• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: sucks

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does everyone like my new avatar :L

Epic game. The Hokies, IMO, made a lot of mistakes that cost them big time.

You can not spot the #3 team in the country a 17 point lead in the first quarter :eek:

Playcalling was downright atrocious at times, which has become kind of a theme in Hokie football

Boise played awesome and won the game fair and square and now have the inside track to the NCG>

After seeing the Hokies last night, live and in person, I can see with pretty high confidence that this is a 10 or 11 win team and a BCS team. That alone should be enough to boost Boise into that NCG spot if they go undefeated. VT will be a top 7 team at years end. That defense looked very good at times for how young it is, and it will only get better under Foster.

My only gripe was on the lat drive. Kellen Moore was going to take his team down the field to score regardless, but two things stuck out to moe. In 25 years of watching and playing football, I have NEVER seen a flag picked up for a block in the back on a kick. Even worse though, if a player continues to run like he did not step out of bounds and the whistle doesn't blow, what is the dfensive player supposed to do. That late hit call was awful. I hate when shit like that happens at the end of an amazing game. The refs were in pre-season form on both sides of the ball though, so it all evens out. The Hokies lost that game with their own play and with Boise playing excellent, not because of any calls, but I just hated those two at that point.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I was rooting for ya, brother.
They did well to overcome that deficit, but unfortunately crumpled when it mattered most (offense and defense).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they throw the ball on 3rd & 8 when Boise was out of timeouts? Giving Kellen Moore 2 minutes instead of 1 minute & 20 seconds might not of made a difference but we'll never know.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only be happy if an undefeated BSU not geting in the BCS national championship game again would help the push for a playoff, but that won't happen so I routed for VT as well.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they throw the ball on 3rd & 8 when Boise was out of timeouts? Giving Kellen Moore 2 minutes instead of 1 minute & 20 seconds might not of made a difference but we'll never know.

Dude, you got me....

The whole stadium seemed to yell "what the fuck" in unison and then immediatley look to the press boxes where our OC Stinespring sits. I guess he thought he could catch them off guard and put the dagger in.

Also, when Williams is being bottled up all game, why not give that smallish Boise front a healthy dose of Darren, "helmet breaker" Evans to back them up a little bit and give them some headaches. I mean we do have TWO all-american level back, not just one.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole stadium seemed to yell "what the fuck" in unison and then immediatley look to the press boxes where our OC Stinespring sits. I guess he thought he could catch them off guard and put the dagger in.
The only way a pass play would have caught them off guard is if it was a play-action/quick slant pattern to get the ball out quickly after making the defenders bite on the run.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does everyone like my new avatar :L

Epic game. The Hokies, IMO, made a lot of mistakes that cost them big time.

You can not spot the #3 team in the country a 17 point lead in the first quarter :eek:

Playcalling was downright atrocious at times, which has become kind of a theme in Hokie football

Boise played awesome and won the game fair and square and now have the inside track to the NCG>

After seeing the Hokies last night, live and in person, I can see with pretty high confidence that this is a 10 or 11 win team and a BCS team. That alone should be enough to boost Boise into that NCG spot if they go undefeated. VT will be a top 7 team at years end. That defense looked very good at times for how young it is, and it will only get better under Foster.

My only gripe was on the lat drive. Kellen Moore was going to take his team down the field to score regardless, but two things stuck out to moe. In 25 years of watching and playing football, I have NEVER seen a flag picked up for a block in the back on a kick. Even worse though, if a player continues to run like he did not step out of bounds and the whistle doesn't blow, what is the dfensive player supposed to do. That late hit call was awful. I hate when shit like that happens at the end of an amazing game. The refs were in pre-season form on both sides of the ball though, so it all evens out. The Hokies lost that game with their own play and with Boise playing excellent, not because of any calls, but I just hated those two at that point.

It's hard to be a gracious loser, major props to you 46! You are right about the block in the back call. It was a block in the back, I couldn't believe the refs picked it up. It probably would not have made a difference in the end, but you never know. Starting at the 20 instead of the 45 is a big difference. As for the personal foul like you said, Boise was really moving the ball well and I don't think a no call there would have made a difference in the end. It was pretty weak as far as late hit goes, but it's hard to go through a whole game without seeing one bogus personal foul call, as I'm sure you are aware.

It was a great game and VA Tech is an extremely talented team. I also expect them to make it to a BCS bowl at the end of the year. Be proud of your team's performance!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it was a tough game to lose, but damn, it was very fun to watch. Boise St. and VT have good offenses. Both QB's played an amazing game. Someone had to lose. I was pulling for VT, but it just wasn't meant to be. Boise brought their A-game.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That late hit call was awful. I hate when shit like that happens at the end of an amazing game.

I had no problem with them picking up the flag. It was the right call. One ref saw it from a better angle and corrected it. I've seen flags picked up before, it happens.

But I also had a problem with that late hit. The way he continued to tiptoe down the sidelines, being that there was no way anyone but the referee could have seen him step out, no defender on any team at any level would have been able to stop their momentum and not made that hit.
To be fair, at full speed I thought it was a late hit immediately as well so I can see why he threw the flag but with the benefit of replay... man, not so sure I agree. I would have been perfectly fine with a no call there as well.