• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

our ahl team?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what gives with this group? now i will be the first to admit it i dont follow them really not like ranger fans and the wolfpack. however when i do check on them they always seem to be in last place or in the bottom of the pack?

some guy named kowalski is the coach? i know lous son is the gm...ive always wanted some fresh blood in the devils coaching and management pipelines maybe some fresh blood would do good? i mean i really hope lou isnt planning on giving his son the devils whe does retire?

those coaches lead me to the players...sure the devils have had some good draft picks that have panned out. parise/zajac/henrquie but really thats about it recently. those players were all taken in the 1st round or early 2nd round so its no surprise they are nhl caliber players. i'm talking about late round steals 4th-8th rounders. maybe i'm missing someone but i cant think of anyone past the 3rd round the devils have in their lineup right now. RECENT drafted players.

tedenby cant seem to stick with the big club. jofenson the jury is still out correntee is a bust and cant stay healthy....hell they are even 1st rounders. just other players off the top of my head that hit me. palmeri wasnt much of a 3rd line player if that. bergfors is out of the nhl already i believe.

i bash on the ranger fans for their diehard following of the ahl club but just taking a look at our crop of players its not looking good youth wise. and yes i know drafting late doesnt help. but come on out of x amount of picks 1 has to turn into a steal its just the way it is

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They've been having a tough time staying healthy. Henrique has been out for a bit with a hand injury. Gelinas missed most of the season. They got off to a bit of a slow start. Not to mention the Devils draft a lot of college players, and our recent picks are all still in JR.

Matteau and Reid Boucher have been having pretty amazing seasons in Juniors. So has Damon Severson and Reece Scarlett.

Jon Merrill has been injured for a few months too.

As for other late rounders Fayne and Clarkson immediately come to mind. Fayne was a 5th, Clarkson was undrafted. Henrique was a 3rd rounder.

With the exception of Larsson obviously, none of our high picks from the last 3 years or so are in the AHL atm. Merrill, Matteau, Boucher, Severson are all playing in other leagues.

Elias was a steal as a 2nd rounder, but keep in mind it took him 4 AHL seasons to finally make it.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reid Boucher especially is having an insane year in JR. He's almost leading the OHL in goal scoring which is no small feat.