• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Tempe Arena Failed

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is now a good chance that the Coyotes are in their way out, because the Coyotes Arena was voted down.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing all sorts of moves. Quebec, Houston, Atlanta, Surrey ( Vancouver area) and Salt Lake City.
If any get it a name change is needed.
Funny if the Kings lose another Frozen Fury location because of a team taking their market.

Ok Surrey was a joke account

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking stupid.
Could the league fold the team? Other teams could draft the players, worst to first. They would Have to work out cap relief of some kind.
Then sell a new franchise with the crazy money they can get.
A new team would have a better chance than the Coyotes, Nordiques, Scouts, Latter Day Saints, Texans, Barons or whatever they become
They are still going to be in Tempe for at l ast a year.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to think that at one point Phoenix and to a larger extent Arizona, was a King’s market with the Roadrunners being a minor league affiliate. If that’s the case, will I be able to watch more King games?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing all sorts of moves. Quebec, Houston, Atlanta, Surrey ( Vancouver area) and Salt Lake City.
If any get it a name change is needed.
Funny if the Kings lose another Frozen Fury location because of a team taking their market.

Ok Surrey was a joke account
Ok so now I’m curious. If I remember the story correctly, when the NHL expanded into Anaheim, McNall got paid for allowing the expansion into the Kings’ market. When the NHL expanded into Vegas did Anschutz get paid? Is Utah considered Kings’ market?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so now I’m curious. If I remember the story correctly, when the NHL expanded into Anaheim, McNall got paid for allowing the expansion into the Kings’ market. When the NHL expanded into Vegas did Anschutz get paid? Is Utah considered Kings’ market?
I don’t think it is. They will likely change a relocation fee that will be split by all the teams.

Funny story, 2019 I won a contest spend the day with Luc. At dinner Bruce Mcnabb comes by the table. Luc tells him that my wife was a Ducks fan. Bruce says he had 25 million reasons to love the Ducks. And then he introduced us to Hayden Christensen
Kings lost 5-2 to the red wings