• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo speaks

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo was VERY productive in both the '12 and '14 post seasons. Reggie Jackson-like, if I may.
Of course Duff did hit .500 in the WS last year. :)
But he struck out in half his ABs, and was never able to get any runners in.

Quietest .500 in the history of the World Series!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the drums begin beating louder and faster in Beantown. Wonder how Pablo likes going from being adored to being reviled.

Buckley: Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval must go | Boston Herald
How many of us called this?

In order to be productive, Sandoval needs to be on edge. If he is comfortable, if he is having too much fun, he will suck. He has no professional drive.

He was an 18 year old teenager who got pissed at his parents so he moved out to live with his stoner high school friends. Well now the rent is due. Now the power bill is due. The garbage has not been emptied in the kitchen for a while and flies are all over the place. But he gets to sleep till noon, so all is good.

Meanwhile, Matt Duffy is studying the opposing reliever a full inning before he is due up while batting third for the best offense in the NL.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much exactly how it was predicted. His defense has been a career worst, so his weight is probably an issue. The papers have turned on him, the fans probably turned on him yesterday.

"Joyless and uninspiring" doesn't sound like Sandoval, so you know things are real bad.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was one of my favorite Giants, but this outcome was predictable. And think of how much handwringing went on while we 'pursued' him. Thank god we 'missed', just like Uribe in 2011.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of us called this?

In order to be productive, Sandoval needs to be on edge. If he is comfortable, if he is having too much fun, he will suck. He has no professional drive.

He was an 18 year old teenager who got pissed at his parents so he moved out to live with his stoner high school friends. Well now the rent is due. Now the power bill is due. The garbage has not been emptied in the kitchen for a while and flies are all over the place. But he gets to sleep till noon, so all is good.

Meanwhile, Matt Duffy is studying the opposing reliever a full inning before he is due up while batting third for the best offense in the NL.

LOL, alot of people. I mistakenly thought after the Red Sox deal was signed that signing that big contract and having to prove yourself to a new fanbase was reason enough for Pablo to put in the effort this season. I was wrong. He came in out of shape again. I think you are right, he doesn't have the drive to improve himself. And Krukow once said Pablo does not deal with criticism well. I don't get Hanley Ramirez either and why Boston would get him. The Dodgers got rid of him because he is a locker room cancer.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still baffled by the move. He won three rings and was a playoff powerhouse in getting the second two, and I mean he STEPPED IT UP in Oct. The fans f'ing loved you, the Gs were willing to pay him, wtf. He wanted to polish Papi's shoes that bad!!!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still baffled by the move. He won three rings and was a playoff powerhouse in getting the second two, and I mean he STEPPED IT UP in Oct. The fans f'ing loved you, the Gs were willing to pay him, wtf. He wanted to polish Papi's shoes that bad!!!

And as we said at the time, the Bay Area media are very laid back. The Boston media was ready to turn on him (it's not personal, they turn on everyone, including Yaz and TW and Bobby Orr and Larry Bird and...) at his first 0-5. From being loved and adored and well paid to being just well paid? A terrible move by Pablo.