• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our FO has been very quiet.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me wonder what the big boys are scheming over regarding lots of things.
Carp, Lynch, Mebane, Zack M, Does K Williams retire or want back, Maxwell (who I have written off as leaving), older WR's who have or are getting cut, Suh, amongst a few that need attention.

I wonder if there have been agreements in place but no announcements made with our own players.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think they are going to be that big into FA, mainly because our money has been tied up in our own defense studs.

As for Lynch they can't do anything with him until he makes a choice, I'm sure they have created back up plans for staying or leaving. And like you I think Maxwell is gone, with the Eagles are going all out to get Maxwell now with the trade of there RB they have (heard) 40mil in cap space to work on there defense and that's a big area of need for them.

And unless Suh wants to fight for a ring, (I doubt it but hey I haven't spoken with the guy) he going to go for the money. I could easily see him in OAK next year or WASH. (Once again paying the farm to land a big splash name)

I think the FO is so quite because I feel most of there damage is going to come though the draft, and a big FA just is not in the deck this year. (hope I'm wrong and we sign Suh, Maxwell, Wilson, and wagner. Hey there's nothing against dreaming)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of money that is in our cap space, and the players who need to be re-signed, I am not surprised that this is quiet. It's gonna take a lot of negotiation and number crunching to get through it with any amount of money after the extensions. As much as some would love to see Wilson take less to be here ($15 instead of $20), nothing that has been thrown around by anybody (his agent included) lends itself to that being reality, maybe he takes less for fully guaranteed. Lynch has a lot in limbo with his putting off what he's doing. I haven't even heard if extending Wagner is on the table at this point (not from the Seahawks perspective) and even if he is, the best he can expect is being the 3rd priority for the team. How they will be able to do all three while having any cap space at all is beyond me, so it isn't any wonder that the flashiest move they've made so far is Mister Alexander.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of money that is in our cap space, and the players who need to be re-signed, I am not surprised that this is quiet. It's gonna take a lot of negotiation and number crunching to get through it with any amount of money after the extensions. As much as some would love to see Wilson take less to be here ($15 instead of $20), nothing that has been thrown around by anybody (his agent included) lends itself to that being reality, maybe he takes less for fully guaranteed. Lynch has a lot in limbo with his putting off what he's doing. I haven't even heard if extending Wagner is on the table at this point (not from the Seahawks perspective) and even if he is, the best he can expect is being the 3rd priority for the team. How they will be able to do all three while having any cap space at all is beyond me, so it isn't any wonder that the flashiest move they've made so far is Mister Alexander.

Looking back last year to the Avril and KJ Wright deals, this FO moves in mysterious fashion. I would not be surprised if we did nothing big in FA, or if the plan is to whack a couple of guys to bring in a monster.
Whatever happens, I have faith in the FO as most of us do.
Wags and RW's deals (if they happen this year) will be extensions and JS can structure them so there is still plenty of cap space this year.
It has also been quiet if JS has asked anyone to take a pay cut (Mebane, Zack M, McDaniel, Okung).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the FO is staying quiet cause they don't want to tip anybody off about a certain big FA they're interested in. Even if they don't and get contracts done for Wags and RW to go along with a couple of minor FA's to add some depth, I would call it a successful offseason heading towards the draft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we'll seeing a surprise FA signing, but I don't expect myself. Need to complete extending the players on roster first, then if there is any money left, maybe and only maybe we'll see the Seahawks get a steal of a deal.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there's a lot more going on than what we get to hear about. Lack of headlines isn't necessarily indication of lack of activity.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there's a lot more going on than what we get to hear about. Lack of headlines isn't necessarily indication of lack of activity.
Thatis my point entirely. I am sure our FO is working their ass off to improve the team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Suh Gone

Thomas Gone.

Cobb Gone.

What the fuck was our front office doing today?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans always want a big name signing (me included) it just not in the cards this year for the Seahawks. Got a thread about the cap going, check it out.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Suh Gone

Thomas Gone.

Cobb Gone.

Suh hasn't signed, yet. It's being reported as inevitable, but not a done deal. But, Miami is reportedly giving him $60 million guaranteed, with that number not only is Seattle out of it based on cap - I WANT them out of it, cause that's insane!

Thomas is also not actually signed with Jacksonville. Reports are saying that he's getting close to $10 million per with the Jags, so again - I'm GLAD the Seahawks didn't take the 13th ranked TE in the NFL and the 15th best passing TE (while blocking) (according to PFF)

Cobb re-signed with GB, again for $10 million per. Again, let someone else pay that to him, cause Cobb isn't worth $10 per year.

I'm glad Seattle didn't blow a lot of cash to those guys. Suh was always a pipe dream. Thomas is worth $5 million (IMO) and definitely not worth $10. Cobb is over rated and has only played a full schedule once.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We went through this same song and dance last year. We are not going to be active other then resigning our guys and depth moves and we will be one of the top teams again next year. RELAX!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We locked guy's up within so were not going free agency... Were going draft... We might bring in a couple free agents before it's all said and done, but it's obvious Pete and John are staying put and working the draft ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went through this same song and dance last year. We are not going to be active other then resigning our guys and depth moves and we will be one of the top teams again next year. RELAX!
Truth. Really not too much precedent over the last 20 years of building a championship team through free agency. You plug a hole or layer depth with it, but you build with the draft. Lynch is the only stud player on our team that we didn't draft.

Some speculation from Clayton on Saturday that we will be hard after Jordan Cameron, or at least he thought that would be more likely than Julius Thomas.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Suh Gone

Thomas Gone.

Cobb Gone.

The Eagles are now completely unrecognizable. A lot of peculiar moves to say the least.

They overpay for Maxwell, sign an aging RB to replace McCoy, don't tag Maclin and lose him to KC..... Am I forgetting anything? Either chip is a genius or he will be coaching a college team real soon.

Thomas - Jax overpaid.
Suh - Miami overpaid.
Any team other than Green Bay - would've overpaid.
Maxwell - Philly overpaid.

Our front office was doing plenty. They were acting smart and not running the franchise into the ground.

I must be the only one that thinks the Suh signing was ridiculous. $10M more in both contract/guaranteed than Watt who is just a better player, younger, and has no on field/fine issues. God forbid Suh stomps the almighty Brady. Goodell will probably ban him from the NFL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas - Jax overpaid.
Suh - Miami overpaid.
Any team other than Green Bay - would've overpaid.
Maxwell - Philly overpaid.

Our front office was doing plenty. They were acting smart and not running the franchise into the ground.

I must be the only one that thinks the Suh signing was ridiculous. $10M more in both contract/guaranteed than Watt who is just a better player, younger, and has no on field/fine issues. God forbid Suh stomps the almighty Brady. Goodell will probably ban him from the NFL.
I'm not so sure about the Suh signing being ridiculous. If he ends up with a career similar to Tez', he will be worth every penny. A very rare talent.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about the Suh signing being ridiculous. If he ends up with a career similar to Tez', he will be worth every penny. A very rare talent.

Rare talent agreed, but even as dominant as Cortez was the Seahawks never fielded a contender. There's zero reason to throw that much money to any non-QB position IMO. It hamstrings too much on the team and the DT position while important pales in comparison to the value of the QB.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that A) "Big name" free agents were probably never going to be a priority unless they signed a Bennett/Avril-type of deal for a shot at a championship before looking for their next (or first) big payday; and B) Free agency technically hasn't even begun yet and nobody has officially (legally) agreed to anything yet, I'm not sure what people expected. Even if the reported signings across the league happen, there are still plenty of players that will be on the market after that first wave of signings tomorrow afternoon, so let's not chastise the Hawks brass for sitting on their hands just yet. From the sound of it, they'll be adding depth/insurance at the corner position with Blackmon and Williams, which they needed to do. They've still got more to do, obviously, but they can still accomplish everything they want to do this offseason without handcuffing themselves financially in the process.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we can shut down this thread.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... so much for quiet, but to be fair, there's no possible way anybody saw a trade for Jimmy Graham coming.