• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/bay-area-woman-trapped-airport-eight-days-lack

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most of these types of stories I support the little people, but as much as I think US Airways came out looking poorly, she came out looking worse. Everyone knows airlines have hidden fees. She may have said she hadn't flied in 6 years and was unaware of there being additional fees, but had she never seen commercials in that time frame ("Southwest: NO BAGGAGE FEES!")?

What is pathetic is that she couldn't convince ANYONE she knew to give her ANY money. The people she knew in the Bay Area would rather let her wander around SFO than donate money toward reaching the $30 she needed. She could have asked people in Idaho to wire her money aswell, as I imagine she had people who would let her stay with them, and her plan was not to set up camp & start an OccupyAirport rally in Boise. If she couldn't come up with the money before her flight, she could have gone outside and thrown her extra bag away. There were a hundred different things she could have done instead of what she did.

She couldn't have been that hard off because she was obviously able to feed herself. Also, she was feeding herself at SFO for those 8 days, where even a McDouble costs $4.

Doesn't sound like she used her brain at all. This woman just comes off as really f***ing stupid in this story.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I thought it was all pretty sad on so many levels. Especially the part about none of her friends responding when called, what the hell?