• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Rookie Dinners

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare insight into what happens at the rookie dinners, Pearson has his account here.

It kicks off with Turco, I always suspected that guy could throw them back. His story sounds like something I would have done around his age, I was a heavy heavy drinker around 24-25 and would get trashed on a nightly basis, somehow make it to work, play a hockey game or two the next night and then do it all over and not feel too hung over.

NHL stars describe their rookie dinners

These days at almost 44, funk dat. I barely drink nowadays and if I do happen to tie one on it's like a 3 day hangover which sucks with 4 kids, work and a family and physically you just feel ill for longer.

I've always had a golden rule however which is I never have too many when with clients or a work event, you don't want to look like an ass because someone in that room may hold the key to your next big opportunity. I still maintain that, I rarely drink during a day meeting (less than 1% of the time) and an evening event/meeting my rule of thumb is however long the event is, have at least 1 less drink than that (i.e., 4 hour meeting = 3 drinks or less total). I've seen some really talented, successful people gain bad reputations in a matter of one night.

Funny how priorities change as you get older.

Last edited: