• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU defense by the numbers

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Atlantic 324 yards 14 points
UCLA 383 yards 21 points
Iowa State 447 yards 27 points
Army 379 yards 21 points
Baylor 493 yards 33 points
Texas 501 yards 48 points

Mike Stoops fired

TCU 275 yards 27 points
Kansas State 245 yards 14 points
Texas Tech 473 yards 46 points
Oklahoma State 640 yards 47 points
Kansas 524 yards 40 points

Conclusion:

Kansas State is terrible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State is fucking terrible- they're lucky to beat KU at home. That's how bad they are. Big agree with OP.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can’t get over Kansas with 520+ yards and 40 points.
Hell my sons flag football team could do better than that bullshit.

To have the best offense in The leagues and the worse defense is nutz

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one area where the eye test is useful.

I don't need to see a single fucking number to know what that is. I can see it on every play, even the successful plays.

These kids are burnt out.

Burnt out from playing so many downs, burnt out from trying to fix it, burnt out from watching failure after failure after failure on film.

Not enough people pulling on the oars and too many people pointing at the other people not pulling on the oars. No leadership, no accountability, no direction, focus or drive.

Going against most of these B12 offensive schemes requires a fail-safe flow chart of assignment and accountability. Mike had one, but it was too complex. Ruffin has one, but is letting players dictate a bit too much on its design.

We heard Lincoln Riley at the beginning of the season speak on some of his concerns headed into the season...the only thing I remember him circling on the map was leadership. There was a void of leadership on the team.

I think there still is.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one area where the eye test is useful.

I don't need to see a single fucking number to know what that is. I can see it on every play, even the successful plays.

These kids are burnt out.

Burnt out from playing so many downs, burnt out from trying to fix it, burnt out from watching failure after failure after failure on film.

Not enough people pulling on the oars and too many people pointing at the other people not pulling on the oars. No leadership, no accountability, no direction, focus or drive.

Going against most of these B12 offensive schemes requires a fail-safe flow chart of assignment and accountability. Mike had one, but it was too complex. Ruffin has one, but is letting players dictate a bit too much on its design.

We heard Lincoln Riley at the beginning of the season speak on some of his concerns headed into the season...the only thing I remember him circling on the map was leadership. There was a void of leadership on the team.

I think there still is.

I think they suffer from being second class citizens. You can sum up the defensive philosophy as “just be OK and the offense will win games”. I think the root of the problem is in that philosophy.