pierce on Trading Block?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing he is. No need to ask for links and all that shit because of course there is nothing solid.

It seems to some that the C's want financial flexibility, with the team going no where fast and all.

I would love to get him in here to start at the 3, pushing Barnes into a quality depth role. Pierce would be the perfect mentor for him.

Curry
Thompson
Pierce
Lee
Bogut

Barnes, Jack, Jenkins, Green, Ezeli, Dirty Landry, and Bazemore off the bench.

It's not as far fetched as couple of you might think at first.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they asking for in return? I know the deadline is a month away so you need to start shopping now but I would think Boston would at least like to see the team play with a healthy Bradley before deciding to blow it up

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they asking for in return? I know the deadline is a month away so you need to start shopping now but I would think Boston would at least like to see the team play with a healthy Bradley before deciding to blow it up

There hasn't been any solid info.

p.s.

If they are looking for Avery Bradley to lead them to a title then they are in worse shape than I thought.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing he is. No need to ask for links and all that shit because of course there is nothing solid.

It seems to some that the C's want financial flexibility, with the team going no where fast and all.

I would love to get him in here to start at the 3, pushing Barnes into a quality depth role. Pierce would be the perfect mentor for him.

Curry
Thompson
Pierce
Lee
Bogut

Barnes, Jack, Jenkins, Green, Ezeli, Dirty Landry, and Bazemore off the bench.

It's not as far fetched as couple of you might think at first.

It would give them a legitimate scorer. As long as it doesn't inhibit the growth of Barnes and Green.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce has one more season after this one on his contract at about $15 million. I can't think of a way the Warriors get Pierce unless they gave up some young talent in the process, something I would not support.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been any solid info.

p.s.

If they are looking for Avery Bradley to lead them to a title then they are in worse shape than I thought.

Bradley is a solid defender, one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He was a big reason why the Cs made a run in the 2nd half last year

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way to fit Pierce under the cap unless the Celts took Beans back.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do the Warriors not have the pieces to add a player like Pierce, but I don't understand why you would want him on the team anyways? His style of play is the exact opposite of what this team needs. You have two guys who live on the perimeter in Klay and Steph and you add another guard, who's pretty much an iso player. It kills the ball movement which we have been thriving off of so far. Also his age makes it unlikely he'd be able to keep up with the pace and movement of the offense. Defensively, he's always been solid, but this year his lateral movement is noticeably worse.

3 years ago, there would be no doubt to go after him. This year...I just don't see it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it. I think a lot of the "going over the hill" big time names will get moved under the new CBA. I think there are a lot of names available at the deadline this year. I bet every one the Mavs not named Dirk is shopped.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do the Warriors not have the pieces to add a player like Pierce, but I don't understand why you would want him on the team anyways? His style of play is the exact opposite of what this team needs. You have two guys who live on the perimeter in Klay and Steph and you add another guard, who's pretty much an iso player. It kills the ball movement which we have been thriving off of so far. Also his age makes it unlikely he'd be able to keep up with the pace and movement of the offense. Defensively, he's always been solid, but this year his lateral movement is noticeably worse.

3 years ago, there would be no doubt to go after him. This year...I just don't see it.

Well said. I'm more eager seeing the growth of Barnes and Green as opposed to seeing Pierce on the team. And with Beans actually showing some progress on the rebounding and defensive end, I'm looking forward to when Bogut does come back because the Warriors can actually control his minutes and use Ezeli and Biedrins to eat up some time while having a defensive presence in the paint - that's what this team really needs and they are getting it in spurts.