• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Playoff Ranking

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea all we can do is win.

I think we will need FSU to lose a game to stand a chance though even if we do win out.

Either that or we need ASU to lose @ Arizona and then Oregon lose in the PAC Championship game.

There will be a Big 12 team and there will be an SEC team. That is what we know for sure. PAC 12 and ACC are the only Conferences that can open a spot up for the B1G.

I think if Bo can prepare Nebraska well enough to squeak by Wiscy and if Miami beats FSU, which could happen then Nebraska may move up to about tenth in the playoff poll.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it won't really matter if we don't win out basically, even if we did our chances would be slim

I'd be torn if that happened between having a great season and getting shafted by espin

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm starting to understand what the Playoff Committee is doing overall here, and the more I understand it the more I'm realizing Nebraska actually cannot get into this thing. Even if we win out, a 2-loss SEC team is going to be ahead of us.

This committee is not fucking around. As another poster pointed out on the CFB board, the reason Nebraska slipped 3 spots is because Ohio State went into the Sparty this past weekend and spanked them. That is something we didn't do, and we were hanging our hats on that "quality loss."

Now, that loss doesn't look as impressive. Especially given the fact that Michigan State got their asses torn up in Eugene.

There is not enough meat left on the schedule to make a big enough impact. We would have to demolish Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.....and then win very impressively over Ohio State in the B1G Championship game.

After that, we would have to hope that either the ACC or PAC 12 cannot produce an impressive enough 1-loss team.

If we win out, at best we're going to move up to 6th. That is our ceiling as I see it, just after looking at the games that are left for the teams ahead of us to potentially lose. There are going to be multiple 2-loss SEC teams that are going to be evaluated, and at least 1 of them will be better than a 1-loss B1G Champion. The committee wants to make sure they actually get 4 teams in there that are going to be legitimately competitive.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinkj you sell the Huskers chances shprt. Wins over 2 loss Wisconsin and then consecutive wins over Minnesota and Iowa put Nebraska around 8th or 9th IMO. IF the Huskers get lucky enough to play a 11-1 OSU ( likely a top 5 OSU ) and can win that game then you will have a solid argument especially if Miss State loses a few, Zona beats AZ State and FSU, Baylor and Oregon drop one more. That would leave a B10 champion Nebraska in a battle for the last spot with a 2 loss Oregon/Miss State/ Ole Miss type team. At that point it comes down to what the committee values and how big a part a conferenc etitle plays in that valuation. Hell a win this week likely jumps the Huskers 4 or 5 spots ( ahead of many of the 2 loss teams ahead of them now )

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think the committee is looking for the 4 closest things that they can find to world beaters.

It is obvious to them that Nebraska would lose to all of these SEC teams. Even if Nebraska beats Wisconsin this weekend, how does that really make us look any better than those SEC teams?

The bias is real, sirs.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The selective transitive properties they're using make no sense, great for one team bad for another in the same scenario

One thing the bias has helped everyone else out insofar as you can lose one even two games but that's ok still as long as you lose to a perceived good team

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B1G team is just going to be a last resort for them.

That is all there is to it en sech.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was shocked by the ranking. But I see it now. We win this week we don't drop very far because we are not expected to win this game. We win? We may crack the top 10.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know now if we crack the top 10 with a win this weekend.

We might need to win impressively.

The more I'm looking at how this committee is doing things, the more I'm realizing they REALLY want to make sure they get the better teams ranked ahead.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B1G team is just going to be a last resort for them.

That is all there is to it en sech.
-------
I truly believe the "quality" in the SEC has dropped off somewhat. I mean who would have thought 8-10 years ago that Mississippi & Mississippi State would be in the tip 10? Auburn loses to a three loss team and are still ranked in the Top 10. The problem for the B1G is we don't have even one team that just totally dominates in their wins consistently.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We learn a little more about the committee every week. One thing's for sure they're not afraid to move things around.

This week we learned they'll raise a team 7 spots for beating a (6-4) team on the road.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We learn a little more about the committee every week. One thing's for sure they're not afraid to move things around.

This week we learned they'll raise a team 7 spots for beating a (6-4) team on the road.

Yep.

And it was all because earlier in the year they had beat a team that ended up beating a top 10 team on Saturday.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know now if we crack the top 10 with a win this weekend.

We might need to win impressively.

The more I'm looking at how this committee is doing things, the more I'm realizing they REALLY want to make sure they get the better teams ranked ahead.

I think the exact opposite. I think they're desperate for a diverse final four but can't find any good reason to include the B1G yet.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the exact opposite. I think they're desperate for a diverse final four but can't find any good reason to include the B1G yet.

Yea, but if we win out and beat a team that lost to Va Tech at home.....is that going to be enough?

I seriously doubt it now. UCLA jumped 7 spots to #11 simply because they beat Arizona State this season, and Arizona State beat top 10 ND this past weekend.

They're rewarding quality wins and losses. We're gonna have fewer of those than any of those teams currently ranked ahead of us.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami beats FSU and we beat Wisconsin this weekend, then we can start thinking a little bit about having an outside chance.

It'd really be nice if Northwestern upset ND this weekend too.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you truly believe without rose-colored glasses on that Nebraska is one of the 4 best teams in the country?

Just win the B1G Championship and let the cards fall where they may. Everything else is just a waste of energy

:gaah:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you truly believe without rose-colored glasses on that Nebraska is one of the 4 best teams in the country?

Just win the B1G Championship and let the cards fall where they may. Everything else is just a waste of energy

:gaah:

Meh....I'd rather discuss it while we still have a chance.

It's much moar funner that way.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer that question though......no, I do not think we are currently a top 4 team.

If we win this weekend then I will legitimately believe that we are finally a top 10 team. The first legit top 10 team Pelini will have had. He had a chance in 2009 and 2010 to have a top 10 team......but he blew it.

This will be the first legit one, if we can finally go get the big W on the road.

If Miami beats FSU, then I think it's reasonable to see us as top 8.

And if we run the table, there is no doubt in my mind we are top 5. That would mean we finally overcame the "little guy syndrome" that we have, and we beat the big guys. That would man beating Wisky on the road, and beating Urban on the biggest stage of all.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer that question though......no, I do not think we are currently a top 4 team.

If we win this weekend then I will legitimately believe that we are finally a top 10 team. The first legit top 10 team Pelini will have had. He had a chance in 2009 and 2010 to have a top 10 team......but he blew it.

This will be the first legit one, if we can finally go get the big W on the road.

If Miami beats FSU, then I think it's reasonable to see us as top 8.

And if we run the table, there is no doubt in my mind we are top 5. That would mean we finally overcame the "little guy syndrome" that we have, and we beat the big guys. That would man beating Wisky on the road, and beating Urban on the biggest stage of all.

Exactly my point. Win the B1G Championship and let the cards fall where they may. If this were to happen and Nebraska finishes 5th in the final poll would you be happy or would you feel jobbed?