• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pass Rush

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers secondary under siege heading into Arizona

This is where the lack of a pass rush really shows. Can't help wonder how much Aldon Smith would've helped? Can't assume he alone would've created all the pressure, but i'm sure he'd have made a difference.

Did think Brooks would be doing better in this area, but he hasn't shown much (pass rush) so far this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers secondary under siege heading into Arizona

This is where the lack of a pass rush really shows. Can't help wonder how much Aldon Smith would've helped? Can't assume he alone would've created all the pressure, but i'm sure he'd have made a difference.

Did think Brooks would be doing better in this area, but he hasn't shown much (pass rush) so far this year.

No doubt the lack of pass rush is hurting. It was magnified by play calling. Mangini was trying to disguise coverages and putting safeties on the LOS. The safeties were out of position or late getting back. It wouldn't surprise me to see less of that this week. Brooks has been pretty quiet. I thnk Aldon would have helped some. Looking at his Oakland stats, it seems he is credited with some hurrys. I don't think his sack total is that big yet.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners' Pass Rush May be Crucial in Matchup with Cardinals

We want Mangini to get aggressive so he does, but then we fans have to understand sometimes, you give up big plays.

I am not an expert at defensive strategy, lol, but there are a couple of things. Being aggressive by blitzing occasionally is okay. On the other hand, trying to disguise coverages against a QB like Rothlesberger might not be the best strategy. I could see where it would work against an inexperienced QB like Bridgewater

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not an expert at defensive strategy, lol, but there are a couple of things. Being aggressive by blitzing occasionally is okay. On the other hand, trying to disguise coverages against a QB like Rothlesberger might not be the best strategy. I could see where it would work against an inexperienced QB like Bridgewater

That wasn't intended to address your post directly, it was just a continuation of the topic. Sorry if it came out differently. NONE of us are experts even though sometimes we THINK we are. :-)

Yes, Mangini has learned a lot about disguising coverage, about what his players can/cannot do. So i'm sure he'll adjust that part, but not drop it entirely. I'm sure disguising is a big part of defensive schemes, so it is adjusting to our player's limitation.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't intended to address your post directly, it was just a continuation of the topic. Sorry if it came out differently. NONE of us are experts even though sometimes we THINK we are. :-)

Yes, Mangini has learned a lot about disguising coverage, about what his players can/cannot do. So i'm sure he'll adjust that part, but not drop it entirely. I'm sure disguising is a big part of defensive schemes, so it is adjusting to our player's limitation.

LOL, what are you apologizing for. No need, its all good. Just adding my dumb two cents as usual. I think part of this complex scheme has to be an adjustment. Under Fangio, everything was played straight up, kinda like the Seahawks do. Now,they are being placed all over. Must be some growing pains.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, what are you apologizing for. No need, its all good. Just adding my dumb two cents as usual. I think part of this complex scheme has to be an adjustment. Under Fangio, everything was played straight up, kinda like the Seahawks do. Now,they are being placed all over. Must be some growing pains.

no doubt on growing pains, we just have different personnel now, the key guys at least. Then there is that little bit of chemistry mainly between Safeties and CB's. But the LB's dropping in coverage also play a little bit part.

Fangio got a little flack, but he had the 'studs' which allowed him to play safer. Because our front 7 COULD do it without blitzing, it made sense to let them loose. Because Willis could cover well, Fangio had more luxury to play straight up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just be honest here the Steelers game is a very poor one to judge our teams performance. 3 days to prep for a team that had a full week to prepare for us and it was a cross country trip. Literally ever negative things you could have on a schedule fell against us for that game.

This week should be much different even though it's once again on the road it's short trip with equal prep time for both teams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt on growing pains, we just have different personnel now, the key guys at least. Then there is that little bit of chemistry mainly between Safeties and CB's. But the LB's dropping in coverage also play a little bit part.

Fangio got a little flack, but he had the 'studs' which allowed him to play safer. Because our front 7 COULD do it without blitzing, it made sense to let them loose. Because Willis could cover well, Fangio had more luxury to play straight up.

Yes he has. I've always liked Fangio and still do. That he was able to plug in different players and the D was still successful. The D was decimated with injuries and still ranked in the top 5 says a lot about Fangio.