• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Mayweather vs Alvarez

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watch the fight? I almost felt bad for Canelo because he was so ridiculously out boxed and outclassed in every aspect of the fight.

And it already is making news, but WTF was with that one judge that scored the fight 114-114?! I swear, corruption must still be rampant in boxing; seems like every 3rd mega fight has at least 1 flat out, comically wrong scorecard.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, turns out that the judge in question is C.J. Ross, the guy famous for screwing up Manny Pacquiao's 2012 fight Vs Timothy Bradley. :L

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get outclassed by someone with no class lol.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mayweather may be an asshole, but he's a damn good boxer

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I felt bad for people who plunked down $70 or whatever for that fight. Mayweather puts on a clinic, but there's really not much excitement to it. Its like watching a doctor perform surgery.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why buying into these overhype matchups is laughable... i mean, so much hype and so little product... I watched it without harm to my wallet but imagine all those ticket buyers?? Canelo was awful lol...

I'm sitting watching and waiting for this guy to hit Mayweather... I still stand by my words/decision and not buy into any boxing fight until its Mayweather v Pacquio however that boat has sunk and a wasted monunmental match will never happen.

such a sad fight... lol...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont waste my time watching boxing anymore. Its all a joke and not that many good fighters anymore. I miss the Tyson days.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good boxer, not much of a fighter.

Why does this matter? He is a boxer and he boxes........

Love him or hate him, he is the most skillful boxer of this generation. He puts on a boxing clinic every fight, he isn't exciting to watch to the every day fan but he is a master of his craft.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was good fight, but I wasn't expecting them to brawl it out.

Who does Mayweather fight next? Not much options w/ 4 fights left on his contract.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was good fight, but I wasn't expecting them to brawl it out.

Who does Mayweather fight next? Not much options w/ 4 fights left on his contract.

I don't know who is left out there for him to fight.... The winner of Bradley and Marquez? Although we've already seen the Marquez thing. I just don't know who else there is out there, Pac Man is an after thought at this point after his losses recently.

That has always been Mayweather's biggest fault and the reason why he isn't considered up there with the greatest boxers of all time (even though he should be), its because he hasn't really fought the best competition over his career.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is left out there for him to fight.... The winner of Bradley and Marquez? Although we've already seen the Marquez thing. I just don't know who else there is out there, Pac Man is an after thought at this point after his losses recently.

That has always been Mayweather's biggest fault and the reason why he isn't considered up there with the greatest boxers of all time (even though he should be), its because he hasn't really fought the best competition over his career.

There is a problem with Timothy Bradley, his with Bob Arum promotions. The fight between Bradley and Mayweather should happen, but it will most likely not happen.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, C. J. Ross should not be judging fights. It was clear that Alvarez was hitting arms and shoulders and Mayweather landed the better punches and controlled the fight. He has reached a point in his career that he is not interested in taking risks for KO's. Can't say I blame him, but does not make for much of a fight. Have to respect his hand speed and his defensive skills. His over the top ego is a bit of a turn off, but his ability as a fighter certainly puts him near the top of all time great champions.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if I fucked up that bad at my job I would be toast. Getting to do it twice! Wow.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a problem with Timothy Bradley, his with Bob Arum promotions. The fight between Bradley and Mayweather should happen, but it will most likely not happen.

What's crazy is that a lot of the best (at least most exciting) boxing these days is happening in Mayweather's weight range, but its like it happens completely separate from his existence because of the rifts in promotions. Bradley, Rios, Alvarado, Provodnikov all exciting and talented, and would put up a good fight. Not sure Floyd wants to take on any of the real bruisers at this point in his career anyway, I get the sense his opponents are hand-picked to maximize hype while minimizing potential damage.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Bradley Mayweather fight won't happen, Mayweather would walk all over him though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what about Kahn?