1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by SUBuddha, Oct 15, 2017.

1. mrwallace2ku

mrwallace2ku Treehugger

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,500

HELLVA JOB FOR HIM…

thought State should have pursued him first, not that we would have got him...

2. RegentDenali

RegentDenali LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,711

3. socaljim242

socaljim242 Phantom Marine

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,000

Happy for the guy he's done a really good job with the backs. I can't imagine it's going to be hard to find someone to fill that when the guy you're replacing got a job in the NFL. I'm more interested in what Tee Martin is doing and where he's going to be. He's getting interviewed for Grudens staff at the Raiders and I can't say I'm going o be sad if he leaves.

4. 520GGATO

520GGATO Southern Arizona Servin'

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Arizona's about to go the triple option route.:L
    We're going tit for tat with asu.

5. trojanfan12

trojanfan12 R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,459

I won't be sad if he leaves, but won't necessarily be happy either. I think he showed promise, but his inexperience showed a good bit this season. I felt he was learning and in another season or 2, would be one of the better OC's in cfb.

Having said that, I hope Helton hires an experienced OC this time. Tee was fine in most games, but I thought his inexperience showed in some of the bigger games against teams with more experienced OC's. USC should be a program where experienced OC's go to show their stuff for NFL or HC jobs. Not one where they learn how to be an OC before moving on (even though Tee would be going to the NFL lol).

I'd like to see something done re: the o-line coach. Either cut him loose and bring in someone else...or let him know he has this season to improve the o-line or he's out. 2016's o-line was average at best, and this seasons made that one look like an elite NFL line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WizardHawk

WizardHawk #26 - UW's OC needs to find this kid some plays.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,459

There's no fan of the old Pac10 that wasn't deeply impacted by the greatest coug of all time. Forever etched hand in hand with some of the greatest moments in conference history. He was the cherry on the top of UW's greatest season and thankfully it has all been retained and forever available online.

7. wazzu31

wazzu31 I am probably drunk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Mr. Jackson is one of the two greatest Cougs but he will be missed dearly. Whenever he was on the call in any sporting event when I was a kid, I knew whatever sport that was was a big event. And to me, it's such a shame most people last memory of him was because assholes at Disney decided to bring him in the booth for $C/Penn State game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RegentDenali

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,711

And there it is.

Former Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin is reportedly expected to be named the new head coach at Arizona, according to Sports Illustrated's Bruce Feldman.

If the move is finalized, Sumlin will replace Rich Rodriguez—who was let go Jan. 2 after he became the focus of a sexual harassment claim.

Despite some of the recent falloff, Arizona gets a coach in Sumlin who has extensive experience on the offensive side from when he served as an assistant for Washington State, Wyoming, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Purdue before he became a head coach.

If he can replicate the success he had at the end of his Houston tenure and beginning of his time at Texas A&M, Sumlin's new team figures to compete for conference championships in the coming seasons.

With the Wildcats, Sumlin will inherit a team that went 7-6 last season and has one of college football's ascendant talents in dual-threat quarterback Khalil Tate.

As a sophomore, Tate completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,591 yards and 14 touchdowns and ran for 1,411 yards and 12 scores.

9. RegentDenali

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,711

Hearing he has agreed to a 5 year deal.

SOURCE: New #Arizona head coach Kevin Sumlin will retain DC Marcel Yates (they worked together at A&M) as Cats defensive coordinator. Noel Mazzone is expected to be the new OC. RBs coach Clarence McKinney also is expected to join staff.

Chip and Sumlin, two of the biggest “uptempo” guys in the game, are now in the PAC. Conditioning coaches for the PAC defenses are going to be putting in the work.

10. UtahUte

UtahUte Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6

PG can’t even make his own decisions,
    ask his dad. Anyways he’s not as good as one
    might think. He’s actually a spoiled brat
    from Utah. Ya I know the kid, he still
    Hasn’t pulled that silver spoon out of his ass.
    he’s a immature punk. You’ll see his colors
    will shine bright now. Now that he thinks
    he’s the leader on Defense.

11. RegentDenali

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,711

Oh hell yes. WOOF!!!!
    Myles Gaskin will be back with the Huskies for his senior season. Ohhh yes......

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. AlaskaGuy

AlaskaGuy Throbbing Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 449

:hammer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. B_dub

B_dub Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,100

Big time! Dudes a stud.

• Like Like x 3
  14. socaljim242

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,000

lol. Yeah he was only a beast on the field. Sounds like sour grapes if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mrwallace2ku

mrwallace2ku Treehugger

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,500

white men can't dance…Don James

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Olyduck

Olyduck Fast Hard Finish

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,826

NA Sumlin over Edwards in college anyday

17. The Derski

The Derski No Fat Chicks

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

He was reffering to us almost hiring the Navy guy. Sumlin is miles better than that and Herm Edwards.

18. socaljim242

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,000

It's just a waste of a year trying to get Tee to be a competent play caller. Theres a chess player mentality you have to have and trying to see if he has it was a bad decision. Play calling and calling out the defense should be done by people you know who can do it at this level and I think we wasted a year with the terrible play calling . Anyone can beat 90% of the teams on their schedule with the talent USC has on offense. But against teams with as much talent on the defensive side he (or who ever was calling the plays) was over matched.
    I talked to a friend who lives in the OC who said he thinks Sears will win the QB job and JT Daniels will redshirt. He says that Sears is probably better than Darnold as far as technique and decision making.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  19. trojanfan12

trojanfan12 R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,459

I didn't mind giving him a shot. I wasn't that bothered by the playcalling.As bad as the o-line was, it didn't matter what he called. Hard to have many successful plays when you can't block anybody.

I heard the same thing about Sears actually being better than Darnold. Interesting on JT Daniels. I've heard folks say that he could be the favorite to win the starting job.

Whatever happens, it doesn't look like we have to worry too much about replacing Darnold.

• Like Like x 1
  20. wazzu31

wazzu31 I am probably drunk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Well f*ck. I was hoping you guys would go to the triple option so Tate would transfer. Damn, Sumlin had one good year in the $EC he had a poor man's version of Tate in Johnny football.