• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and UO will be smack talking the next few years. With a sprinkle of Utah, ASU and UW. OS & WSU have no shot.

Oregon could lose one or two of those recruits & I wouldn't be surprised if USC lost up to a third of theirs. The Trojans seem to have problems keeping quality recruits in recent years.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs chopping down the Tree - Noyer looks great, starting to feel a little optimistic. The defense needs work tho, especially the secondary.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs chopping down the Tree - Noyer looks great, starting to feel a little optimistic. The defense needs work tho, especially the secondary.

Not so fast.

Buffs 35
Tree 32

2 min and onside kick coming.

Buffs recover kick

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast.

Buffs 35
Tree 32

2 min and onside kick coming.

Buffs recover kick

Pretty poor game management in the fourth quarter. KD took his foot off the gas and almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick react:

Colorado at 2-0 is a bit of a surprise. Is KD actually a good coach?

USC is 2-0 and could easily be 0-2. They are getting the wins, which is the most important thing, however there are still issues in LA.

Ducks move to 2-0 but the defense is still a bit weaker than I was expected. Of course, the offense is better than I imagined so it may be a wash.

UW moved to 1-0 with a win over the Beavs. UW has an elite secondary and a very good defense. Their offense left a bit to be desired. If they want to win the PAC 12, the offense has to improve.

UCLA vs. Cal today should be a good one. I'm really looking forward to it

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick react:

Colorado at 2-0 is a bit of a surprise. Is KD actually a good coach?

USC is 2-0 and could easily be 0-2. They are getting the wins, which is the most important thing, however there are still issues in LA.

Ducks move to 2-0 but the defense is still a bit weaker than I was expected. Of course, the offense is better than I imagined so it may be a wash.

UW moved to 1-0 with a win over the Beavs. UW has an elite secondary and a very good defense. Their offense left a bit to be desired. If they want to win the PAC 12, the offense has to improve.

UCLA vs. Cal today should be a good one. I'm really looking forward to it
It's UW's special teams that were hot garbage, not the offense. Sure, they were very conservative on offense, but they didn't make any big errors on that unit. They just chose to be more pete carroll like in their approach. Rookie frosh QB and they didn't want to push him too hard. He did pick up quite a few 3rd and long and extended drives. For sure has to grow. Their run game worked though. over 260y on the ground and controlled the clock for chunks of the game.

The score was too close. I put 100% of it on the special teams. They gifted the beavs a free 7 on the opening drive with a very bad snap over the head on a punt. You can't do that. Their next punt nearly went over his head again. They missed a very short FG that should have been a gimmie. That's 10pts on the ST. Beyond that, they allowed the beavs to make massive yards on kickoffs. Left them with very short fields multiple times and the beavs scored on a couple of them.

If the ST hadn't have struggled that final result was a blow out even with a conservative offense.

They have work to do.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's UW's special teams that were hot garbage, not the offense. Sure, they were very conservative on offense, but they didn't make any big errors on that unit. They just chose to be more pete carroll like in their approach. Rookie frosh QB and they didn't want to push him too hard. He did pick up quite a few 3rd and long and extended drives. For sure has to grow. Their run game worked though. over 260y on the ground and controlled the clock for chunks of the game.

The score was too close. I put 100% of it on the special teams. They gifted the beavs a free 7 on the opening drive with a very bad snap over the head on a punt. You can't do that. Their next punt nearly went over his head again. They missed a very short FG that should have been a gimmie. That's 10pts on the ST. Beyond that, they allowed the beavs to make massive yards on kickoffs. Left them with very short fields multiple times and the beavs scored on a couple of them.

If the ST hadn't have struggled that final result was a blow out even with a conservative offense.

They have work to do.

I agree the ST errors made the game a lot closer than it needed to be. But UW was far too conservative on offense considering how close the game was IMO. I get trying to lean on your running game with a freshmen QB but if the coaches have that little faith in Morris, that could be a problem.

All that said, I'm not going to overreact too much to week 1. Especially week 1 in the rain with a freshmen QB making his first career start. But I stand by my original statement. UW will have to show more on offense if they are going to win the PAC 12. I think they certainly could, only time will tell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to that one. Glad to hear things are looking good

Yeah, I guess there was a chance that Utah wouldn't be ready and the Colorado/Utah games would have to be switched, but now it looks like it's a go.