• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: QB beats up former LB

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's got irreversible brain damage. Top story up here in MN. Young daughter and second one on the way if I heard correctly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude's got irreversible brain damage. Top story up here in MN. Young daughter and second one on the way if I heard correctly.

Oh man, didn't realize it was that serious. Well now I feel like a total asshole instead of just a bit of an asshole.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, didn't realize it was that serious. Well now I feel like a total asshole instead of just a bit of an asshole.

No worries. You didn't know and it's still a developing story. But there's been candlelight vigils and folks are crying all over the news. The QB was at the U of MN but he left.

I guess the guy could get better but it's not sounding good right now.......

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

as you should.

we don't know if it was an "up and up" fight? he might've been bushwhacked? it might've been two on one? there might've been a blunt object used against him?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From some of the details I caught, it sounds like the QB kicked him while he was on the ground. I don't think this was just two guys sparring.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not sure if Kolstad will survive as of 10 pm.

QB is out on $20k bond.

Started when a bouncer at a bar hit on QBs girlfriend. I'm not sure how Kolstad got involved.

They are looking for a second suspect they have video of.

That's all I caught on the news......missed the whole report. Lead story though.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Meant to say
"I'm not sure the assailant should be written off like that"

Now.....

Sorry, not funny.

Give Crimson a break, because he admitted he had no idea about the severity of the injury. Obviously it isn't funny that this man has been injured to the extent that he has, but you should know from your time on the board that Crimson isn't the kind of person who would knowingly mock a victim who that is suffering from a permanent brain injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Meant to say
"I'm not sure the assailant should be written off like that"

Now.....

Give Crimson a break, because he admitted he had no idea about the severity of the injury. Obviously it isn't funny that this man has been injured to the extent that he has, but you should know from your time on the board that Crimson isn't the kind of person who would knowingly mock a victim who that is suffering from a permanent brain injury.

You are right. I'm probably the last guy who should be scolding over bad jokes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My bad on this one. I read the headline, just glanced at the article, and posted it tongue-in-cheek. I saw that the guy was at the hospital, but no idea he was in critical condition and likely had brain damage. Wouldn't have posted this in such a glib tone if I'd realized it.

Obviously the odds that this was a stand-up, fair fight are pretty slim.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on this one. I read the headline, just glanced at the article, and posted it tongue-in-cheek. I saw that the guy was at the hospital, but no idea he was in critical condition and likely had brain damage. Wouldn't have posted this in such a glib tone if I'd realized it.

Apparently the other guy who they haven't found yet knocked the victim to the ground and then the QB kicked him in the head while he ws defenseless. Only a shitbird does something like that. He's young, yes, but you should not get a chance to erase this mistake becaue of that. Dude needs to go to jail.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get a free pass on this one from me......you're not that kind of poster.

I haven't kept up on the story today but I did hear there was a second arrest.

This whole situation is senseless in my opinion. Sickening honestly.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a few more details on this riding home today......but before I type that it's clear this story has a LONG way to go in terms of getting to the bottom of what actually happened.

---Allegedly, the guy fighting for his life actually threw the first punch. No article I've read or story I've heard currently disputes this.
---Supposedly, the QB suffered a head injury as well from the guy fighting for his life initially punching him. His injury was serious enough he had to get medical attention of some kind.
---The two guys arrested are white.....the victim is not. So race is getting some attention in the medial.
---However, an African American friend of the QB came on the radio and basically said the QB was defending himself. He said this was not a hate crime.

Like I said, still evolving, but there are a lot of layers to this story from what I'm hearing.