• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parenting advice requested (re: Overrated Freddie)

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have this dilemma....my son, 9, asked me back in September for a Freeman jersey for Christmas. I was happy to oblige. Now, however, after that bastard played the largest role of any Brave in causing the 3-2 defeat in the NLDS, I don't want anything with his name/number on something my son will be wearing. Don't want my son advertising anything with one of the biggest chokers in sports on his body.

My question is....how do I change his mind about his favorite player to someone like Soroka, Albies, etc.? That's the jersey I'd rather see him wearing proudly.

FFF

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asked me again yesterday, again, about getting a Choke Freeman jersey. I've tried to steer him toward a Soroka one, but he still wants one of the bum.

FFF

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get him the shirt.
The kid will outgrow it by spring anyway.
You have to pick your battles with kids and this is nothing compared to what you will face later.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get him the shirt.
The kid will outgrow it by spring anyway.
You have to pick your battles with kids and this is nothing compared to what you will face later.

I just hate for him to be walking around wearing the name & number of one of MLB's all time choke artists on his back.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate for him to be walking around wearing the name & number of one of MLB's all time choke artists on his back.
I did some dumb stuff my dad told me not to do and we had great laughs about it later.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have this dilemma....my son, 9, asked me back in September for a Freeman jersey for Christmas. I was happy to oblige. Now, however, after that bastard played the largest role of any Brave in causing the 3-2 defeat in the NLDS, I don't want anything with his name/number on something my son will be wearing. Don't want my son advertising anything with one of the biggest chokers in sports on his body.

My question is....how do I change his mind about his favorite player to someone like Soroka, Albies, etc.? That's the jersey I'd rather see him wearing proudly.

FFF

You agreed to it...do it.

Freddie did choke, but that's irrelevant. It's not like he r@ped someone or worse...he failed at his job this time.

I don't remember how old I was, but I wanted a Reggie Jackson NY Yankees jersey...my dad thought he was a good ball player, but he didn't like his mouth. Note...that I couldn't care less about the Yankees, I just liked RJ.

I also wanted this John Brodie football...he said which is it the football or the jersey? The football...I got the football...so I guess I let my dad off the hook, but I think he would've bought the RJ jersey if I had stuck with it.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agreed to it...do it.

Freddie did choke, but that's irrelevant. It's not like he r@ped someone or worse...he failed at his job this time.

I don't remember how old I was, but I wanted a Reggie Jackson NY Yankees jersey...my dad thought he was a good ball player, but he didn't like his mouth. Note...that I couldn't care less about the Yankees, I just liked RJ.

I also wanted this John Brodie football...he said which is it the football or the jersey? The football...I got the football...so I guess I let my dad off the hook, but I think he would've bought the RJ jersey if I had stuck with it.

I’m still just so pissed at Overrated Freddie. I hate to spend my hard earned money on something with his name on it.

FFF