• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: LeChoke is at it again

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know basketball isnt big around these parts, heck I don't even like it that much but I hate LeBron James so seeing him choke year after year is satisfying for me.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball.....basketball.....oh yes! Is that thing still around?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate Lebron James? I'm a Cavs' fan (though the NBA is not big for me), so it's been a hell of a year with the Caps already bowing out early.

Wheeeeee....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatedly, why do so many hockey fans on here hate basketball? It's a good game. I like pretty much any sport once I come to understand it.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatedly, why do so many hockey fans on here hate basketball? It's a good game. I like pretty much any sport once I come to understand it.

Because I enjoy teamwork, respect and humility. All things that basketball not only can't deliver but in many cases seems to actively promote against.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Washington Bullets, eloco. Wes Unseld FTW.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I enjoy teamwork, respect and humility. All things that basketball not only can't deliver but in many cases seems to actively promote against.

Admitedly, the NBA has less teamwork than college basketball, but it's still a good game. I enjoy those things too, and the NBA has plenty of players who embody that. I also enjoy amazing displays of athleticism, and the NBA delivers with high marks in that category.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't. I love the game of basketball. Basketball is fun to watch and fun to play. I watch college basketball all the time. However, the NBA is not basketball. The NBA is 10 goofs lollygagging up and down the floor with no passing and throwing up ridiculous shots. Carrying, traveling, these things don't exist in the NBA anymore. It's sad. Not to mention the fact that I can pick the champion before the year even starts.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admitedly, the NBA has less teamwork than college basketball, but it's still a good game. I enjoy those things too, and the NBA has plenty of players who embody that. I also enjoy amazing displays of athleticism, and the NBA delivers with high marks in that category.

You asked us why a lot of hockey fans don't like basketball. I was merely giving you my reasons. We are just not going to agree today ;-)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, filosofy, but I feel like a lot of hockey fans talk about the NBA in overhyped stereotypes. No passing? That's not true. No teamwork? Sorry, again not true. Look at a team like the Spurs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, filosofy, but I feel like a lot of hockey fans talk about the NBA in overhyped stereotypes. No passing? That's not true. No teamwork? Sorry, again not true. Look at a team like the Spurs.

I used to love and watch basketball all the time. Way before I even cared all that much about hockey. Didn't start playing hockey until I was 13 (in 1993). Basketball has seriously downgraded in teamwork and sportsmanship each and every year. It's turned into a glorified AND1 tourney in my humble opinion. If anything, I'm a converted hockey fan. The fact that you can point to 1 team out of 30(?) who employs good teamwork to win speaks volumes. The Kobe's, Lebron's, Iverson's of the world make me sick. I like Duncan.....oddly enough, NBA "fans" think that the Spurs are "boring". Go figure.

Besides, if anything all of the other sports fans gang up on Hockey fans. If anything, hockey fans should be on the defensive.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Steve Nash fan, and I was a fan of the NBA in the 70's and 80's (Celtics vs. Lakers, MJ and the Bulls). Still like NCAA BBall, but just don't watch much NBA these days.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate Lebron James? I'm a Cavs' fan (though the NBA is not big for me), so it's been a hell of a year with the Caps already bowing out early.

Wheeeeee....

His general arrogance, and look at me stunts like underhanding halfcourt shots pregame. We get it already Lebron your good. I'm a Bulls fan and his lefthanded free throw pissed me off so much

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

not trying to generalize, but IMO, there are too many hockey fans that kind of have a chip on their shoulder...isolated in that hockey is the only sport they know and love. In a lot of cases, this creates an arrogance, or a hockey is best, and all other sports suck attitude.

For what it's worth, I'll ask again how you became a Cav's fan. You asked me about how I became a Cowboys fan, along with everybody and their brother, and I've explained it 'til I'm blue in the face.

I root for Ohio State in a close 2nd behind Md in football. My wife's family is just south of Cleveland, and my Dad is from, and currently lives in Southern Ohio, where I hunt for a week every year.

It's a shame that I got to see Ohio state play about 7-8 games on TV last year, and the local stations here might have shown MD once or twice, bu I never saw one game. I guess that's how it is when you suck as bad as MD did last year.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basketball players whine to much, don't hustle, get by on athleticism alone, can't make a free throw, the bigs are only in professional sports cause they are big, no intensity, no drive, only passion is for a max contract etc.

Seriously every time i see a dunk on top plays i want to puke. I am a 6-1 white dude and there was a time i could dunk a basketball how hard is it for taller people to do it.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to generalize, but IMO, there are too many hockey fans that kind of have a chip on their shoulder...isolated in that hockey is the only sport they know and love. In a lot of cases, this creates an arrogance, or a hockey is best, and all other sports suck attitude.

For what it's worth, I'll ask again how you became a Cav's fan. You asked me about how I became a Cowboys fan, along with everybody and their brother, and I've explained it 'til I'm blue in the face.

I root for Ohio State in a close 2nd behind Md in football. My wife's family is just south of Cleveland, and my Dad is from, and currently lives in Southern Ohio, where I hunt for a week every year.

It's a shame that I got to see Ohio state play about 7-8 games on TV last year, and the local stations here might have shown MD once or twice, bu I never saw one game. I guess that's how it is when you suck as bad as MD did last year.

If you need help with that let me know:D

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who is this Lebron James that you all speak of? :p