• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller stopped "recruiting" last September because he smelled that he was going to get busted. It was on 98.7 radio today wit Mr Hansen. The player that was offered 100K was in fact not Ayton but another player who never made it to Tucson. You can find the interview on ariZonasports.com
Greg Hansen already said he was just "speculating" and apologized. He already tweeted it. Everybody is killing him online for the huge fuckup. And Miller didn't stop recruiting. Arizona has alread offered multiple scholies including three to Washington high school players just two weeks ago. Also Sean has been seen at high school gyms scouting players. Hasen fucked up big espically now that phx and some nation outlets are running with what he said. His job is on the line now by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people think Arizona will make a decision on Miller one way or another today.

Arizona is in a tough spot. No one except Miller and the FBI knows for sure if there is evidence implicating Miller. U of A doesn't know. If they fire Miller with cause... and he turns out innocent of these allegations... they subject themselves to potential legal trouble.

Ideally, they could wait until the FBI evidence gets released down the road.
But they can't. ESPN had forced their hand with that bs report. If they stand by him for now, and later it comes out that this allegation (or some version of it) is true... Arizona faces a PR nightmare and has put themselves way behind the curve on recovering from the fallout.

My guess on what is happening right now... Arizona is trying to come to terms with Miller on a mutually negotiated departure. Miller, though, is standing firm, claiming his innocence, basically saying you're gonna have to fire me. He's not gonna give up his legal right to go after vindication if fired.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Miller will remain, with edits to his contract protecting Arizona in the event that real evidence does come out implicating Miller.

If this is true, it's telling to me that Miller would opt for that over negotiating a buyout. Believes in his innocence.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you believe that keeping Miller and later actual evidence coming out would hurt the school?

No way is that true. So far Miller isn't actually guilty of anything. A story with no corroboration and no backing by any other source of any kind is hardly proof of anything. The school would put themselves in more harms way firing a guy that might not be guilty than not doing anything to a guy based on a shaky report that later turns out to be true.

You just can't fire people on hearsay. There isn't one outlet that can criticize UA for not terminating at this point.

There has been a lot of severe overreaction to all of this emerging story. The FBI is somehow involved, but so far I haven't heard of a single crime. Paying players to go to specific schools or paying them to stay at a school doesn't violate any actual federal crime which is what the FBI is supposed to be used for. They are violations of NCAA rules, not laws.

I'm sure a lot of what has come out is true. We all know payments are made and always have been. There will be a few programs hurt by the fallout and maybe some much needed reforms will come as a result, but it's not going to be anything close to what so many are overreaching on.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Arizona is gonna play ball. Be nuts if they won it.

Currently at 25-1...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller back, Trier back, let’s go

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely bugs the shit out of me to watch Payton Pritchard dribble. He carries the ball every single time, so damn obnoxious

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people think Arizona will make a decision on Miller one way or another today.

Arizona is in a tough spot. No one except Miller and the FBI knows for sure if there is evidence implicating Miller. U of A doesn't know. If they fire Miller with cause... and he turns out innocent of these allegations... they subject themselves to potential legal trouble.

Ideally, they could wait until the FBI evidence gets released down the road.
But they can't. ESPN had forced their hand with that bs report. If they stand by him for now, and later it comes out that this allegation (or some version of it) is true... Arizona faces a PR nightmare and has put themselves way behind the curve on recovering from the fallout.

My guess on what is happening right now... Arizona is trying to come to terms with Miller on a mutually negotiated departure. Miller, though, is standing firm, claiming his innocence, basically saying you're gonna have to fire me. He's not gonna give up his legal right to go after vindication if fired.

Yeah, I think Arizona really had no choice but to go all in with Miller. There may well be evidence to support something happening, but what they tried to present so far, doesn't cut it. I mean, you get the timeline AND the player wrong?

If it turns out there is real evidence, Arizona can still fire him and the NCAA sanctions aren't going to be any worse than they already were.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, that would imply that the NCAA bases their sanctions on something.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hansen already said he was just "speculating" and apologized. He already tweeted it. Everybody is killing him online for the huge fuckup. And Miller didn't stop recruiting. Arizona has alread offered multiple scholies including three to Washington high school players just two weeks ago. Also Sean has been seen at high school gyms scouting players. Hasen fucked up big espically now that phx and some nation outlets are running with what he said. His job is on the line now by the sounds of it.

Man, journalists are so thirsty. When they see blood in the water, they go in for the kill, regardless if what they're reporting is true or not.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hansen has been a little bitch for a while now. He’s a glass half empty, pessimistic loser that has nothing going for him.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Schlabach hasn't tweeted since February 25th.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST BEAT the BUFFS and we IN.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I think I shot my wad.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington played well enough to get me to watch this year but really just pissed me off most of the time. Not sure whats worse...Being almost good enough to make it and getting excited like a dork or enjoying the game and not expecting shit:noidea: