• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I’m bored, Part Herbert!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell? It’s not like he sang that Sister Sledge tune…

the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, when a guy is suspended for speaking the truth about a team's struggles in a certain ball park, there's something wrong...

Perhaps even more amazing then him getting suspended for that, is that management/ownership does't realize or care how bad that makes them look.

A year spent trying to convince everyone he is not his father wasted.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also its really cannot be understated how bad the Orioles radio play by play people are, so suspend one of the decent ones.
Not being mean, I'm sure they are nice people but half of them were call in show hosts before this. On the radio it's often hard to tell what's happening until the play is over. Is it a pop-up to the catcher or a game winning homerun? Check the box score the next morning!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also its really cannot be understated how bad the Orioles radio play by play people are, so suspend one of the decent ones.
Not being mean, I'm sure they are nice people but half of them were call in show hosts before this. On the radio it's often hard to tell what's happening until the play is over. Is it a pop-up to the catcher or a game winning homerun? Check the box score the next morning!

Sounds like a bunch of fimble famble to me. Back in the old days we read the play-by-play in the newspaper while sipping a heavy wet and we liked it! We weren't spoiled by the instant gratification of earing the game from some bone boxer on the receiving set.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of fimble famble to me. Back in the old days we read the play-by-play in the newspaper while sipping a heavy wet and we liked it! We weren't spoiled by the instant gratification of earing the game from some bone boxer on the receiving set.
I had to Google "heavy wet", now that's what I plan on drinking at work tomorrow. For medicinal purposes.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to Google "earing". Nothing relevant came up.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I've gotten myself in a pickle now. I asked my coworker if I could make her a "heavy wet" at lunch. She misunderstood completely but agreed. I'm supposed to meet her in the broom closet at lunch.

Thank goodness I did not mention bone boxing

Last edited:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to Google "heavy wet", now that's what I plan on drinking at work tomorrow. For medicinal purposes.

Just don't use it in front of Big Gail from Accounts Receivable in the lunchroom. I wasn't even talking to her and boy was that a misunderstanding!!

I had to google "fimble famble" - That's a neat phrase.

(raspy) "It means malarkey, Jack!"

objects-of-global-moment-aviators-biden-GettyImages-1229422397.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am dumb [Mod Edit: no maybe about it] but I guess there is not a broadcasters union? Maybe I am naive [Mod Edit: no maybe about it] but it does not seem right that a broadcaster could get suspended for just stating facts in a normal way. I detected no put down or dig at the Orioles in his tone. To me it just emphasized what a big deal the series win was.

Edit: No moderator edited this post

Well, aside from the line above :D

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles and Astros on TBS National broadcast. Crowd broke into a "Free Kevin Brown" chant.

Well done you's