• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers last 3 games

TarheelNC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How you guys feeling about the way the Panthers have been playing the past few games? They can finish up 7-9 and possibly ahead of NO and TB in the division standings. I think we could possibly be fighting for a wild card spot next year.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That early loss to ATL, and some of the other ones we gave away in the 4th, kept us from reaching the playoffs this year. I think some talent is there, but we need help on the O-line and in the D backfield. I wonder if this late winning streak saved Rivera's ass.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game yesterday; fans need to stay through the end of the game dadburnit. Provided the Panthers continue to draft like they have the past two years and not whiff on first rounders, the future looks bright indeed. Kind of unfortunate that we couldn't win some of the games earlier this season because the winning streak is going to hamper our draft position :noidea:

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game yesterday; fans need to stay through the end of the game dadburnit. Provided the Panthers continue to draft like they have the past two years and not whiff on first rounders, the future looks bright indeed. Kind of unfortunate that we couldn't win some of the games earlier this season because the winning streak is going to hamper our draft position :noidea:

Luke Kuechly was a winner of a draft pick. May be D ROY, and should be solid at LB for years.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be able to move a RB to manuver for a higher draft pick, maybe trade for a DB.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Kuechly was a winner of a draft pick. May be D ROY, and should be solid at LB for years.

Absolutely; he and Newton have been great picks, but trading up for Otah set us back several years when they did it. The former GM did not do well, especially in the middle-late rounds. Smith was basically the only productive WR after Muhammed retired and they've whiffed there (before trading/drafting for the guise we have now). Really need to shore up the offensive line and maybe get another RB or two in April since Stewart is likely gone to FA this year.

TarheelNC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wouldn't it be awesome if they could pick up Gio Bernard!?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really ought to trade Beason; he hasn't done well on the outside, and Kuechly isn't going anywhere. Isn't Stewart an FA after this season or does he still have another year?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: He just signed a six year deal in August; Williams is signed through 2016. We could forseeably move one of the two with Beason and stock up on picks, or acquire some DB/OL help through trades. I would like to see Williams/Stewart traded while their stock is relatively high (even though RBs are a dime a dozen these days); Beason could potentially bring some good value too though.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely; he and Newton have been great picks, but trading up for Otah set us back several years when they did it. The former GM did not do well, especially in the middle-late rounds. Smith was basically the only productive WR after Muhammed retired and they've whiffed there (before trading/drafting for the guise we have now). Really need to shore up the offensive line and maybe get another RB or two in April since Stewart is likely gone to FA this year.

Didn't we take 3 Qbs the year that Claussen was drafted? Guy from Cincy and another from App St came in (he's still with the team).

And Stewart is signed for quite a while:

Contract:6 yr(s) / $37,811,000
Signing Bonus $9,000,000
Average Salary $6,301,833
End Year:2017

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we take 3 Qbs the year that Claussen was drafted? Guy from Cincy and another from App St came in (he's still with the team).

And Stewart is signed for quite a while:

Contract:6 yr(s) / $37,811,000
Signing Bonus $9,000,000
Average Salary $6,301,833
End Year:2017

Yeah, I just looked up Stewart and Williams contracts (hooray for the internet); we did take three QBs in Clausen's draft though. Edwards was immediately moved to KR/PR/WR and hasn't done anything noteworthy, Tony Pike is now an unsigned FA, and Clausen is sitting behind Anderson on the depth chart. Really whiffed that year; LaFell and Johnson are really the only regular contributors from that draft, which is a tough pill to swallow considering we had 10 picks.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ask GITM to let me mod this forum - might maintain some salary cap stuff and draft information in the offesason, and keep it stickied. I know it's late this year, but maybe some signs of maintenance will help us recruit some people next year. I'm already mod of the bookie forum, so he might roll with it. Would you guys be cool with that? Would anyone else want to pitch in?

TarheelNC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be plenty cool with that! I can't help out until I get back to the States though.

Amburger

with a milkshake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy with the way Cam has been playing. I love him so much and I was getting pissed at everyone bitching about a sophmore slump. I think he played well and I would like to see them end the season with a win.