• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How 'bout dem Bearcats!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. One thing Huggins always had was at least one spot up shooter, and that's what we have been missing under Mick.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$(KGrHqN,!jcE656vjZthBOzVDbqyRg~~60_35.JPG

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark and Moore both were All-State.

Both had offers from major D-I colleges...we'll see how they do.

They key, per each of their coaches, in Mick getting them was they identified them early, before anyone else knew how good the would be, and kep that relationship.

We'll see. They have a JUCO center coming in...who isn't some dude from Drakar, or Ghana, so, hopefully he won't be another JUCO "project".

All the talent won't help though...with the guys leading the group, this team is going to struggle big time. Sanders, Guyn? Yikes.

Thomas is going to have to make a huge Soph/Jr jump on offense for this team to break the 60pt barrier on offense. It's going to be brutal.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Kevin Johnson is this year's spot up "shooter"?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's going to be nearly as bad as you guys seem to think. We'll win 22-24 games. We'll finish 1st-3rd in conference. We'll make the tourney. This is the minimum. It could be better.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's going to be nearly as bad as you guys seem to think. We'll win 22-24 games. We'll finish 1st-3rd in conference. We'll make the tourney. This is the minimum. It could be better.

I know...and oddly, I do agree with you.

The defense is going to be good enough, it always is, to win plenty of games. Especially in the AAC next year with no LOU, and more than likely no 'Bazz at UConn (he's got to declare after this recent run...stock will not go higher).

Memphis loses 4 senior starters, and I think 5 seniors overall...

Only SMU has good enough young talent, and maybe Houston depending on their coach.

USF will suck as always, and UCF is abysmal

Temple could be better, as they had something like 3 transfers sit out, plus another guy red-shirting due to injury.

But, it will be like the old C-USA days...defense will be good enough to place in the top 3...UC will need a solid OOC win, though to help their RPI/SOS/etc..etc...

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said we wouldn't make the tournament. We'll just be one and done again and we'll be even worse offensively than last year with no go to scorer. Really, who is going to assume the lead role? Shack? Sanders? (LOL hysterically) Or one of the freshmen? It's going to be hilarious.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cronin could only get that Guard transfering out of WVU to be closer to home (Indianapolis) and somehow work it so that he is granted a hardship waiver to play next year.

Dude averaged 17PPG last year, and would fit perfectly in with next years squad.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Kevin Johnson is this year's spot up "shooter"?

I actually really liked what I saw out of him. I think he's going to be a decent player down the road. Kind of like SK, but I think he's got more talent/skill/natural ability. We'll see, though.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked what I saw out of him. I think he's going to be a decent player down the road. Kind of like SK, but I think he's got more talent/skill/natural ability. We'll see, though.

I'd bet a million dollars against him having SK's heart and work ethic........

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet a million dollars against him having SK's heart and work ethic........

Of course...SK was self made. No one is going to argue how hard he worked.

I was simply stating that his skill level, from the limited action I saw, it's more versatile and more refined than where SK was during his freshman year (which ended up being his 2nd year).

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cronin could only get that Guard transfering out of WVU to be closer to home (Indianapolis) and somehow work it so that he is granted a hardship waiver to play next year.

Dude averaged 17PPG last year, and would fit perfectly in with next years squad.

I'm sure we'll get him ruled eligible.... The NCAA has always cooperated with Mick on player eligibility issues.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we'll get him ruled eligible.... The NCAA has always cooperated with Mick on player eligibility issues.

He's like 1-1 right?

Got lance, but couldn't get Strickland.

No one else touched Stephenson because they were all sure he was going to be 100% ineligble.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like 1-1 right?

Got lance, but couldn't get Strickland.

No one else touched Stephenson because they were all sure he was going to be 100% ineligble.

There were several other cases of guys not being ruled eligible -- I think most of them were foreign players and within Mick's first year or two, so probably not a big deal..... Regardless, I don't think Mick will be treated like one of the few privileged coaches that get everything they damn well want.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several other cases of guys not being ruled eligible -- I think most of them were foreign players and within Mick's first year or two, so probably not a big deal..... Regardless, I don't think Mick will be treated like one of the few privileged coaches that get everything they damn well want.

I remember he was after one kid, who had eligiblity issues, and he ended up with Andy K at Ole Miss...but, I do think he had to sit out a year...Sydney...???

Early on, I think he was taking chances on guys other teams passed up because he had no choice. He needed talent, and had to risk it to get anything he could. Like you said, not really a big deal early on.

UC's football team has done a good job of getting guys eligible with hardship waivers. Most recently their WR transfer from Arkansas, Mekale McKay or something like that. Kid looks like he's going to be a good one once he gets a bit more experience. I'm also interested to see how Gunner does after all his hype and transfering.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison twins returning to UK.

It's going to be ridiculous how good that team is going to be next year. Legit shot at running the entire table.

They will now have experience to go with all-NBA talent.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermain Lawrence has asked for his release, per a source.

Interesting note, former UC player Octavious Ellis has returned to UC after spending 2 years at a JUCO school. He was suspended in the brawl, and then later kicked off the team for his involvement in an incident at a night club. I guess since then, he's been good, and has returned.

A lot of front line depth coming in: Clark, Deberry, Strickland, Ellis, and the kid from NJ (Can't think of his name)...all play in the front court, though Clark may end up more of a 3 than a 4.

DeBerry and Ellis list at 6'10, and Strickland at 6'11-7'0", so the Bearcats will have some size to them next year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilpatrick was only the 2nd first team All American ever to not be drafted. What a joke. He's better than at least half of those kids taken last night.

He'll catch on somewhere, though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was punished because some of his teammates were absolutely horrible on offense. He was forced to shoot more than he would of on a good offensive team. I also think people underrate how good of a shooter he could be if he weren't double teamed on every possession.

I hope he makes it. He was one of the most likable Bearcats in the last decade and probably beyond.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was punished because some of his teammates were absolutely horrible on offense. He was forced to shoot more than he would of on a good offensive team. I also think people underrate how good of a shooter he could be if he weren't double teamed on every possession.

I hope he makes it. He was one of the most likable Bearcats in the last decade and probably beyond.

Disagree.

Only that he got punished for being older than most players in the draft, and less upside.

The league is all about potential and upside. Kilpatrick is pretty much a finished product. What you see with him is pretty much what you are going to get with him, by and large.

I think this hurt him more than anything else.

I'm surprised, though, he still didn't get drafted later in the 2nd round simply because teams that are more readily to compete for a title would have more use for a guy who could come in off the bench right now and give you some quaility minutes, over stashing a guy for a year, or two, and won't contribute much off the bench.