• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTA News

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So finally some actual football news during this long off season. Figured if anybody hears any news worthy information about OTA practices we could put them all here.

First off and probably most important is injury updates. From reports players back on the field that were injured last year include Ryan Clady, Quinton Carter, Rahim Moore, DeMarcus Ware, and partly Von Miller (did individual drills but not team drills)

Only players not practicing today were Vickerson and Harris. So things looking good on the injury front.

The only other news people have been talking about is Peyton is practicing without the gloves at OTA's. Some speculate that this shows his arm strength and grip could be even better this year and he is trusting his arm all that much more. This seems more like a slow news day observation but hey it is news I guess.

The other important news was TJ Ward speaking for the first time since his arrest. Said he actually did not know about the warrant for his arrest until it broke on the news and turned himself in right away. Said the legal side of all of this is being taken care of and that he will learn from this kind of incident. Said that Elway and Fox both called him up right away and ripped him a new one for bringing bad press to the team.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the other bit of good news yesterday was DeMarcus Ware saying that last year was an abberation caused by injuries. He said he felt great and could go at full speed for the first time in a long time. Observers said Ware was showing explosiveness off the end when rushing the passer. Of course, all of that is without pads or any hitting. He also joked that Peyton tried to run that bootleg that worked against the Cowboys last year but this time he didn't let Peyton get away with it. A bit of a funny moment.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he started last year without the glove as well. I thought he only had grip issues when it got cold/wet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he started last year without the glove as well. I thought he only had grip issues when it got cold/wet.

He actually last year decided to go with the glove most of the year if I remember right so that he wasn't having to work on getting used to it. He didn't have it on for the 1st game of the year though so again like I said it is news but not that big of news. I honestly think he does better with the gloves on no matter what though so he does seem to get a better spiral and an easier ball for the players to catch.

The Broncos also had Manning and D. Thomas carry green balls with them every where they went. The coaches are putting a huge emphasis on limiting fumbles this season so are going to make different players carry the green ball around during practice to remind them to protect the football.

When Manning was asked about them he had a pretty funny answer to the media saying this was an A and B conversation so the media can just C their way out of it kind of thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the other bit of good news yesterday was DeMarcus Ware saying that last year was an abberation caused by injuries. He said he felt great and could go at full speed for the first time in a long time. Observers said Ware was showing explosiveness off the end when rushing the passer. Of course, all of that is without pads or any hitting. He also joked that Peyton tried to run that bootleg that worked against the Cowboys last year but this time he didn't let Peyton get away with it. A bit of a funny moment.

Yeah I heard that too. Ware said he isn't a 100% quite yet but is definitely getting closer. I cannot wait to see him and Von both healthy and on the field. That is going to be a nightmare created in the mind of Hitchcock for quarterbacks around the league.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes. Can't wait to see Ware opposite Miller.

Glad to hear Ward got ripped up by Elway and Fox. We don't need any off the field funny stuff, so let it stop there TJ.

So glad the boys are back on the field and getting to work! Keep the news comin' fellas :thumb:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few things from yesterday. Saw a picture of Ryan Clady going against DeMarcus Ware and man that just gets me excited to see those 2 guys in Bronco uniforms.

Rahim Moore supposedly was so excited for practice that he put his pads on backwards and when he realized it got stuck in his pads because he didn't want to take the time to take them off and put them back on so he could get to the field quicker.

Also with Moore the coaches and players have said that Moore and Ward already have some great chemistry going. They know what each is going to do.

DT said that Peyton's arm is stronger this year. He dropped a pass in practice because he didn't expect it to get to him so quickly. This one makes me laugh since so many think Peyton is going to start going down hill this year and his arm strength is going to be non-existent. Pretty sure the more years between a player and a major surgery the more strength comes back. Wouldn't surprise me honestly if Peyton played another 3 years.

Knighton and Miller have taken on leadership roles with Knighton working a lot with Sly Williams and Miller working a lot with McCray.

Now obviously this could be just coach speak but they have been talking up Irving quite a bit at practice so far.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'm excited to see Miller and Ware off the edges, I'm just as intrigued to see Sly in his 2nd year too. He really did start to play better towards the end of the year. He didn't make alot of impactful plays, but I remember watching him closely quite a bit, and he was starting to show he can be disruptive up the middle. He and Knighton could very well be the best DT combo in the league....if Sly continues to progress :rockon:

Glad to also hear Rahim is jacked to be back. Of all the articles I read, he really did deal with an odd, yet kinda horrific injury last year, and to have him back at all is just great. Glad to hear he's come in with some spunk too, and ready to rock the house. He and Ward could be nasty together. The Rover and the Enforcer....potential galore.

Gonna be curious to hear more on McCray as OTA's conclude, and we get into TC. I remember him making some badass plays during some preseason games. His injury didn't seem to serious when it happened, but it did end up costing him the season. Hoping he can stay healthy this year.

I read somewhere that they're converting Gerrell Robinson into a TE? Any news on him lining up at TE? That'd be a an curious position move, but I guess I could see it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also heard that they're converting Robinson to a TE. He's been bulking up heavily. He had amazing chemistry with Osweiller in their college days, so he's an interesting prospect. I agree that it seems odd since we are pretty set at tight end.

I'm pretty interested to see how Derek Wolfe bounces back this year. I think he can really be a difference maker on our D-line, if he's at 100%.

Really cool to hear DT talk about Peyton's arm strength. Peyton Manning seems ageless to me anymore. Sooner or later, the body has to begin to break down but he can cover up so many warts with his head.

It's been reported quite a bit here in Denver that this will be one of the most intense training camps for the Broncos ever, since fans are not able to attend with the Dove Valley construction going on. There's been talk that the coaching staff and Peyton are licking their chops to have a camp that is ALL BUSINESS.

So far, I like the tone that I hear coming out of camp. Especially the defensive players who are making it clear that they want the defensive performance in the upcoming season to match the high level of playmaking that the Broncos offense is projected to do. That would be great!

Go Broncos!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson has converted to TE and has bulked up 20-30 lbs. last I heard. I think his progression will go a long way in determining whether we keep one of or both in Dreessen and Tamme. Both carry a decent cap number for the little they see the field so if Robinson has developed honestly I could see both of them being cut and us saving something like $5 million in Cap Space.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson has converted to TE and has bulked up 20-30 lbs. last I heard. I think his progression will go a long way in determining whether we keep one of or both in Dreessen and Tamme. [/B]Both carry a decent cap number for the little they see the field so if Robinson has developed honestly I could see both of them being cut and us saving something like $5 million in Cap Space.

:10:

That's exactly what I got to thinking too.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Message you get when you have not been on here in a while

So it has been slow and I have looked at posts but not posted anything in a awhile and I get this message at the top when I log in today:

Hi, Morpheus. It appears that you haven't posted on our forums in quite awhile. Is your team really that bad?! Come on and throw your two-cents in too!

Really, Admins? It's the off-season. OTA's barely here. Nothing really that important or substantial going on. Your attempt to generate more traffic to justify ad spend by insulting posters about how their team is really that bad IN MAY is pathetic.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rant over.

One of my biggest concerns for this season is how well all these guys come back from injury.

Ware, Miller, Harris, Moore, Clady all coming off of serious injury. What are the odds they are all 100%?

It would be a miracle if they all have no complications from their injuries. Here's hoping they are as healthy as possible and that we have the depth at those positions.

So bummed hat camp will be closed to the public this year. Have to rely on the media (Uggg!) to evaluate.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rant over.

One of my biggest concerns for this season is how well all these guys come back from injury.

Ware, Miller, Harris, Moore, Clady all coming off of serious injury. What are the odds they are all 100%?

It would be a miracle if they all have no complications from their injuries. Here's hoping they are as healthy as possible and that we have the depth at those positions.

So bummed hat camp will be closed to the public this year. Have to rely on the media (Uggg!) to evaluate.

This is a good point, but it will also be a miracle if they ALL have problems recovering. Some of them are likely going to be just fine.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had more than our fair share of injuries the past few years, so the injury bug needs to back off this season. I just hope they all take their time getting back to 100% and everybody stays that way :thumb:

Yah Morph....I'd have to agree with the mod thing with the boards. I don't think antagonizing people is the best approach to get them back on. Like you said though.....not much going on right now anyways.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rant over.

If I remember rightly, Ware's injury was a while back, it's just a nagging complication. Anyway, the surgery Ware had seems to have a strong success rate. Moore's was more a fluke injury than anything. While it was life threatening, from what I understand the recovery isn't as major a deal as other injuries. Clady's had a LONG time to heal up. The ones I'd wonder about are Miller's and Harris' injuries, since they happened more recently. Apparently though, Harris' tear was pretty mild, so that's good. We shall see how Miller recovers, but we seem to have better pass rushing talent taking up the slack this season. I'm curious to see what Smith does.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/cecillammey/statuses/473527900034306048
https://twitter.com/cecillammey/statuses/473528315564027904
https://twitter.com/DSNAdam/statuses/473541446587678720
https://twitter.com/cecillammey/statuses/473543139093774336

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story I heard today was the defense has been working so hard to make sure they are a great defense this year the coaches gave them the day off. Every single player still showed up to practice and weightlift to make sure they are working harder than any other team.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty sweet. Just keep workin' and stay healthy fellas. We're at 93 days till kickoff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few more news worthy things from OTA's as we get ready to switch to the Mandatory practices this week.

First the Broncos had full participation at the OTA's. Most teams have at least 1-2 players miss for various reasons but looks like the Broncos are very focused towards what they want to do.

Second Wolfe is not the only guy to beef up over the off season. Montee Ball is now weighing in at 220 lbs. and players and coaches both commented about how much more intimidating he looks standing in the huddle. From what I have read this extra weight has been healthy weight as he has kept his speed and agility in the process. So we might have our 3rd and short runner in Ball as he did impress me last year with his ability to fight for extra yards and maybe this year he will be even better at it.

Brennan Clay has separated himself at this point from the other UDFA RB's that we have on our roster. He offers a more change of pace guy. Can't see us keeping him and Hillman though as they would essentially offer the same skill set to the team.

Emmanuel Sanders is said to be the talk of OTA's as coaches and players have both commented on how much faster he is than they thought. This has also come with Manning throwing the deep ball on a more regular basis than he has the past 2 years in OTA's so we could see a few more deep balls this season.

Isaiah Burse is another receiver turning heads at camp with his speed and ankle breaking moves. Very good chance this guy makes it as our return guy with the opportunity to compete for Welker's spot next year.

Coaches have all but confirmed now that Orlando Franklin is going to play LG this season meaning the RT spot is the bit question mark.

Von Miller is way ahead in his recovery from an ACL tear. Looks like coaches are almost having to keep him from going full speed at this point just trying to exercise caution. Also on the Von Miller front he has slimmed back down to what he was when he finished 2nd in the voting for DPOY.

Broncos are going to be experimenting with essentially 4 different options for the MLB position. Right now Irving is the front runner for the position but Steven Johnson will get a chance. Behind those 2 options the other is to mix and match depending on down and distance with Barrow or even Ward stepping into the MLB position in the Nickel defense.