• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 154

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP vs Condit is only minutes away. Who do you guys got?

I'm hoping GSP wins so we can finally see Silva vs GSP.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP vs Condit is only minutes away. Who do you guys got?

I'm hoping GSP wins so we can finally see Silva vs GSP.

Same, but this is the most nervous I have ever been about any of his fights since winning the title. Even if that knee is 100% Condit is by far his most challenging opponent. Condit is as close to GSP in skill of anyone in the division and can match him in the mental aspect as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3rd round had me scared. Hopefully we get to see the fight we have all been waiting for. If Dana White doesn't make this fight happen i will never forgive him.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP not perfect, but looked damned good coming off injury.

get the silva fight booked!

winner == history

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP not perfect, but looked damned good coming off injury.

get the silva fight booked!

winner == history

Silva is the man, but GSP's take downs and Defense might win him that fight. I love watching both guys fight. I have no idea who i would want to win. Hopefully its at a neutral location in Vegas or something.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised one of the judges even Condit a round. That kick was a pretty big deal though and almost won him the fight. The problem is he did nothing else that whole round but get controlled and pounded on by GSP. Condit was easily the toughest challenger GSP has had for the belt, and yet he still dominated the fight.

I'm sure some will say Hendricks deserve the title shot after his KO tonight, but what is really so different about Hendricks that GSP did not already beat in Kosh? They are both dominate wrestlers with KO power. GSP did a plastic surgery job on Kosh face and out wrestled him. Why should we believe Hendricks would stand a better chance?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised one of the judges even Condit a round. That kick was a pretty big deal though and almost won him the fight. The problem is he did nothing else that whole round but get controlled and pounded on by GSP. Condit was easily the toughest challenger GSP has had for the belt, and yet he still dominated the fight.

I'm sure some will say Hendricks deserve the title shot after his KO tonight, but what is really so different about Hendricks that GSP did not already beat in Kosh? They are both dominate wrestlers with KO power. GSP did a plastic surgery job on Kosh face and out wrestled him. Why should we believe Hendricks would stand a better chance?

I gave Condit round 3. He should of definitely won that round. I look forward to watching Condit in the future. Tons of credit for the job he did against one the best (if not the best) in the world.

Hendricks is an intriguing guy to watch. He's a very accurate striker and the way he throws his punches makes him incredibly dangerous at all times. GSP vs Silva first. I wouldn't be opposed to a Diaz/Hendricks fight or even a Condit/Hendricks fight to decide who faces GSP next.

The main goal is to get GSP and Silva in the ring together. Hopefully at a neutral location like Cowboys stadium. I know they have been trying to plan for an event there for a while and that makes a lot of sense for this fight.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva was there to supposedly challenge GSP and the fight was all set up. I think though that because GSP didn't just walk through Condit they didn't do it. Still could announce the fight, but I think GSP will have to think more about that Silva fight now. Overall I thought the card was alright. Only thought a couple of the fights were entertaining.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva was there to supposedly challenge GSP and the fight was all set up. I think though that because GSP didn't just walk through Condit they didn't do it. Still could announce the fight, but I think GSP will have to think more about that Silva fight now. Overall I thought the card was alright. Only thought a couple of the fights were entertaining.

It's similar to what happened when GSP showed up at the Silva/Maia fight. Except the Condit fight was supposed to be tougher. I still think the GSP/Silva fight will still happen.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a interview prior to tonight Silva said he was in town to to train and film some stuff. And the rumors of him being there to call out GSP afterwords are not true because it is "not his personality" to do that

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a interview prior to tonight Silva said he was in town to to train and film some stuff. And the rumors of him being there to call out GSP afterwords are not true because it is "not his personality" to do that

Yeah, but think about it... in every fight the guy has ever had in the UFC he has been a showboating cocky guy. He can easily back it up, but to pretend to be humble and not go and call someone out, when he acts like that on regular basis... I don't buy it. I mean, he wasn't going to admit it anyway, and the guys walking into the ring after a fight is set up and just for hype and publicity.

Either way, I was glad to see a good fight.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva vs bones would be epic.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP vs Silva - Catchweight Superfight
Hendricks vs Diaz - #1 Contender Match

Those seem like the best fights to me. If Hendricks can get past Diaz then he is a legit challenger. If he can't then Diaz vs GSP is still a big fight that fans want to see.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone actually believe Anderson Silva would lose to Jon Jones or GSP?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Silva's reach, height, and weight advantage are too much for GSP.

I'd rather see Bones vs Silva.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually believe Anderson Silva would lose to Jon Jones or GSP?

I think both have a chance. I love watching all three of those fighters, but i think i would want Silva to win. GSP is a threat to Silva. He has the best take downs in the UFC as far as i am concerned and he's a hell of a lot smarter fighter then Sonnen.

Jones vs Silva would be a scary fight. Someone is getting knocked the fuck out in that one. Silva has never had a fight in which he hasn't had the reach advantage, though. Jones would have a major reach advantage and cause Silva to switch up his regular game plan.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Silva would knock Jones out. Jones standup is actually a bit sloppy and Silva is they type of fighter to take advantage of that.

With that said Jones reach is a nightmare for anyone, and he might could take Silva down and destroy him with those elbows.

I could see GSP beating Silva with a gameplan similar to Sonnen. GSP is smaller than Sonnen but a much smarter fighter with better wrestling and Ground-n-Pound.

Silva would be the favorite in either fight, but both Jones and GSP would be the toughest opponents of his career.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think both have a chance. I love watching all three of those fighters, but i think i would want Silva to win. GSP is a threat to Silva. He has the best take downs in the UFC as far as i am concerned and he's a hell of a lot smarter fighter then Sonnen.

Jones vs Silva would be a scary fight. Someone is getting knocked the fuck out in that one. Silva has never had a fight in which he hasn't had the reach advantage, though. Jones would have a major reach advantage and cause Silva to switch up his regular game plan.

SO true.

But I'm sure Silva changing up his gameplan would probably be for the better...

Anderson-bonnar.gif

imagine if he actually cared about positioning in the ring and having his guard up:ohwell:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Silva wins this is how it would happen, but Jones doesn't really knock anybody out. He has lethal ground and pound but he mostly submits guys. I think that is the biggest reason he will stay at light heavy for as long as he can. He won't be able to bully guys at that weight.

Don't get me wrong, Jones is a great fighter, but he is a giant in that division and I would love to see how he would fair against guys his size. If Silva is ever going to fight him it has to be soon, because after a while Jones will be even bigger and Silva will be even older.