• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other games week 4

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently watching FSU/Clemson. The FSU band started playing the theme to Game of Thrones. BAD ASS

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn thats awesome. Two ranked-on-ranked games tonight and I'm stuck at work :(

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...so...if the VT team that we've seen so far is the one that shows up to the CU and FSU games, we're going to get blown out. Both of those teams are legit.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...so...if the VT team that we've seen so far is the one that shows up to the CU and FSU games, we're going to get blown out. Both of those teams are legit.

watching that game, i really havent been able to decide if they are really that good...or if both of their D's are just not very good?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching that game, i really havent been able to decide if they are really that good...or if both of their D's are just not very good?

I think both of their D's were on par with, or better than ours. And both of those offenses were light years better than ours, so I don't foresee us being able to score the way either CU or FSU did by any means.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both of their D's were on par with or better than ours. And both of those offenses were light years better than ours, so I don't foresee us being able to score the way either CU or FSU did

FSU looked better than us on both sides of the ball, but Clemson is a different story. I don't think Clemson's D is on par with or better than our D. But the real questions are whether Clemson's D can stop our O, and whether our D can stop their O. I'm glad that game isn't this week. I don't feel like we've put things together on either side yet. If we do, Clemson is definitely beatable. I'm not sure FSU is, unless we make better strides than I am expecting and FSU comes back down to earth.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU looked better than us on both sides of the ball, but Clemson is a different story. I don't think Clemson's D is on par with or better than our D. But the real questions are whether Clemson's D can stop our O, and whether our D can stop their O. I'm glad that game isn't this week. I don't feel like we've put things together on either side yet. If we do, Clemson is definitely beatable. I'm not sure FSU is, unless we make better strides than I am expecting and FSU comes back down to earth.

I agree Clemson is the more beatable team, but I don't see any way our defense (secondary specifically in it's current state) will be able to contain Watkins, Hopkins, and Ford. At this point, I'm still not putting much stock into our offense yet. I would like to see Clemson's D play against another decent opponent as well as our O actually move the ball against an AQ team.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Clemson is the more beatable team, but I don't see any way our defense (secondary specifically in it's current state) will be able to contain Watkins, Hopkins, and Ford. At this point, I'm still not putting much stock into our offense yet. I would like to see Clemson's D play against another decent opponent as well as our O actually move the ball against an AQ team.

This is a question of whether we put things together or not. I share your concern. We definitely need our young guys in the secondary (plus Exum, new to corner, assuming he stays there) to make strides between now and then. Even more importantly, our front 7 have got to figure out how to put more pressure on the QB. We just aren't going to shut down their wide receivers without getting pressure on Boyd, no matter how much the secondary improves. The good news is that their OL has issues. Let's hope our DL progresses more than their OL leading into that game.

Clemson's D doesn't scare me. Of course, our O isn't scaring opponents right now, either. I think our O has more upside than Clemson's D, but that could just be my bias talking. We have to get things going. Let's start with Cincy. I think we'll agree they have a better D than Clemson. If we do well against them, I will feel a lot better.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone really knows how good FSU and Clemson are at all. It's too early to tell and they are each other's only good opponent. That being said I am pretty sure they are both way better than VT at this point. We have some major work to do.