• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Hairston Suspended

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina suspends P.J. Hairston indefinitely after reckless driving citation | One And One - SI.com

So, your head coach is already livid with you. And even though you may have gained a temporary reprieve of sorts when drug possession and driving without a license charges were dropped, you’re still embroiled in a situation where a former felon facing drug charges is renting you cars and has an increasing number of connections to athletes from your school. Oh yeah, and the NCAA is investigating your ties to agents.
So, if you’re P.J. Hairston, what do you do? You get banged for reckless driving after being pulled over for going 93 in a 65-mph zone.
And if you’re North Carolina basketball? You immediately suspend Hairston indefinitely, a decision the school announced Sunday night.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going to jail or dying, this is as sad as it gets. I'm assuming this IS it for this kid. If that turns out to be true, I would drop out of college and get an agent.

You can drive 90 on the autoban.

But indefinite means until I change my mind. With Roy...Harriston could be back once a well written apology is mailed in.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going to jail or dying, this is as sad as it gets. I'm assuming this IS it for this kid. If that turns out to be true, I would drop out of college and get an agent.

But indefinite means until I change my mind. With Roy...Harriston could be back once a well written apology is mailed in.

Not a chance. Especially with everything that went on with the football team. He can't drag the basketball team into the mess and give Pack Pride and the NCAA more crap to look into.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. Especially with everything that went on with the football team. He can't drag the basketball team into the mess and give Pack Pride and the NCAA more crap to look into.

I agree....I was trolling on roy's sometimes soft, questionable approach. Jim Boeheim is about the same.

But yes....over the last couple of years, UNC has been in the news too much and agree, the Harriston issue is really bad timing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....I was trolling on roy's sometimes soft, questionable approach. Jim Boeheim is about the same.

But yes....over the last couple of years, UNC has been in the news too much and agree, the Harriston issue is really bad timing.

What makes you think Roy is soft? What creates that perception? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just curious how someone who isn't a Carolina fan perceives him

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Roy is soft? What creates that perception? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just curious how someone who isn't a Carolina fan perceives him

Where some programs would have suspended Harriston for the incident with the rental cars, Coach Williams makes a statement that he will wait to hear what the courts decide. Jim Boeheim did exactly that when MCW was arrested at Lords and Taylors for stealing a bathrobe and gloves.

Both have a reputation for being very soft on their studs.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC should make him take driving lessons and a drug test before he is reinstated or is that too soft?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC should make him take driving lessons and a drug test before he is reinstated or is that too soft?

Too soft. If UNC reinstates harriston, they are giving their season away....and then some.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soft. If UNC reinstates harriston, they are giving their season away....and then some.

He's practicing with the team now. He may miss "some games", but they won't be ACC games.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course, it wouldn't be written by Hairston, but by a tutor :D