• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft QF 3 Stakes vs Sushi

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's after the fact, but I'd like to point out that Stake's defense doesn't make any sense. His LB core consists of two MLB's and one Rush LB in a 4-3 scheme.

Ya'll have voted against me in the past for not having players true to their positions. I have guys in my LB core that actually played all of their actual positions at an elite collegiate level. My offense would have dominated.

Hawk played outside in college my dude.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
@Stakesarehigh

It's not solely about your team. Don't take it personal. There are other teams in this draft that have players out of positions, but I'm talking to mostly the other regulars who have voted against me in the past. I'm already behind the 8-ball in terms of knowledge on the sport, but me also making an effort to find LB's who played correctly schematically was incredibly difficult.

It ain't about your team, I'm talking about consistency in voting around here.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
@Stakesarehigh

It's not solely about your team. Don't take it personal. There are other teams in this draft that have players out of positions, but I'm talking to mostly the other regulars who have voted against me in the past. I'm already behind the 8-ball in terms of knowledge on the sport, but me also making an effort to find LB's who played correctly schematically was incredibly difficult.

That was an accidental bs my bad lol

I don't neg people unless they neg me first

Will explain further in a min

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
@Stakesarehigh

Yeah I think voting this draft has been inconsistent but this is our first college football draft. It was difficult for me to vote on some of these matchups and value some players and I actually watch a lot of college football. I think since there were no positions outlined in the OP or for this draft I didn't pay as much attention to positions personally, unless it was obvious they were out of position. I tried to focus on players' values to the team and fit along with greatness of those specific players.

The thing about college is that imo it is much different than NFL where players can play multiple positions, that factored in we weren't supposed to have specific positions it didn't factor as much in the voting for me...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I could put Hendricks at LB on either side and Bruce on the DL or have Bruce as the strong side outside linebacker. Marvin Jones also played in a 4-3 in college and played inside there and in the other league lol

Both Hawk and Marvin were Lombardi winners and Bruce was drafted to be "the next Lawrence Taylor"

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think voting this draft has been inconsistent but this is our first college football draft. It was difficult for me to vote on some of these matchups and value some players and I actually watch a lot of college football. I think since there were no positions outlined in the OP or for this draft I didn't pay as much attention to positions personally, unless it was obvious they were out of position. I tried to focus on players' values to the team and fit along with greatness of those specific players.

The thing about college is that imo it is much different than NFL where players can play multiple positions, that factored in we weren't supposed to have specific positions it didn't factor as much in the voting for me...

I mean that's cool, but isn't it abundantly clear that Bruce is out of position? I mean when you google best collegiate linebackers of all time, his name is always up there. He's quoted as being the next "Lawrence Taylor". I mean doesn't get much more out of position than that when you already have 4 linemen right?

How does he have value to his team unless he's just rushing 5 all the time? Otherwise he has to go Nickle the majority of the time on defense, which gives me a chance to run the ball with OJ.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk played Will alongside Schlegel in the middle and Bobby Carpenter played strong side.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I could put Hendricks at LB on either side and Bruce on the DL or have Bruce as the strong side outside linebacker. Marvin Jones also played in a 4-3 in college and played inside there and in the other league lol

Both Hawk and Marvin were Lombardi winners and Bruce was drafted to be "the next Lawrence Taylor"

I'll defer to your knowledge and definitely won't argue the point. But no one around here gave that assessment with their picks. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I don't think people looked at your team and thought "hey if he swaps Hendricks and Bruce, that might work better, I assume that's what Stake has in mind and therefore I'm gonna vote for him."

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes that was the reason for having Hendricks as well with Bruce. Perhaps I should've more clearly stated that

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll defer to your knowledge and definitely won't argue the point. But no one around here gave that assessment with their picks. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I don't think people looked at your team and thought "hey if he swaps Hendricks and Bruce, that might work better, I assume that's what Stake has in mind and therefore I'm gonna vote for him."

Totally get that

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the website crash for everyone else? Was trying to better explain and my shit kept timing out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's cool, but isn't it abundantly clear that Bruce is out of position? I mean when you google best collegiate linebackers of all time, his name is always up there. He's quoted as being the next "Lawrence Taylor". I mean doesn't get much more out of position than that when you already have 4 linemen right?

How does he have value to his team unless he's just rushing 5 all the time? Otherwise he has to go Nickle the majority of the time on defense, which gives me a chance to run the ball with OJ.

I thought he was listed at LB

upload_2019-2-4_15-28-41.png

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean out of position as a rushing LB in a 4-3 scheme.

Given he was the top overall pick and was quite quick I didn't see a problem with him playing the Bobby Carpenter role. I figured given that Hendricks was versatile enough to play linebacker his entire career in the other league (I do feel it's fair to look ahead in that sense) if it became an issue I'd simply switch the two.

And since we are in the debate round my offense is built around the strengths of VY without naming names there is one team everyone is loving that has a QB that played in a system with short quick throws and have two guys at wr that played in more pro style deep ball offenses.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given he was the top overall pick and was quite quick I didn't see a problem with him playing the Bobby Carpenter role. I figured given that Hendricks was versatile enough to play linebacker his entire career in the other league (I do feel it's fair to look ahead in that sense) if it became an issue I'd simply switch the two.

And since we are in the debate round my offense is built around the strengths of VY without naming names there is one team everyone is loving that has a QB that played in a system with short quick throws and have two guys who played in more pro style deep ball offenses.

Yeah, but I guess my issue kind of circles back to your QB issue on the second part of your post. Just because a player might be capable of something, doesn't indicate what they were actually special at. Possessing the capabilities to play somewhere, IMO, is not a good way to judge the players in these type of formats.

I'm not sure how your other Mocks went, but traditionally in these ones players don't get the respect of their highest peaks unless they're playing at the positions where they were best. Like if for example you draft Deion and played him at Safety, in his prime he might have been an all time great, but you can't really judge him there as if he's "Primetime".

Again, not an issue with your team per-say, just an issue with it being overlooked at times and judged harshly at others.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I guess my issue kind of circles back to your QB issue on the second part of your post. Just because a player might be capable of something, doesn't indicate what they were actually special at. Possessing the capabilities to play somewhere, IMO, is not a good way to judge the players in these type of formats.

I'm not sure how your other Mocks went, but traditionally in these ones players don't get the respect of their highest peaks unless they're playing at the positions where they were best. Like if for example you draft Deion and played him at Safety, in his prime he might have been an all time great, but you can't really judge him there as if he's "Primetime".

Again, not an issue with your team per-say, just an issue with it being overlooked at times and judged harshly at others.

I think it's fair to say given the complexities of this we could have debated more prior

You bring up good points

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW SWAY? HOW?

tenor.gif

DemandingImpureGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-small.gif
Completely different match ups. I was extremely impressed by the team you drafted. Especially since you aid you don't watch cfb. You even managed to work in a college football joke here. Bush dated Kim. Unfortunately you can thank SC for the Kardashians. Great draft sushi :suds: