• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Team Colors

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely frivolous thread....

As I sat in the stands for the Calgary game the week before last, I realized just how many fans have gone with the black jerseys. Me included. I picked a black jersey for one reason - I've never, ever, liked the Teal. I'm assuming that a lot other fans feel the same way ('cause I'm a narcissist and like to project). Just makes us look like an expansion team (forget the irony that we actually ARE an expansion team for a minute). Phoenix, Vancouver and the Ducks have all changed their colors in the last several years, why oh why can't we?

If they do change our colors, what would you like to see? Personally, I like the idea of gray and white with some red mixed in. For obvious reasons, we'd actually look like f-ing sharks.

One quick hockey note - I still think that Wallin has looked better this year than I ever thought he could :-P I'm fine with him as a bottom two D-man, especially with White on the blueline and seeing the progress that Demers has made.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One quick hockey note - I still think that Wallin has looked better this year than I ever thought he could :-P I'm fine with him as a bottom two D-man, especially with White on the blueline and seeing the progress that Demers has made.

I disagree completely, especially when you consider the Sharks have a guy that's younger, faster, quicker and better offensively sitting in the press box. Braun makes mistakes because he's young. Wallin makes mistakes because he sucks. JMO

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely, especially when you consider the Sharks have a guy that's younger, faster, quicker and better offensively sitting in the press box. Braun makes mistakes because he's young. Wallin makes mistakes because he sucks. JMO

I'm sure a lot of folks share your point of view, and I don't necessarily disagree. Braun has a better shot and certainly more upside, but I like Wallin's physicality more than anything else. At least as we enter the playoffs. Nice to have someone other than Murray available to clear the crease.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the teal jerseys either, I have a white road jersey.

I kind of agree with your assessment of Wallin. I think he sucks donkey balls but he is the only other physical Dman besides Murray. Vasic has picked it up the second half of this season but he doesn't have the size to really take advantage of it.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the black sweaters are by far the best of the 3. I don't think the home and away are all that bad but they could certainly be better. I don't hate them as much as I did when they debuted a few years ago. I'm not up on the hockey team colors history but is there any precedent for teams making drastic color changes after 20+ years of one dominant color?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the black sweaters are by far the best of the 3. I don't think the home and away are all that bad but they could certainly be better. I don't hate them as much as I did when they debuted a few years ago. I'm not up on the hockey team colors history but is there any precedent for teams making drastic color changes after 20+ years of one dominant color?

Buffalo went from the blue and yellow to black and red in the mid 90s. Vancouver has been all over the place with their jerseys as well.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the teal. I don't see why we should change it. It stands out.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo went from the blue and yellow to black and red in the mid 90s. Vancouver has been all over the place with their jerseys as well.

You know what I did know that Vancouver had changed a few times. Who can forget those ugly uniforms from their cup run in '94. I didn't know Buffalo had changed drastically though. Thanks for the info.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the teal. I don't see why we should change it. It stands out.

After thinking about it some more I agree with this. I don't want to look like every other team out there. The teal is pretty unique.

The one change I would make is to bring back the white at home and wear the teal on the road.