• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats Trade Cb Green

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for not getting worked up about either acquisition.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for not getting worked up about either acquisition.

maybe Worthy, but you'd think a team would hold onto a 2nd round pick from just 2 years ago if they thought he had any ability whatsoever. I'll wait and see on this, but the Bass trade I do not get. He's done nothing, was an undrafted free agent and coming from a team (Dallas) where he was down on the depth chart..a team with the worst defense in the league, a team whose defense was not just bad last year but historically bad. Unless BB has some magic potion for this guy, stick a fork in him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many things at play here.....

Tommy Kelly hasn't really done much, Chris Jones ankle could be worse than reported, Will Smith has looked "old" according to some reports. Green was not going to make the final cut with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Logan and Arrington. The rookie Malcom could bump Arrington or Logan.

The Patriots got Bass for a "conditional" 7th Round pick. He has to make the cut and play or the pick goes back to the Pats. This appears to be one of those 'favors' for the Cowboys. A little "wink-wink" between the owners.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tommy Kelly hasn't really done much, Chris Jones ankle could be worse than reported, Will Smith has looked "old" according to some reports. Green was not going to make the final cut with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Logan and Arrington. The rookie Malcom could bump Arrington or Logan.

The Patriots got Bass for a "conditional" 7th Round pick. He has to make the cut and play or the pick goes back to the Pats. This appears to be one of those 'favors' for the Cowboys. A little "wink-wink" between the owners.

Bass for Green, Worthy for conditional 7th rounder...Splitting hairs, I know.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kraft and Jones are supposedly good friends. But Jerry has not learned a damn thing from Kraft.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bass looked serviceable last year, he is injury prone apparently. He's not going to be anything special, but he's a good depth guy.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bass looked serviceable last year, he is injury prone apparently. He's not going to be anything special, but he's a good depth guy.

Not sure how serviceable the guy is. The fact Dallas, a team with basically no d-line gave up on him is kind of telling to me. :scratch:

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calling Albert Haynesworth...sorry, I digress. :lol:

Fat Albert was more concerned about stuffing food down his mouth than stuffing QB's in the backfield.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Albert was more concerned about stuffing food down his mouth than stuffing QB's in the backfield.

just goes to show, the Patriots Way isn't for everyone. Glad to know it's working for Reevis though.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just goes to show, the Patriots Way isn't for everyone. Glad to know it's working for Reevis though.

He sure sounds like he's in top form once again after being almost 2 yrs removed from knee surgery.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calling Albert Haynesworth...sorry, I digress. :lol:

but but but......

Yeah you're right.. I got nothing... He was a bust!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it also shows even the top organizations make mistakes. There is no team that is 100% in who they draft, pick up in FA, or who they trade for.

I do think the Jerel Worthy trade could work out decently. Before injuries he was a borderline 1st round pick. If the guy can get himself healthy the Patriots just got a steal. I mean really how many 7th round picks are going to make an impact for a team let alone even make a team as good as the Patriots? Heck the Broncos just picked up Marvin Austin who was a 2nd round pick not too long ago who had struggled because of injuries but he finally got himself healthy and he is now running with the 1st string defense making plays all over the field. Maybe Worthy can do the same. Right now it is just a guessing game in the NFL.