• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Euro 2012

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost here, fellas. Who ya got?

It's really, really, really hard for me not to take my Spaniards, but I gotta go with Germany here.

I also think France might surprise some people.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn, too. But with injuries to Villa and Puyol, I have to give the edge to Die Mannschaft as well. Germany does look to have a tougher group stage, though, so you never know. I hope the French don't make it out of the group but they would have to really suck it up.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn, too. But with injuries to Villa and Puyol, I have to give the edge to Die Mannschaft as well. Germany does look to have a tougher group stage, though, so you never know. I hope the French don't make it out of the group but they would have to really suck it up.

Ozil for Germany is a beast. He's gonna tear it up. Don't sleep on Croatia in Spain's group as well. They're tough.

Group A: Czech Republic and Greece
Group B: Germany and Netherlands
Group C: Spain and Croatia
Group D: England and France

That's how I see it playing out. I think Croatia edges out Italy in C. I love me some Mario Balotelli (even though he's insane), but that's about it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how I see it playing out. I think Croatia edges out Italy in C. I love me some Mario Balotelli (even though he's insane), but that's about it.

I think group A is pretty much a crap shoot.

Group C: Spain and Italy (if Italy gets their shit together)

Ozil for Germany is a beast.
That whole midfield and Lahm are ridiculous. Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Goetze, Muller are sick. And Klose should have enough left to put a few into the net.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozil for Germany is a beast. He's gonna tear it up. Don't sleep on Croatia in Spain's group as well. They're tough.

Ozil is a beast... a much valued player for my beloved Real....

Balotelli i've given up on. He's suppose to be more than he is now.... lots of growing up in my eyes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity's picks:

Group A: 1.Czech 2. Russia(i really am pulling for Poland, IIRC they had some young guys there from the last WC that caught my eye but that could've been Switz(besides Russia is actually a good squad))

Group of Death: 1. Germany 2. Portugal(Holland is THEE popular pick here but i think age will slow them down and lose base on tie breakers rules(Portugal giving them too much love here, they really shouldn't move but i think they sneak in)

Group C: 1.Spain 2. Croatia(not taking Italy seriously for awhile and ireland is not enough)

Group D: 1. France(there's talent here) 2. England(boy did i wanted to say Ukraine, cause i dont believe England would've pulled out. they have some fortunate opponents in terms of style)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity's picks:

Group A: 1.Czech 2. Russia(i really am pulling for Poland, IIRC they had some young guys there from the last WC that caught my eye but that could've been Switz(besides Russia is actually a good squad))

Group of Death: 1. Germany 2. Portugal(Holland is THEE popular pick here but i think age will slow them down and lose base on tie breakers rules(Portugal giving them too much love here, they really shouldn't move but i think they sneak in)

Group C: 1.Spain 2. Croatia(not taking Italy seriously for awhile and ireland is not enough)

Group D: 1. France(there's talent here) 2. England(boy did i wanted to say Ukraine, cause i dont believe England would've pulled out. they have some fortunate opponents in terms of style)

I think everyone has good points and it should be a really interesting tourney, especially the group stage. Gonna DVR the matches today and tomorrow, work sucks!

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to post much lately thanks to work (not that I ever was a volume poster :)) but here are my picks. I can't see anyone being able to compete with the German squad. As mem pointed out, that is one solid midfield! I'll be cheering for Gli Azzurri! Though, I hope Balotelli keeps his cool through the tourney and don't go ape shit like he said he would if he heard any racist chants, which no matter what they try to do, are going to be there. He has so much talent and it has been such a waste with all his antics.

Group A: Czech, Croatia
Group B: Germany, Netherlands (though it will be a super close call with Portugal)
Group C: Spain, Italy
Group D: England, France

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, my prediction for Group A don't look too good right now, even though it was probably the most open group. Russia absolutely destroyed the Czechs 4-1. Greece did get screwed by the refs, though.

Viva Espania!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to post much lately thanks to work (not that I ever was a volume poster :)) but here are my picks. I can't see anyone being able to compete with the German squad. As mem pointed out, that is one solid midfield! I'll be cheering for Gli Azzurri! Though, I hope Balotelli keeps his cool through the tourney and don't go ape shit like he said he would if he heard any racist chants, which no matter what they try to do, are going to be there. He has so much talent and it has been such a waste with all his antics.

Group A: Czech, Croatia
Group B: Germany, Netherlands (though it will be a super close call with Portugal)
Group C: Spain, Italy
Group D: England, France

It's time for Ronaldo to step up on the big stages. He's the LeBron (though after last night it might be bad to say that) of soccer. Arguably the most talented player in the world but hasn't delivered for Portugal.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should've bumped Russia for first? Czech isn't out of it. Niether Poland or Greece played well enough to overrule Czech just yet.

Ronaldo is definitely on the scope... his national team isn't that good IMHO but he needs to deliver and play big. It's similar to Messi but Messi has a great team in front and everyone plays Messi really hard

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd agree that Spain and Germany are head and shoulders above everyone else, and its hard to pick one of them. No substantial holes on either team. France a quality dark horse, but if you look closely at their squad I think maybe only Ribery and possibly Evra could start for either of the top two teams. Next World Cup they'll have a lot of guys hitting their prime but not quite yet.

And in the case of Is Russia that Good vs. Is Czech that Bad......I'm going with Czech is that bad.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Ronaldo to step up on the big stages. He's the LeBron (though after last night it might be bad to say that) of soccer. Arguably the most talented player in the world but hasn't delivered for Portugal.

That's been my biggest complaint about Ronaldo but I have to admit the rest of his squad is a notch below this year.