• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what am i missing about the huskies championship game chances? im not sure if they win why they wouldnt be in over oregon?
The way I understand it is is Washington wins Utah plays USC, is Wash St wins Oregon plays USC

Washington needs...

A win over Washington State AND an Oregon State win AND a Cal win over UCLA OR both a UCLA win over Cal AND a Colorado win over Utah.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is garbage. All and all nice season. Been fun!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I understand it is is Washington wins Utah plays USC, is Wash St wins Oregon plays USC

Washington needs...

A win over Washington State AND an Oregon State win AND a Cal win over UCLA OR both a UCLA win over Cal AND a Colorado win over Utah.

yeah i get the who needs wins thing thats been reported by various media reps but comparing utah vs washington im not sure which tie breaker gives them the edge. washington beat oregon who utah lost to.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th year in the CCG. Short week. We'll see. Not bad for a non BCS team who was 5th choice for joining a now P5 conference. Yes, I think we're building a dynasty in the west without the advantages of blue blood status going in. USC and UCLA will drown in the B1G...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Class act. Mixed feelings for sure. He continued the blueprint for a long time after Harbaugh, but maybe it just wasnt going to work out going further. Wonder who Stanford will bring in.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God he left. He was great to start out with, but the past few seasons it has been really really bad. HE has not been able to recruit and he forgot how Stanford went from being crap to a great team. Offense and Defensive line. We have not recruited there recently

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Class act. Mixed feelings for sure. He continued the blueprint for a long time after Harbaugh, but maybe it just wasnt going to work out going further. Wonder who Stanford will bring in.

It was already tough to recruit to Stanford consistently because of their academic standards and overall lack of interest among students. He was already struggling and I'm sure NIL isn't helping.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i get the who needs wins thing thats been reported by various media reps but comparing utah vs washington im not sure which tie breaker gives them the edge. washington beat oregon who utah lost to.
Sorry I miss understood your question. I don't know what tie breaker they used. I really not prefer USC playing Utah though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a really fun season, it's tough seeing UCLA sitting at 5, and being behind two of the teams they beat. But that's what happens when all of their losses are in Conference & one of those losses coming to an Arizona team they were heavily favored to beat at home.

I think vs Zona, the Bruins got caught looking ahead to the USC game, and then carried the weight of that loss into the next week vs SC.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already tough to recruit to Stanford consistently because of their academic standards and overall lack of interest among students. He was already struggling and I'm sure NIL isn't helping.
In his statement, he said he feels healthy, but did mention that NIL and transfer portal is making recruiting much more difficult for the program. Them going 3-9 the past two seasons has a lot to do with this and it's kind of sad to see. Just like with Petersen, I think some guys aren't built for the NIL and transfer portal gaga. Stanford could be in for rough times unless they can find a coach and staff that can.
I could see Shaw taking a crack at the NFL as a OC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to USC and Utah fans for their teams making the CCG this year.

With that, I do understand the hate expectations I am almost obligated to comply with, however as an outside OU fan (It was Pop's team and we always rooted for each other's teams), it's hard not to admire what Riley & Williams have brought to the wrong side of the tracks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a really fun season, it's tough seeing UCLA sitting at 5, and being behind two of the teams they beat. But that's what happens when all of their losses are in Conference & one of those losses coming to an Arizona team they were heavily favored to beat at home.

I think vs Zona, the Bruins got caught looking ahead to the USC game, and then carried the weight of that loss into the next week vs SC.
6 ranked teams. The PAC has a hell of a bounce back year, and it a big ol log jam in the top 6 with those records. For the Huskies, it's been an outstanding season, although it feels like our defense is still struggling a lot. No word from Penix yet if he plans to head to the NFL. If he stays, Huskies are looking really good for 2023, but that defense needs a lot more talent and work. A big key is to now use this season to boost recruiting. If we end up in the Rose bowl vs Ohio State, I don't like our chances. Just too much of a gap in rosters. Ohio States scrubs could be starters on most other P5 programs. I'm sick to death of always facing them in the Rose bowl when other PAC programs always fall ass backwards into doable wins like vs Wisconsin when they go. Yahh we beat MSU, but OSU is an entirely different beast.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 ranked teams. The PAC has a hell of a bounce back year, and it a big ol log jam in the top 6 with those records. For the Huskies, it's been an outstanding season, although it feels like our defense is still struggling a lot. No word from Penix yet if he plans to head to the NFL. If he stays, Huskies are looking really good for 2023, but that defense needs a lot more talent and work. A big key is to now use this season to boost recruiting. If we end up in the Rose bowl vs Ohio State, I don't like our chances. Just too much of a gap in rosters. Ohio States scrubs could be starters on most other P5 programs. I'm sick to death of always facing them in the Rose bowl when other PAC programs always fall ass backwards into doable wins like vs Wisconsin when they go. Yahh we beat MSU, but OSU is an entirely different beast.
I have been saying most of the season, Ohio St has not played 'anyone' (Save Penn St, who really hasn't played 'anyone'), and this week we saw who they really are vs playing 'someone'.

The Luckeyes caught ND early with a new HC & system that looked shaky at best early in the season. BTW - How a 3 loss Irish were ranked No 15 is beyond me, with losses to Marshall and Stanford in the mix, at least they should drop with 4 losses now on the season! I quess they got a lot of love from the Clemson win who have now lost 2 of their last 4, and as many as your Huskies.

Bottom line, I think if the Dubbs do face this year's Ohio St, they will match up much better than you think they will.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a better 5 loss team in Pac 12 history? Lost to all top 5 teams by an average of a touchdown. Fuck if we had a real QB.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, why isn't Washington playing usc in the CCG?

Because Utah wins the three-way tie-breaker when not all 3 teams play each other. Utah had the harder conference schedule.