• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Pats vs Texans

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised there wasn't a thread posted already.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is anyone else hoping JJ Watt breaks Jacoby Brissett on the first play and we get to see Edelman back there the rest of the game?

NOTHING against Brissett, Nothing against NE, just want a game of Edelman trying to play QB, which seems like the best option from purely an entertainment standing.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is anyone else hoping JJ Watt breaks Jacoby Brissett on the first play and we get to see Edelman back there the rest of the game?

NOTHING against Brissett, Nothing against NE, just want a game of Edelman trying to play QB, which seems like the best option from purely an entertainment standing.

This briefly crossed my mind.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised there wasn't a thread posted already.
I wonder what the Patriots will pull out of their ass to win this one. These guys are amazing. No matter who goes down, they find a way to win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They ain't puttin' Edelman back there, I guarantee you that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Patriots will pull out of their ass to win this one. These guys are amazing. No matter who goes down, they find a way to win.

I haven't placed my wager yet but I'll be very surprised if they win this game. Their OL is beat up and this guy they're starting hasn't been around as long as Jimmy G has been. I could see this getting out of hand with Watt in the backfield all night.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ain't puttin' Edelman back there, I guarantee you that.

Well, he is their emergency QB and if Brissett gets hurt......it's an emergency situation.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Texans will win, 24-13 sounds about right.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be the exact same game with Jacoby in the game.

Two TE set with Blount run left. Blount Run Right, first down rinse and repeat. 3rd down and short Blunt for a hurdle over JJ. 3rd down and long, screen pass.

Jacoby might throw some, but not much more than if Edleman is in.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't placed my wager yet but I'll be very surprised if they win this game. Their OL is beat up and this guy they're starting hasn't been around as long as Jimmy G has been. I could see this getting out of hand with Watt in the backfield all night.

Maybe, but have you seen JJ's track record vs New England?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's ever faced them with NE's OL this disombobulated....

If I recall correctly, they have just run straight at him, and it's been very effective.

Gronk is playing, so I picture a 2 TE set with just old fashing road grading.

I could be wrong no doubt, often surprised with what BB and Josh come up with for game plans. Kind of a, just when you think they were going to do X, they do Y.

First reg. season game in a long time wiht lots of questions and intrigue, for the Pats.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, they have just run straight at him, and it's been very effective.

Gronk is playing, so I picture a 2 TE set with just old fashing road grading.

I could be wrong no doubt, often surprised with what BB and Josh come up with for game plans. Kind of a, just when you think they were going to do X, they do Y.

First reg. season game in a long time wiht lots of questions and intrigue, for the Pats.

We'll see pretty soon.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to lean towards the home team in these Thursday Night Football match ups. Short week + travel gives an advantage to the team that didn't have to get on a plane.

The Pats will come out pounding the ball (probably right at Watt as others have mentioned) and running a lot of the high efficiency passing plays as usual. This should in theory help mask the issues they have at QB and on the OL in pass protection. Brissett hardly threw downfield at all last week, that won't change after 3 days practice. He'll be getting the ball out quickly and I'm sure we'll see the Pats doubling Watt every chance they get on passing downs.

Houston needs to come out strong early and get the lead. Force NE to take chances with Brissett, create some turnovers/advantageous field position, and seal the game away with Lamar Miller. If they let NE hang around I think the Pats take it. Belichick has some sort of scheme cooked up to mess with Osweiler and I'm sure we'll see him turn it over at least once tonight.

A lot of what I said is probably pretty obvious but the point here is that the Pats are going to pull one out of their ass tonight.

New England 20
Houston 16

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to lean towards the home team in these Thursday Night Football match ups. Short week + travel gives an advantage to the team that didn't have to get on a plane.

The Pats will come out pounding the ball (probably right at Watt as others have mentioned) and running a lot of the high efficiency passing plays as usual. This should in theory help mask the issues they have at QB and on the OL in pass protection. Brissett hardly threw downfield at all last week, that won't change after 3 days practice. He'll be getting the ball out quickly and I'm sure we'll see the Pats doubling Watt every chance they get on passing downs.

Houston needs to come out strong early and get the lead. Force NE to take chances with Brissett, create some turnovers/advantageous field position, and seal the game away with Lamar Miller. If they let NE hang around I think the Pats take it. Belichick has some sort of scheme cooked up to mess with Osweiler and I'm sure we'll see him turn it over at least once tonight.

A lot of what I said is probably pretty obvious but the point here is that the Pats are going to pull one out of their ass tonight.

New England 20
Houston 16

Cave, it's the short week and having to travel for Houston that has me thinking the Pats have a shot. If this were a regular Sunday game will a full week of practice, I'm putting C notes on TX.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With you 100%

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cave, it's the short week and having to travel for Houston that has me thinking the Pats have a shot. If this were a regular Sunday game will a full week of practice, I'm putting C notes on TX.

Basically yeah. Full week is a different story. Young QB going up against Belichick's defense on a short week is a recipe for disaster though. NE will do just enough to capitalize on Houston's mistakes to pull this one out IMO.