• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Maroon - From Swamp

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it true he has been dismissed from the team and will not return? I havent found any information other than what has been posted on the swamp (no article)

If it is true, I can't believe how we are handling this. Letting a top prospect go for nothing? At least let it play out and get something in return.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a top prospect. Out best forward prospect, but that doesn't say a whole lot.

But Meltzer's article does say he was dismissed and that Holmgren was on hand in Glen Falls to deal with the undisclosed situation.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it has anything to do with Zherdev being scratched against the Pens? They seem like two completely unrelated matters, but since nobody is saying anything, you never know...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The rumor is a fight with an assistant coach

And yes, by no means am I saying he is a stud by being a top prospect. But with our depleted system, you don't have to be great to be a top prospect at the forward position.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is a fight with an assistant coach

And yes, by no means am I saying he is a stud by being a top prospect. But with our depleted system, you don't have to be great to be a top prospect at the forward position.

If Maroon won, that means Cote is still looking for his second career win as a fighter.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he did fight with a coach, then I don't care how good he is at the AHL level, you get rid of him. He hasn't even sniffed the Flyers roster yet, and by all accounts has gone backwards.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it has anything to do with Zherdev being scratched against the Pens? They seem like two completely unrelated matters, but since nobody is saying anything, you never know...

My understanding is that after his best game as a Flyer, Zherdev went to Homer to complain about ice time. He is being taught the lesson of team!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that after his best game as a Flyer, Zherdev went to Homer to complain about ice time. He is being taught the lesson of team!

So far Zherdev has been awaste of time and money. Maybe we see a different player but IMO the def has looked better without him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Zherdev has been awaste of time and money. Maybe we see a different player but IMO the def has looked better without him.

Agreed, but now that Nodl is out, Zherdev will get more ice time. :rolleyes:

Maroon? Fuck him and his drama.

If I was Homer I would have sent his ass packing too. I'm sure that unless the GM of team he ends up with is a complete selfish prick, he will throw the Flyer's a pick or 2 as compensation anyways, so it'll come down looking like a trade anyways.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Zherdev for 2 million and no prospects wasted was a bad idea to try. But if it doesn't work, I would pull the plug quick and dump him for anything. IT's not my money, and as long as they don't care what happens to him, no harm done to the cap situation.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Zherdev for 2 million and no prospects wasted was a bad idea to try. But if it doesn't work, I would pull the plug quick and dump him for anything. IT's not my money, and as long as they don't care what happens to him, no harm done to the cap situation.

2nd. Obviously unless he starts to create drama like Maroon, I don't see them dumping him anytime soon. It's just too early in the season.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well unless it pans out then it was wasted, but I def see your point. He needs to do a lot to improve so we'll what happens. But I can see him splitting time with Nodl cause IMO Nodl has been better when he has been called up!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed TOx. ALthough I do find it a bit odd that they benched him for 2 games in a row so early...

Very odd...no doubt.

With the Canes on Monday... Nodl hurt... We shall see how bad Z screwed up real soon.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Zherdev. Give the guy time. He played in Mother Russia for a season and has been a reject his entire career. We have seen what he is capable of, but he is not going to produce at all from the bench

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Zherdev. Give the guy time. He played in Mother Russia for a season and has been a reject his entire career. We have seen what he is capable of, but he is not going to produce at all from the bench

Seriously. We are paying nothing for him. He will come around. He has been out of the NHL for a little while, give it time. He will start scoring many a goal

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. We are paying nothing for him. He will come around. He has been out of the NHL for a little while, give it time. He will start scoring many a goal

Exactly. The man seriously could r*pe a goalie with his hands if he wasn't warming the bench. He is our Mike Comrie. Low Risk High Reward,

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't get it. Zherdev has everything to gain from working hard here in Philly, especially with a 1 year contract.

Let him do his thing. If he doesnt want to work hard, well, he is still better than Nodl, Shelley, Carcillo, and others.