• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Steelers 5:15/8:15 Prime/Local/TSN

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see it differently... You see a coach, but I see players making 3 star food in spite of the coaching/schemes.

Tomlin has always wanted & got conformists on his staff.
Your offensive coaching has not helped you the last couple years, and your QB play really dropped off after Roethlisberger left. That is the biggest difference I see in your team over past teams. QB play, offensive coaching.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your offensive coaching has not helped you the last couple years, and your QB play really dropped off after Roethlisberger left. That is the biggest difference I see in your team over past teams. QB play, offensive coaching.
Roethlisberger covered a lot of ground pulling victories out of his ass. Just like with Bill and Brady. Once that superstar is gone, things fall back on the coaching.

Tomlin is not making feasts with trash. He's not doing much of anything at all it seems. He didn't really do much when he had Ben, Bell and Brown and some pretty stout Defenses either. It's been a decade since their last playoff win. 15 years since their last Super Bowl. Tomlin just cooks a mediocre product.

Look at our OL. We dropped two guards this offseason, and they are playing well elsewhere. We picked up two good guards from elsewhere, and they are playing like shit here. Pat Meyer's OL's are a trainwreck. I think Eagles fans would have universally bet against Seumalo being an up and down mess for us.
GAcw9msXEAAtqca

Here is our OC and RG blocking each other last week, while two free rushers sprint to our QB.

That's coaching. The coaches are pulling down the players. Tomlin isn't squeezing any magical sauce out of this. They are underperforming their talent. The Steelers Defense is the most expensive in the league, and it's pure trash. And it was trash before our ILB's started going down, too. Diontae Johnson and George Pickens are highly talented, but they run 5 yard routes. That's the coaches. This team needs an enema and Tomlin is the fecal plug that keeps it from getting washed out.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dude like Minkah shouldn't be venting frustrations with teammates not working hard to the media.

It shoudn't GET to this point. That's on the coach that it is. It's the coaches job to make sure the players are giving it their all, correct it if they aren't, and to discipline them if they won't.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George getting pouty and not putting in the effort is a problem with himself. That's something a good Coach needs to work with him on specifically.
But week after week having a route chart like this horseshit is malpractice, and you are taunting him and asking for him to flip out. Put in the work just to run quick outs and 5-yard curls? You won't find many WR's in the NFL content with this.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George getting pouty and not putting in the effort is a problem with himself. That's something a good Coach needs to work with him on specifically.
But week after week having a route chart like this horseshit is malpractice, and you are taunting him and asking for him to flip out. Put in the work just to run quick outs and 5-yard curls? You won't find many WR's in the NFL content with this.

As someone who doesn’t watch the Steelers week in and week out I have a question about this specifically, first, we saw with Claypool giving up and being lazy and thus was traded, then there was that infamous clip of Dionte Johnson from a few weeks ago, and now it’s Pickens basically showing a similar lack of effort.

You could‘ve fully blamed Matt Canada before except now it’s still happening so is it something Mike Tomlin just doesn’t care about or is there a bigger issue with all 3 of those guys basically saying I don't give a shit?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who doesn’t watch the Steelers week in and week out I have a question about this specifically, first, we saw with Claypool giving up and being lazy and thus was traded, then there was that infamous clip of Dionte Johnson from a few weeks ago, and now it’s Pickens basically showing a similar lack of effort.

You could‘ve fully blamed Matt Canada before except now it’s still happening so is it something Mike Tomlin just doesn’t care about or is there a bigger issue with all 3 of those guys basically saying I don't give a shit?
Steelers have a history of picking up troubled receivers under Tomlin who drop in the draft due to character concerns. They have a tendency of performing amazingly for a while, then flipping their shit or flaming out for one reason or another. See: Antonio Brown.

I am not aware of any historical character concerns with Diontae though. He has been a solid guy until recently. His issues are he has concentration issues and drops routine passes too often. But he's always been a hard worker and technician.

What we are seeing now is a real breakdown of the culture on the team. The buy-in to Tomlin is evaporating. Players are giving up, they can see the same things we see. It's not just the receivers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing pains are inevitable with new QBs. Roethlisberger had plenty of problems after teams started figuring out how to defend him.

But the schemes not putting players in the best position to succeed is a bigger problem. The evidence is very easy to see for those that watch the film. Collegiate level blocking schemes, WR route concepts that put 2 players within 3-4yds of each other, ignoring opponents weaknesses, running man cover beating concepts against zones, etc. There's just no rhyme or reason to whatever this offense does every week.

Canada is gone, but his scheme concepts remain. They added wrinkles and lit a fire under Kenny's ass. That worked for a week, but defenses adjust and this staff is too incompetent to adapt. It will take a new OC coming in with their own concepts before they can revamp this offense.

To be clear, I'm not absolving Kenny. He has regressed. But he is clearly the best QB they have.