• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: online banking is your friend

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with my 'Canes guarding their net again tonight like a ****star guards her virginity... I decided to do a little banking...

saw something strange on my Visa
a$1048.00 charge to Lowes Home Improvement (internet) in the "authorization pending" section of my online account statement.

Some low life douchebag got my CC info and tried to get a bunch of free shit.
I had just charged $280.00 at a local large dealership a couple of days before for some car repairs, which was really the only place out of my normal routine where that card was used recently.
Not accusing.. just saying... the timing is a little suspect.

Because I check my accounts so often, I was able to see this when it was still in "pending", so this motherfucker got nothing (except hopefully a visit from authorities at whatever the shipping address was.
Sad part... if he hadn't gotten greedy, just done $20.00-$30.00, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.
But a single charge over 1K tends to stand out.

Card canceled, new on on the way.

Moral of the story (other than pay cash for everything or barter with polished rocks and beads whenever possible):

CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS online - twice a week.
and Use a reputable CC for any online purchases that protect you from fraud. Never a check card.
I use only cards issued by my bank, so I can easily see everything on one place on the one portal. (plus it makes both paying them and keeping detailed records in one place very easy)

And... side note safety tip... I have a self imposed $/day limit on my check card. (total for a day, not a transaction - easy to set up on web banking portal)
Spending that much should be on a secure CC that I can pay off with a quick transfer anyway. But more importantly... if my check card is stolen or compromised, nothing over that amount can go through, so some douche can't clean out my checking (which would only be covered up to a small dollar amount, the rest would just be gone).

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an extremely lowe thing to do to someone. What a scumbag.

I hope he gets charged with a very lumbering fine and builds himself a nice home in jail for that shit.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an extremely lowe thing to do to someone. What a scumbag.

I hope he gets charged with a very lumbering fine and builds himself a nice home in jail for that shit.

thank you for resisting forcing a "turn left" in there somewhere. lol

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Slightly OT - couple weeks ago I went down to the IRS office to get a copy of my tax returns. Turns out some guy from Azores, California (wherever that is) worked under my name and SS# all last year. My tax return was $400 larger because of it. I don't even know who to bring this to. Police department? Do I have to give the money back?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly OT - couple weeks ago I went down to the IRS office to get a copy of my tax returns. Turns out some guy from Azores, California (wherever that is) worked under my name and SS# all last year. My tax return was $400 larger because of it. I don't even know who to bring this to. Police department? Do I have to give the money back?

Call up that motherfucker and tell him to works lots of fucking overtime!

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's pretending to be you, the least he could do would be to come mow your damn lawn and trim the hedges....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats sucks man, glad you noticed.

PS, I'll stop, just dont press charges.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just cancel the card, or report what had happened to the police and/or your bank? Hope the guy gets busted. Do you know what was ordered?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, online banking is extremely helpful. My bum of a brother (who is 4 years OLDER than me) has stolen round-abouts 1500 from me over the course of the past 3/4 years (keep in mind that is probably 30% of all the money I've made in my life working minimum wage gigs) and I was always able to tell...however that didn't change anything except me getting to slap him in the face. Jerk still hasn't paid me back. Needless to say I now hate both checks and Citizens Bank for not noticing blatant forgery.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with my 'Canes guarding their net again tonight like a ****star guards her virginity... I decided to do a little banking...

saw something strange on my Visa
a$1048.00 charge to Lowes Home Improvement (internet) in the "authorization pending" section of my online account statement.

Some low life douchebag got my CC info and tried to get a bunch of free shit.
I had just charged $280.00 at a local large dealership a couple of days before for some car repairs, which was really the only place out of my normal routine where that card was used recently.
Not accusing.. just saying... the timing is a little suspect.

Because I check my accounts so often, I was able to see this when it was still in "pending", so this motherfucker got nothing (except hopefully a visit from authorities at whatever the shipping address was.
Sad part... if he hadn't gotten greedy, just done $20.00-$30.00, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.
But a single charge over 1K tends to stand out.

Card canceled, new on on the way.

Moral of the story (other than pay cash for everything or barter with polished rocks and beads whenever possible):

CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS online - twice a week.
and Use a reputable CC for any online purchases that protect you from fraud. Never a check card.
I use only cards issued by my bank, so I can easily see everything on one place on the one portal. (plus it makes both paying them and keeping detailed records in one place very easy)

And... side note safety tip... I have a self imposed $/day limit on my check card. (total for a day, not a transaction - easy to set up on web banking portal)
Spending that much should be on a secure CC that I can pay off with a quick transfer anyway. But more importantly... if my check card is stolen or compromised, nothing over that amount can go through, so some douche can't clean out my checking (which would only be covered up to a small dollar amount, the rest would just be gone).

Sorry. :o

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just cancel the card, or report what had happened to the police and/or your bank? Hope the guy gets busted. Do you know what was ordered?

Canceled immediately.
High marks for Bank of America on this one.
Was canceled on the spot and even gone from my web portal within minutes.

No idea what was ordered. BOA fraud division will handle reporting it.
Chances of catching someone like this is pretty slim, but i'd love to know if they do.