• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: fandom

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, good luck to all the new parents here on SportsHoopla. Congrats for sure.

But, booooooy, y'all better be careful, as I grew up with plenty of friends who purposefully root for rivals of their fathers favorite teams.

Steelers fan? Daughter decided to be a diehard Ravens fan.

Chargers fan in LA? Son is a Raiders fan (but he's too young to remember the LA Raiders)

.....But the one that bothers me the most (though I don't know the dad much at all)

Niners fan? My buddy from SF became a Patriots fan cause his dad "is a dick". I swear I want to vomit whenever I see him wearing his fitted Patriots hat..... or when he goes on and on about how Brady is as good as Montana, and/or how Gronk shits on Vernon Davis.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, good luck to all the new parents here on SportsHoopla. Congrats for sure.

But, booooooy, y'all better be careful, as I grew up with plenty of friends who purposefully root for rivals of their fathers favorite teams.

Steelers fan? Daughter decided to be a diehard Ravens fan.

Chargers fan in LA? Son is a Raiders fan (but he's too young to remember the LA Raiders)

.....But the one that bothers me the most (though I don't know the dad much at all)

Niners fan? My buddy from SF became a Patriots fan cause his dad "is a dick". I swear I want to vomit whenever I see him wearing his fitted Patriots hat..... or when he goes on and on about how Brady is as good as Montana, and/or how Gronk shits on Vernon Davis.

Not a chance man. She can't deny 4 generations of Niner fandom!!! But honestly... I don't care if she changes sports alliances as long as she stays off the pole.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance man. She can't deny 4 generations of Niner fandom!!! But honestly... I don't care if she changes sports alliances as long as she stays off the pole.

And a bonus if she stays off the dope. It's those four letter words with 'p,' 'o,' and 'e' in them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daddy, I want to be a poet!

Get out!

:lol:

I guess, I should have said the "off the" was included. I have to keep my daughter off the poet, otherwise, she'll have a baby with a struggling artist. Just kidding. Streeeetching is good for you. (And yes, I am aware of rich artists, too.)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess that knocks out becoming a firefighter as well. You know... sliding down that pole and all.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that knocks out becoming a firefighter as well. You know... sliding down that pole and all.

I'm sure this makes me an extremely selfish person, but I don't want my kids to be firemen, in the military, police, etc. I really do appreciate what they do, but I couldn't take that worry or loss if I could avoid it. Having said that, I can't stop them. I also understand people are lost often doing anything, so no one is immune.

And, yes, I know your post was a joke. :)

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. I can't have her getting comfy with any pole. I am just going to teach her to fight crime and be a bad ass. This is basically how I imagine my daughter will be in 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator: