• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Trading Cards

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I are doing some cleaning of the condo and I ran across some totes that I have full of hockey and football cars. I saw these and thought if PUCK.
In actuality the Fleer cards from that year are pretty clean looking.

Attachments

• Blake.jpg
    Blake.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 5

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat, i only have a few hockey cards....have a Jagr rookie card in the few packs i had back then. I mostly have baseball cards from the 80's -90s, a lot of great cards.....but everyone has em from then lol. A few comics as well

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I are doing some cleaning of the condo and I ran across some totes that I have full of hockey and football cars. I saw these and thought if PUCK.
In actuality the Fleer cards from that year are pretty clean looking.

At least they aren't J-Blow.

=)~~

Back in the early 2000s Ox would collect the player cards handed out at every game, save them for me and mail a box to me full of them at the end of the season. One time the geezer sent them all...plus like 40 Modry cards stacked on top of them. F**ker haha.

Man I miss that guy.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they aren't J-Blow.

=)~~

Back in the early 2000s Ox would collect the player cards handed out at every game, save them for me and mail a box to me full of them at the end of the season. One time the geezer sent them all...plus like 40 Modry cards stacked on top of them. F**ker haha.

Man I miss that guy.
Modry. HAHAHA. I have so many duplicates its crazy. I just spent hours separating them by teams and now putting them in plastics. This turned into more of a task than I anticipated.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modry. HAHAHA. I have so many duplicates its crazy. I just spent hours separating them by teams and now putting them in plastics. This turned into more of a task than I anticipated.

Always a chore but organizing is therapeutic too. Declutter, get space back, it feels good when it's done.

Ox always sent me a box every year around mid April, I remember this one so well. It arrived to my house when I lived in HB, saw his name and address on the return label and was so stoked, the Kings didn't make the POs that year (2002-03) so that was it for us as fans. I'm all giddy and open the box and was like what a clown, are you serious? Got a good laugh about it and called him.

What made it worse was TheRickette (remember her?), her husband and I attended the draft party where they selected Brown and they had some player speakers up there. Guess which dolt went up there in his lame ass cargo shorts, strap on sandals and dirty T shirt that he looked like he slept in?

My blood boiled and I was so tempted to just scream "you f**king suck Modry!" but refrained. Being nine the midst of my trouble making days I figured I didn't need to go to court again or cause a ruckus.

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat, i only have a few hockey cards....have a Jagr rookie card in the few packs i had back then. I mostly have baseball cards from the 80's -90s, a lot of great cards.....but everyone has em from then lol. A few comics as well
I have an attic full of baseball cards from the late 80's, the "Junk Wax Era". They were forecast to be worth millions today. I can't sell them, give them away and don't have the heart to throw them away. Worthless because everyone has an attic full of Junk Wax. The card companies overproduced and and me, recent grad with a Master's in BA, should have seen right away.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an attic full of baseball cards from the late 80's, the "Junk Wax Era". They were forecast to be worth millions today. I can't sell them, give them away and don't have the heart to throw them away. Worthless because everyone has an attic full of Junk Wax. The card companies overproduced and and me, recent grad with a Master's in BA, should have seen right away.
I am in the same boat. Sounds like you have a lot more than I do but even with the amount of duplicates I have, I still cant seem to get rid of them. It is really cool to glance through them after a couple of decades of not looking at them. I have some football cards from the 70's but as a kid, I didnt know how to take care of them. Some of them are in pretty rough shape.