• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: panthers vs commanders first game thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are not targeting Gibson like you did Cousins? Ok....

To answer your question, no, starting RB should NOT do this.

Since I answered your question, perhaps you can answer two of mine.

Do successful NFL coaches:

*only have 3 winning seasons in 11 years
*not get more than 7 wins each year for 5 straight years
*wait 3 years to find a potential franchise QB

Do successful GMs/Front Office leads:

*botch a full team rebranding and mislead the fans
*select a new team name that is ridiculous and mocked in the NFL
*oversee marketing errors such as official logo patches
*oversee the disastrous memorial to a fallen former player
*offend, mislead, and lie to agents, players, and other front offices in the NFL
*attempt to cover the tracks for an owner who is accused of sexual misconduct and fostering an atmosphere of intimidation and harassment
*lead a front office that is widely considered one of the worst in the NFL

The answer are "no", but let's not let the facts get in the way.

RR has done fine from what he has had. He tried to get Stafford and Wilson but of course you forget to mention that. He got Wentz who is 10x better than TH. I agree that the rebrand was botched but I like the Commanders name and helmets. Never stuck up for this owner.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR has done fine from what he has had. He tried to get Stafford and Wilson but of course you forget to mention that. He got Wentz who is 10x better than TH. I agree that the rebrand was botched but I like the Commanders name and helmets. Never stuck up for this owner.
No, he hasn't. If back-to-back losing seasons are good enough for you, I am not sure what to say. Several coaches have turned around a team in season 1 or 2. I have repeatedly shown you this evidence. You also failed to really address any of the other facts I brought up and dodged them. The overpay for Wentz is yet another fact you can add to the list. You freely admitted to that one. If he has done "fine", why does practically every sports outlet list WSH as having one of the worst FO in the NFL?

Yes, efforts were made to acquire Stafford and Wilson. You can add Goff to that list. They tried and failed. It's called results Dean.
Urban Meyer "tried" to win every game with the JAGs, and TH "tried" to win every game as a starter. Should they get a pass because they "tried? Everyone tries in the NFL Dean, it's the results that matter. Your argument doesn't hold up as usual. If "trying" was a legit excuse, why would owners fire coaches who were trying to win? You continue to show blind loyalty to this front office.

Wentz is NOT 10 times better than TH. He is better, but that is not saying much. If he was as amazing as you say, Indy would have had their phone ringing off the hook. They got one call for your boy Wentz.....Rivera.

Rivera has defended Snyder and you know it. Snyder leaked those Allen/Gruden emails in late 2021 to throw off the scent of the sexual harassment allegations. That was well over a year and a half after Rivera got hired. Surely Rivera knew what was happening.

Rivera's said, "we are doing everything in our power to never repeat the workplace issues". That is simply NOT true. If it was, Snyder would NOT have run from the subpoena and dodged it. Snyder made up an excuse and finally bartered with Congress to testify on a voluntary basis...not subpoena. Making amends and corrections entail addressing the past and rectifying mistakes made. We can all admit that this WILL NOT happen and the victims' testimonies have been swept under the rug. Rivera knows this as well. To say he is NOT sticking up for the owner is dishonest.

We know you like the new helmets. Your new thread post made that clear. I believe you were the only poster who said they liked them. Most of us find them unoriginal and boring. Another strike against the front office.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG will be the starter ,

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he hasn't. If back-to-back losing seasons are good enough for you, I am not sure what to say. Several coaches have turned around a team in season 1 or 2. I have repeatedly shown you this evidence. You also failed to really address any of the other facts I brought up and dodged them. The overpay for Wentz is yet another fact you can add to the list. You freely admitted to that one. If he has done "fine", why does practically every sports outlet list WSH as having one of the worst FO in the NFL?

Yes, efforts were made to acquire Stafford and Wilson. You can add Goff to that list. They tried and failed. It's called results Dean.
Urban Meyer "tried" to win every game with the JAGs, and TH "tried" to win every game as a starter. Should they get a pass because they "tried? Everyone tries in the NFL Dean, it's the results that matter. Your argument doesn't hold up as usual. If "trying" was a legit excuse, why would owners fire coaches who were trying to win? You continue to show blind loyalty to this front office.

Wentz is NOT 10 times better than TH. He is better, but that is not saying much. If he was as amazing as you say, Indy would have had their phone ringing off the hook. They got one call for your boy Wentz.....Rivera.

Rivera has defended Snyder and you know it. Snyder leaked those Allen/Gruden emails in late 2021 to throw off the scent of the sexual harassment allegations. That was well over a year and a half after Rivera got hired. Surely Rivera knew what was happening.

Rivera's said, "we are doing everything in our power to never repeat the workplace issues". That is simply NOT true. If it was, Snyder would NOT have run from the subpoena and dodged it. Snyder made up an excuse and finally bartered with Congress to testify on a voluntary basis...not subpoena. Making amends and corrections entail addressing the past and rectifying mistakes made. We can all admit that this WILL NOT happen and the victims' testimonies have been swept under the rug. Rivera knows this as well. To say he is NOT sticking up for the owner is dishonest.

We know you like the new helmets. Your new thread post made that clear. I believe you were the only poster who said they liked them. Most of us find them unoriginal and boring. Another strike against the front office.

My argument is that we got better at QB. You disagree., Im not reading your non sense. about the qb positon. You want the team to lose You are not a fan. You don't think this team can win, fine. Move on.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is that we got better at QB. You disagree., Im not reading your non sense. about the qb positon. You want the team to lose You are not a fan. You don't think this team can win, fine. Move on.
Not being confrontational but I said in paragraph 3, sentence 1 that Wentz was better. Check for yourself. You are changing the topic, not me.

That was not the argument, the argument was surrounding the front office and Rivera. I clearly disproved what you said, as such, I am not a fan? I have corrected you on many occasions so now you revert to calling me out for not being a fan. You are an emotional fan, and I am a logical fan. That is the difference.

I do not believe the team will win. Many prominent posters said the same thing on your predictions thread. Many of us had between 7-9 wins. Are they all NOT fans? You were the only one who said we would have 11 wins. Go back and check your thread.

Polls indicate we are the least optimistic fan base in the NFL. Are they NOT fans now as well? Anyone who shows concern is deemed not a fan by you. Just because someone disagrees with you and supplies evidence doesn't mean they are wrong or not a fan. Are the fans who stopped coming not fans either? We are last in the NFL.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being confrontational but I said in paragraph 3, sentence 1 that Wentz was better. Check for yourself. You are changing the topic, not me.

That was not the argument, the argument was surrounding the front office and Rivera. I clearly disproved what you said, as such, I am not a fan? I have corrected you on many occasions so now you revert to calling me out for not being a fan. You are an emotional fan, and I am a logical fan. That is the difference.

I do not believe the team will win. Many prominent posters said the same thing on your predictions thread. Many of us had between 7-9 wins. Are they all NOT fans? You were the only one who said we would have 11 wins. Go back and check your thread.

Polls indicate we are the least optimistic fan base in the NFL. Are they NOT fans now as well? Anyone who shows concern is deemed not a fan by you. Just because someone disagrees with you and supplies evidence doesn't mean they are wrong or not a fan. Are the fans who stopped coming not fans either? We are last in the NFL.

you are negative in all your posts

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, don't ever tell me what kind of fan I am.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, don't ever tell me what kind of fan I am.
Um...you need to relax. What is worse, telling someone they are NOT a fan or telling someone what type of fan they are?

You have told me that I am NOT a fan multiple times so you need to stick to your own advice. It might be best for you to hit the "ignore" button or stop engaging me. Fair enough?

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could win 11-12 games, or could win 3-5 games. Honestly, I’m not sure which is more likely.

I could see then take the step forward like the O’s are doing this year, due to the collection of young talent and aigned scheme (Mills’ firing not withstanding).

I could also see them a year away from being good, wallowing in a similar mediocrity led by Carson Wentz’s boneheaded play and grevious errors at inopportuned times.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could win 11-12 games, or could win 3-5 games. Honestly, I’m not sure which is more likely.

I could see then take the step forward like the O’s are doing this year, due to the collection of young talent and aigned scheme (Mills’ firing not withstanding).

I could also see them a year away from being good, wallowing in a similar mediocrity led by Carson Wentz’s boneheaded play and grevious errors at inopportuned times.
Words of wisdom from a Simple Sandwich Man!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of like watching a juggler huh?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...you need to relax. What is worse, telling someone they are NOT a fan or telling someone what type of fan they are?

You have told me that I am NOT a fan multiple times so you need to stick to your own advice. It might be best for you to hit the "ignore" button or stop engaging me. Fair enough?

you engage me. You keep blasting this team and have nothing positive to say but you call your self a fan.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you engage me. You keep blasting this team and have nothing positive to say but you call yourself a fan. you can disagree with team moves, that is fine. To bring up a TH led offense last year and actually compare offensive numbers is down right hilarious. We actually have a real NFL QB now. not a guy that was hanging out on his couch 2 years ago. Im positive about this season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a person isn’t a fan because he blasts the team is absurd. This team deserves to be blasted because they stink on almost every level for nearly 30 yrs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a person isn’t a fan because he blasts the team is absurd. This team deserves to be blasted because they stink on almost every level for nearly 30 yrs

Not absurd at all. RR and Wentz are probably the two most important guys if we have a successful season. You can disagree on getting them but to blast them a month before the season and to say we have no hope is baffling to me. No true fan comes into a season with a bad attitude about their team. So if some Bengals fans was optimistic about there team last offseason they deserved to be blasted b/c cincy had been bad for awhile? Hell no! True Cincy fans stuck with there team and got the Super Bowl.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not absurd at all. RR and Wentz are probably the two most important guys if we have a successful season. You can disagree on getting them but to blast them a month before the season and to say we have no hope is baffling to me. No true fan comes into a season with a bad attitude about their team. So if some Bengals fans was optimistic about there team last offseason they deserved to be blasted b/c cincy had been bad for awhile? Hell no! True Cincy fans stuck with there team and got the Super Bowl.
You don’t determine the rules of fandom dean . If he is pissed at the team he is every bit the fan you are

Criticizing the coach and qb doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan

You have no problem bashing players you don’t like Aka Trent Murphy and KC . No one accused you of not being a fan and you hate AG and Falco and Payne now , doesn’t mean you arent a fan now either

What happens this year isn’t the end game , it’s if they can be consistent and win every yr so next year is the real test

I expect them to beat the cream puffs but can they beat good teams at their best ? Not I hoping Watson sits because I am a scared bitch and have no faith in the team to beat him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t determine the rules of fandom dean . If he is pissed at the team he is every bit the fan you are

Criticizing the coach and qb doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan

You have no problem bashing players you don’t like Aka Trent Murphy and KC . No one accused you of not being a fan and you hate AG and Falco and Payne now , doesn’t mean you arent a fan now either

What happens this year isn’t the end game , it’s if they can be consistent and win every yr so next year is the real test

I expect them to beat the cream puffs but can they beat good teams at their best ? Not I hoping Watson sits because I am a scared bitch and have no faith in the team to beat him

im not determing fandom. He can be pissed at the team. I have no problem with that but he is not even giving the team a chance this year based on what happened last year. It's criticizing the whole team and RR coach and GM from a bum QB that we had last year. . Of course I blast players but my ultimate goal is for the team to win. b/c i blast certain players I still want them to do well for my team to win. This year is a HUGE year. I expected most fans should be behind the decisions. Some are negative from the get go. Not even giving this team a chance.

Not scared just want the team to win. IF we benefit from an injury so what. We have been one of the most injures teams in the nfl. We lost QB1 last year for God Sakes. Then some people use that as critizm to evaluate the team. What? that is nuts. Any team who lost QB1 would fail. Critizing Scott Turner b/c h e cant be successful with TH? You got to be kidding me. How in the world is that fair observation? I say he wanst a fan b/c it was every aspect of this team he bashed. Everything! I got sick of it. We all can form opinions on players he went way too far.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not determing fandom. He can be pissed at the team. I have no problem with that but he is not even giving the team a chance this year based on what happened last year. It's criticizing the whole team and RR coach and GM from a bum QB that we had last year. . Of course I blast players but my ultimate goal is for the team to win. b/c i blast certain players I still want them to do well for my team to win. This year is a HUGE year. I expected most fans should be behind the decisions. Some are negative from the get go. Not even giving this team a chance.

Not scared just want the team to win. IF we benefit from an injury so what. We have been one of the most injures teams in the nfl. We lost QB1 last year for God Sakes. Then some people use that as critizm to evaluate the team. What? that is nuts. Any team who lost QB1 would fail. Critizing Scott Turner b/c h e cant be successful with TH? You got to be kidding me. How in the world is that fair observation? I say he wanst a fan b/c it was every aspect of this team he bashed. Everything! I got sick of it. We all can form opinions on players he went way too far.
of course you are and your reply shows it , he doesnt have to do anything but complain if he wants to

RR is a losing HC , our offense hasnt been good and Fitz didnt look all that great when he di play

there are many reasons people are pissed dean from a whole spectrum of things on and off the field

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you are and your reply shows it , he doesnt have to do anything but complain if he wants to

RR is a losing HC , our offense hasnt been good and Fitz didnt look all that great when he di play

there are many reasons people are pissed dean from a whole spectrum of things on and off the field

Of course, he can complain. He is giving no hope at all. that's what i dont like. RR is 10x better than Gruden. You are evaluating Fitz after one qtr? Are you serious? Losing QB1 didn't matter at all last season? thats crap