• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis injury - grade 2 strain

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def rest him this week against the Cards, Grant played pretty good(albeit against the rams when the game was basically over) But he showed some aggresiveness and speed. Interested to see how he will do against a better team from the get go.

Would love to see Pat come back for the MNF game but take it on a week to week basis. Need him to be properly healed.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you read that article that i posted it says that he is only going to miss the cardinals game.If he is out until the playoffs i am confident in our defense to get the job done without Willis playing.We can still afford to lose 1 more game.I'd be happy going 13-3 with a first round bye!!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rest him this week against Arizona for sure. In a scenario where the 49ers won and the Saints lost this coming Sunday, I'd rest him again the following week against Pittsburgh.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Maiocco reports that Willis will miss practice and the game against the cards so it doesn't look that serious

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Source: Willis to miss practice time, 'probably' a game

Linebacker Patrick Willis is expected to miss practice time and "probably" the 49ers' game Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals with a right hamstring injury, a source told CSNBayArea.com on Monday.

Willis will not require any kind of surgery -- just rest, the source said. The 49ers will have their first practice of the week on Wednesday to begin preparations to face the Cardinals. After Sunday's game, the 49ers will next play Monday, Dec. 19, against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Coach Jim Harbaugh, who addressed the media Monday afternoon, said he had not yet received results from the MRI examination Willis was scheduled to undergo. Harbaugh rarely discloses injury information to the media beyond what the club is required to supply Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to the league office.

Willis sustained a right lower hamstring strain in the first quarter of the 49ers' 26-0 victory over the St. Louis Rams. He watched the remainder of the game from the sideline. Larry Grant, a four-year veteran, took over for Willis and recorded six tackles and a sack.

Willis, a five-year veteran, missed the first game of his career in the 2010 season finale with a broken hand.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Def rest him this week against the Cards, Grant played pretty good (albeit against the rams when the game was basically over) But he showed some aggresiveness and speed. Interested to see how he will do against a better team from the get go.

Would love to see Pat come back for the MNF game but take it on a week to week basis. Need him to be properly healed.

This...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as being too cautious or preventive involving Willis... He may be 90% heal by sunday but not worth the gamble and no need.

We're division champs and the big picture needs to be painted.

Slightly off topic, after the Pitt game, I hope Harbs starts to rest his starters or use subsitutions more and more to rest our front 7 and other positions on both sides.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No such thing as being too cautious or preventive involving Willis... He may be 90% heal by sunday but not worth the gamble and no need.

We're division champs and the big picture needs to be painted.

Slightly off topic, after the Pitt game, I hope Harbs starts to rest his starters or use subsitutions more and more to rest our front 7 and other positions on both sides.

I would love for NO to give us a free pass to the 2nd seed by losing their next two while we win ours - but, yeah, that's not going to happen.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You younger people have no faith anything!! it's sad how many of you people were born in the 80's during our 3 super bowl wins?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You younger people have no faith anything!! it's sad how many of you people were born in the 80's during our 3 super bowl wins?

? where did this come from.

Not sure who that was too, i was born in 89 and i got faith. Nothing i can do about missing those times, wish i could of seen them. But i have faith in this team every year even during the last decade.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
? where did this come from. Not sure who that was too.

I was born in 89 and i got faith. Nothing i can do about missing those times, wish i could of seen them. But i have faith in this team every year even during the last decade.

I was wondering the same thing...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if its been pointed out yet that Larry Grant came in and played like a Gorilla that just broke out of his cage? I had a hard time remembering that Willis wasn't on the field. I'm not putting Grant in Willis' catagory by any measure, I'm simply stating that I'm not concerned about any streaks broken or any missed beats, based on the way Grant played on Sunday.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was referring to the comment about the saints not losing both games...It could happen yeah...but there is always a chance it won't i suppose i jumped the gun about what i wrote but i've been a little edgy today lol sorry dude

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was referring to the comment about the saints not losing both games...It could happen yeah...but there is always a chance it won't i suppose i jumped the gun about what i wrote but i've been a little edgy today lol sorry dude

No worries at all, Crash.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol its cool. Either way go 49ers!