• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on Utah. It's hard to say. Their pattern suggests a drop off this year, but maybe they don't have one this time. I don't know how big of a step down UCLA will have. It likely comes down to DTR for them. When he's good, he's really good...but when he isn't...he can be a disaster. If he can play well consistently, they will be trouble.

Arizona may be better, but it's still going to take a minute for them. Maybe they end up fighting with ASU for 4th or 5th in the PAC? I think ASU is going to struggle, too much turmoil. Their recruiting class fell apart and it may not be 100% that Herm is still their coach when the season starts. Gonna be tough for them to overcome all of that.

Agree regarding the defense for USC. It should be improved. But we've heard that before and it never seems to be. They had some talent, got some more through the portal and Grinch seems to be pretty well respected...but Oklahoma wasn't known for their defense either. The offense should be fine. Getting Caleb Williams should significantly shorten the learning curve since he already knows the offense and USC got one of his receivers from OU as well. I'm pretty excited to see what Riley can do with Dye and Raleek Brown. I hate to put too much pressure on a true freshman...but some folks are saying Brown might be the next Reggie Bush (hopefully with a legal house lol).

I don't think the defense has to be great for USC to win the PAC, or at least the South, but it has to be better than what we've seen the past few seasons.

Yeah, if Oregon struggles in getting everyone adjusted, Wazzu or maybe Oregon St. could step up...but even then, Oregon should be able to just "out talent" them. Like I said, if Oregon could have picked a year to have a bunch of turnover and still at least win the North, it would be difficult to pick a better one. lol

Don't forget about the RB USC picked up from Stanford. I think he'll be the starting back for USC this year. Dye is a great third down back because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield but I doubt he's the most talented RB on the roster.

As for UCLA, I don't expect a big dropoff but I don't think they'll really contend for the PAC 12 South. However, if a new DC can come in and improve that defense significantly, I could be wrong.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State lead the Pac 12 and came in tied with Michigan, Penn State, Ole Miss and Cincinnati at 8 for most combine invites. It probably should have been 9 since Tyler Johnson's omission is idiotic. He was one of the 3 or 4 best players on the team, is big and athletic for his position, and has been productive. He will almost certainly be an NFL player unless he's retiring again or something. The only schools with more are Texas A&M and LSU with 9, Alabama and Oklahoma with 11, and Georgia with 14. That is to say, it's Oklahoma and the top SEC recruiting juggernauts. That's it.

I've mentioned or hinted over and over again how this season was pretty disappointing for ASU and that the NCAA allegations and coaching turmoil had messed up something really interesting- This kind of reinforces my point.

This was, talentwise, the best ASU team since 1996. The 8 (that should be 9) doesn't include Jermayne Lole, who missed the whole season but was a preseason 1st Team AA and decided to go back when he'd be a safe mid round type pick. It's doubtful any of them will be drafted exceptionally high, but the 4th rounds on will I think have whole bunch of Sun Devils.

This whole fiasco is just really, really disappointing. They built up a loaded team, then blew it. 8-5, probably 6 guys getting drafted. Maybe more. I'm sure if I looked back, I could find a post from the summer saying I thought ASU had the most talent in the conference... And we did. I was right. We just fucked up over and over again. It was supposed to be a 10-2 or better team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already got my tickets for Vegas to watch Wazzu play SC for the Pac 12 title game next year. No need for the season, you are all welcome.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already got my tickets for Vegas to watch Wazzu play SC for the Pac 12 title game next year. No need for the season, you are all welcome.

I think that Oregon is still the favorite to win the North...but they have had a lot of turnover. A lot will depend on how quickly they can get everyone on the same page. It'll also depend on how good their new coach actually is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State lead the Pac 12 and came in tied with Michigan, Penn State, Ole Miss and Cincinnati at 8 for most combine invites. It probably should have been 9 since Tyler Johnson's omission is idiotic. He was one of the 3 or 4 best players on the team, is big and athletic for his position, and has been productive. He will almost certainly be an NFL player unless he's retiring again or something. The only schools with more are Texas A&M and LSU with 9, Alabama and Oklahoma with 11, and Georgia with 14. That is to say, it's Oklahoma and the top SEC recruiting juggernauts. That's it.

I've mentioned or hinted over and over again how this season was pretty disappointing for ASU and that the NCAA allegations and coaching turmoil had messed up something really interesting- This kind of reinforces my point.

This was, talentwise, the best ASU team since 1996. The 8 (that should be 9) doesn't include Jermayne Lole, who missed the whole season but was a preseason 1st Team AA and decided to go back when he'd be a safe mid round type pick. It's doubtful any of them will be drafted exceptionally high, but the 4th rounds on will I think have whole bunch of Sun Devils.

This whole fiasco is just really, really disappointing. They built up a loaded team, then blew it. 8-5, probably 6 guys getting drafted. Maybe more. I'm sure if I looked back, I could find a post from the summer saying I thought ASU had the most talent in the conference... And we did. I was right. We just fucked up over and over again. It was supposed to be a 10-2 or better team.

Yeah, it sucks for ASU. I was hoping they'd be good again. My family and extended family are all ASU fans, I'm the only one who went rogue. Was looking forward to some fun trash talking.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Oregon is still the favorite to win the North...but they have had a lot of turnover. A lot will depend on how quickly they can get everyone on the same page. It'll also depend on how good their new coach actually is.
Eh, Oregon is favorite in name only. I don’t think there is a single top 25 team in the North

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden Daniels in the portal. Huge blow to ASU

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Oregon is favorite in name only. I don’t think there is a single top 25 team in the North

I think Oregon will be ranked in the top 25 to start the season. They lost a lot to the portal and in de-commits when Cristobal left. But considering that they were pretty much blindsided, they have done a solid job recovering. The question will be whether or not their coach was ready for the step up to the big chair.

If he is, they'll likely win the North and be in the top 25.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOOF!! Huskies land the first commit of the 2023 class. Nice looking RB out of Bakersfield, CA.

As a junior, he ran for 1,246 yards with 10 touchdowns and caught 31 passes for 614 yards and six touchdowns. Defensively, he added 31 tackles, three interceptions and a pair of fumble recoveries.

On the season, he was Cal-Hi Sports All-State First Team Offense and his league's Player of the Year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly 3 qb powerhouse schools but Oregon St seems like the real head scratcher.....

Not necessarily. While I certainly wouldn't call Oregon St. a "quarterback factory", they have had some decent quarterbacks and If I'm not mistaken, they have a couple of QB's in the NFL.

He's familiar with the PAC and with Oregon and Washington getting new coaches, they may have a chance to make a little noise in the PAC North with a QB as good as Daniels.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. While I certainly wouldn't call Oregon St. a "quarterback factory", they have had some decent quarterbacks and If I'm not mistaken, they have a couple of QB's in the NFL.

He's familiar with the PAC and with Oregon and Washington getting new coaches, they may have a chance to make a little noise in the PAC North with a QB as good as Daniels.
Luton and mannion.....pass

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come spring ball I'm going to need a game program this year to know whos on my team let alone the PAC teams. Serious turnover

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1