• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Most under rated NFL players

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this could be a fun topic. About once a season the writers usually come out with a list of who they think is the most under rated player on each team. Franklin won it for us a couple of years ago and i can't remember who it was last year. Anyways, there are a lot of players out there who don't get very much recognition for helping their team and in watching ESPN lately they tend to make a bigger deal out of certain players like Romo and not giving any credit to players who actually deserve some talk.

I will add to the list later, but just to get it started...

Jon Beason - ILB - Car - I know he's out for the season, but he's been over shadowed by Patrick Willis since the '06 draft. The guy deserves some credit. In my mind, he's easily the second best ILB in the NFL behind Willis.

Jimmy Graham - TE - NO - Everyone is starting to catch on to this guy, but he's possibly the next big TE to break out this year. He's got the size and athleticism to be a top 5 TE for years to come.

Kyle Orton - QB - Den - Yes, i said it. Everyone is chanting Tebow when they don't even realize what they have. If anyone deserves the blame in Denver it's the Defense. Anyways, I'm not saying he's an all pro or anything, but he has been a solid QB since last year and any team who is in an unfortunate QB situation is lucky to have him. I'd be happy to take him off of their hands if Denver doesn't want him.

Alex Mack - C - Cle - I've always liked this guy and thought he was the best Center to come out since Mangold. The OL hardly ever get credit for anything, but this guy is playing some tough football and has been since he entered the league. He's giving Colt McCoy a chance to stay in the pocket and make plays.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Buf - Probably the most under rated player in the NFL right now. This guy has lit it up all 3 games. Sure, he's beaten the Chiefs, Raiders, and Pats. None of those teams are what you might call "Great Defenses" but he has come up in clutch situations the past 2 weeks and lead his team to a 3 and 0 record. From where he started in St. Louis to where he is now is unbelievable. He's diagnosing Defenses, making great reads, fitting the ball in some tight windows, and has been very accurate to this point while limiting mistakes. He also has much better numbers in the second half of games this season than he does in the first half. The guy deserves a lot more talk than the 1-2 Eagles, 2-1 Cowboys, or the 1-2 Broncos are getting with their QB situation.

Last edited by a moderator: