• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Predictions on Johnny Manziel

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just curious what people think of Johnny Manziel. How good or bad do you think he's going to be?

I think he's going to be an abject failure. I think he's the next Geno Smith (who I also think is going to be a failure).

What about you?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be alright. He'll have stretches where he'll look brilliant, and then follow it up by stretches where he's making bad decisions and committing turnovers. He might make a couple of pro bowls, and then get injured a few times and miss some time. A Michael Vick type of career arc, IMO. Just substitute partying for dog fighting.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm thinking a poor man's Andy Dalton. And I'm on record about how craptastic I think Dalton is.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he becomes Joey Harrington/Akili Smith bad.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He'll be bad.

Speaking of busts, I wonder if in two years could Clausen revive his career in Chi-town? Unfortanely I see Clausen like Gabby, he needs a dominant OL to be productive.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He might as well party now and take selfies with Justin Bieber while he's got his 15 minutes of fame.

I predict he'll also get a few major injuries that will force him to miss games.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say .... He had great moments in college where he looked solid, but it's so hard to translate that into the NFL... Definitely curious to watch that play out...

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling he won't be horrible. Like a lot of others on here, I thought Clausen would be terrible. I think he'll end up being a Brett Favre, or Rothlisberger type player who'll party hard, but get some things done on the field. I'm not saying he'll perform at their elite level, but I think he'll be a work hard play hard guy in the league as long as he doesn't get injured.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time is ripe for Cleveland to take over that division. Pitt and BAL getting long in the tooth. Manziel will win and will have a shot at a Championship within 5 years. The kid has skills and reminds me of Tarkenton. The football instincts are there. He was bored with college ball. He is a money player. The question is can Cleveland surround him with enough money players to take home a Championship.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would be nice for the NFL to have a good QB emerge again with that type of mentality to spice things up a little bit. The media's definitely doesn't make it easy to embrace their inner Charlie Sheen.

charles ponzi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He landed in a bad spot.

Browns, by firing Chudzinski showed they're incompetence. Pettine is a big step back.

Nevertheless, I think he will be decent. He has a tendency to fling it and that's a problem with tight windows. But he'll be a dynamic playmaker.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be alright. He'll have stretches where he'll look brilliant, and then follow it up by stretches where he's making bad decisions and committing turnovers. He might make a couple of pro bowls, and then get injured a few times and miss some time. A Michael Vick type of career arc, IMO. Just substitute partying for dog fighting.

This sounds exactly like Kap. Lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid has talent, he did play ball in the toughest confrence the SEC and did well. The question is can he put party time on the back burner and realize he can become the face of the Browns and the city of Cleveland with dedication and hard work. So I'll go with this, if JM works hard and keeps his head out of the clouds he will have a successfull career. If partying is a priority he'll be a career back up in three years and maybe out of the league in five years.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His focus on tail surfing and drinking if not put in check will derail ANY chance of a decent career. He played well in the SEC but the NFL is a smidge tougher...........even with some focus I see him as a middle of the pack QB at best.

He'll get people excited with a few wins here and there, but hey it's Cleveland.

I'm laying my bet on initial excitement a memorable win or two but he's an afterthought in less than five years. Not a franchise QB.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was also going to go with the Ryan Leaf pick, but I actually think it will be closer to Vince Young. His 1st year starting he will do well then the league will be on him and with his work ethic he will be done.