• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outside of the QB position who is the Bronco's MVP?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he can't or won't but I feel like he won't be thrown at enough to lead the league in INT's. Thankfully for us we have some other good CB's on the other side of him so there are times when they will have to sling it to his side a bit. I could see him eventually being like Ramsey, Revis etc where his INT numbers may be low because he will be throw at so few times. Very important we have a good CB on the other side of him if you recall a large amount of time when Champ was here the CB opposite him was bad and constantly picked on. Lenny Walls and Kelly Herndon come to mind. Dre' Bly struggled in Denver at time sorta over his peak a bit. Andre Goodman held up pretty well.

I think this is his break out (or break up) year. They'll throw at him thinking they can scheme guys open, and he'll continue to pick guys off. The great thing is that Herbert and Carr make up a quarter of our season, so he'll have his spots.

After this season I think he's on an island that nobody visits for years to come.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is his break out (or break up) year. They'll throw at him thinking they can scheme guys open, and he'll continue to pick guys off. The great thing is that Herbert and Carr make up a quarter of our season, so he'll have his spots.

After this season I think he's on an island that nobody visits for years to come.

Yeah, I could see this..

He is also very good at reading and reacting. Had the pick 6 off a tipped pass last year. Unlike Champ who baited QB's I don't see him as a big gambler at least he hasn't show me that in his game yet... Which is a good thing because sometimes it can come back to hurt you. Champ was sooooo good at it though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS2 was the first person that came to my mind. I don't think he needs to be injured to really see the true impact he has on the defense though... I think people saw it last year and his growth will continue this year. However, we need to have a legit pass rush for him to reach that level. Which is something I think we can build as long as Gregory and Chubb both stay healthy.

I've heard of the impact already in how the defense can be called because of Surtain. Broncos feel so good about his side of the field a lot of times in practice they slide all other coverage to the middle and far side of the field. LB's instead of having to do a ton of man coverage are either blitzing or sitting in zone reading the eyes of the QB to make plays. Part of Jewell and Griffith looking so good this offseason is in part because they are not being asked to do a whole lot. Sit in the middle and see if something comes your way. Broncos haven't been able to do that since Champ. I guess you could argue a bit with the Harris/Talib set up but Talib was even a different type of CB. He tried to set up the INT big play by allowing a bit to happen in front of him making a QB believe a pass could be completed then boom big play pick-6.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS2 was the first person that came to my mind. I don't think he needs to be injured to really see the true impact he has on the defense though... I think people saw it last year and his growth will continue this year. However, we need to have a legit pass rush for him to reach that level. Which is something I think we can build as long as Gregory and Chubb both stay healthy.
One thing I'm counting on is based on Hackett's history - these Denver Broncos will score early and often. Aaron Rodgers has a slim 4th quarter comeback total - this because the Pack has generally gotten off to good offensive starts and took strong leads into the 2nd half. Getting up on the opposition early magnifies the production of a good pass rush.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Surtain and Derek Stingley will be the best CB's in the NFL soon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on board with this. Surtain will be this year, Stingley will take a 2-3 years to get there as he didn't play a lot at the end of his college career so some rust.

Good opinion. Can't disagree and on the Texans it may take him that 2-3 years to really get recognized for it as he doesn't have a lot of great players around him right now.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic - Reading this thread just made me butt hurt all over again that Gibbs traded Bailey n a 2nd rd pk for Portis. Then proceeded to turn him into a between the tackles workhorse. First time CP touched the ball as a Redskin. He took it 64 yards untouched to the house against a pretty good Bucs defense. For a brief moment I thought, this trade may work out after all. Truth be told though. While CP did put up some good numbers for the Skins, 4 of the next 5 seasons he rushed for 1200 or more yards. He literally carried the Skins offense on his back as the Skins won their last 5 games and made the playoffs in 2005. He was wasted for the playoffs though. Due to toting the rock 27, 26, 23, 27, 27 times those last 5 games and at least 21 times or more the last 9 games of the year. It never got any better than that first carry of his as a Redskin.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic - Reading this thread just made me butt hurt all over again that Gibbs traded Bailey n a 2nd rd pk for Portis. Then proceeded to turn him into a between the tackles workhorse. First time CP touched the ball as a Redskin. He took it 64 yards untouched to the house against a pretty good Bucs defense. For a brief moment I thought, this trade may work out after all. Truth be told though. While CP did put up some good numbers for the Skins, 4 of the next 5 seasons he rushed for 1200 or more yards. He literally carried the Skins offense on his back as the Skins won their last 5 games and made the playoffs in 2005. He was wasted for the playoffs though. Due to toting the rock 27, 26, 23, 27, 27 times those last 5 games and at least 21 times or more the last 9 games of the year. It never got any better than that first carry of his as a Redskin.
That 2nd round pick turned into Oklahoma State RB Tatum Bell.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good opinion. Can't disagree and on the Texans it may take him that 2-3 years to really get recognized for it as he doesn't have a lot of great players around him right now.
I also follow LSU so rooting for him to have that LSU DB star turn to keep up the legacy.