• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Detroit Pitcher Gets Fucked

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a little severe isn't it? LOL. From what I'm hearing, the umpire went right into the clubhouse when he saw the replay after the game and admitted he blew the call. He even hugged the kid. He feels really bad about it, but what can you do, it's done with. At least he manned up. I guess everyone, even the players, have considered this umpire one of the best in the game.

Joyce was upset and acknowledged he blew it ... just goes to show that if you apologize for something right away, most everyone will back the fuck off your jock

how about Galarraga's post game comments and during the game reaction ... cool and composed and all he did was smirk at the bad call ... no glove pounding on the mound or anything like that ... and after the game he says that he gives much respect for Joyce apologizing to him ... final ironic words go to Galarraga when he says ... "we all make mistakes, nobodys perfect"

well, you were almost perfect Armando (lol)

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyce is working behind the plate today and Galarraga is going to present the Tiger's line-up card to him....pretty friggen classy.....I've never heard of this kid before yesterday but I have to say I'm a big fan of his now....

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this could be a good lesson for all. Everybody on all sides have taken the classy high road. The powers that be need to do the right thing as well. That kid and all involved deserve that perfect game.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could be a good lesson for all. Everybody on all sides have taken the classy high road. The powers that be need to do the right thing as well. That kid and all involved deserve that perfect game.

I hope so Matt...by all accounts Joyce is taking this way worse than Galarraga...I hope the Detroit fans aren't to rough on the guy...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i mean not JUST for the pitcher either. DET centerfielder made an AWESOME over the shoulder grab to keep it alive. a perfect game is a team accomplishment. they really should review this...if not for the kid, than for the ump. he knows he screwed it up, this would at least give him some closure.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope so Matt...by all accounts Joyce is taking this way worse than Galarraga...I hope the Detroit fans aren't to rough on the guy...

Thats kinda where i'm hoping it's a lesson for all. I don't see the crowds getting hostile until the final verdict has been read though.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crowd seems fine. Announcers said there were cheers and a few boos when the line-up card was given and Joyce appeared a bit choked up. Tigers up 2-0 right now, unless I missed something.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, i mean not JUST for the pitcher either. DET centerfielder made an AWESOME over the shoulder grab to keep it alive. a perfect game is a team accomplishment. they really should review this...if not for the kid, than for the ump. he knows he screwed it up, this would at least give him some closure.

That ain't no lie! Helluva catch!

There sure are a lot a folks impacted. How awesome of a story were his parents robbed of telling!?:(:mad: As a dad, I dream of those kind of moments in life for my children.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ain't no lie! Helluva catch!

There sure are a lot a folks impacted. How awesome of a story were his parents robbed of telling!?:(:mad: As a dad, I dream of those kind of moments in life for my children.

hah, yeah seriously. even i've reached that point where i know i'm not going to personally accomplish any major athletic feat...but my future children may! yeay for living vicariously through children!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E**N bottom scroll just said that the ump who blew the call in the 85 series said in light of the call from yesterday that the MLB should expand their instant replay. i agree...with every single other sport doing this, why shouldn't they?? i mean, not every single play, but if, say, the home plate ump agrees to checking it, why not?

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hah, yeah seriously. even i've reached that point where i know i'm not going to personally accomplish any major athletic feat...but my future children may! yeay for living vicariously through children!

lol I haven't given up hope quite yet! My boxing career is just getting started. (we'll see how long it lasts):eek:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUD SELIG WON'T DO IT! what a douche bag. ES*N just had it on breaking news scroll. what a dick.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I feel about the call, and as much as I think he and they should have the perfect game; I am not sure it should be over turned.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUD SELIG WON'T DO IT! what a douche bag. ES*N just had it on breaking news scroll. what a dick.

Bud made the correct call and didn't overturn the umps blown call. He acknowledged it was the wrong call, but by overturning this it in effect leads to opening up a can of worms. It took a good deal of courage not to overturn the ump's call, as that was the popular sentiment - he protected the integrity of the game, for what that is worth...

As much as it sucks for Armando, he knows he threw a perfect game and the rest of us do as well.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the call should've been reversed. Baseball has the human element in its umpiring system. That's the way it is. I can't think of any other time where they went back and reversed a blown call at first. They don't need to do it now either. What happened was incredibly unfortunate, but it's what happened. Add instant replay if they don't want it happening again.

Granted, I wouldn't have been upset if they would've reversed it, but I really don't think they should.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I just read it too "Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig will not reverse call that cost Armando Galarraga a perfect game". Probably the right move by the commish but I feel bad for the pitcher the team and the fans. Should add the ump to that.

I umped a girls softball game and blew a call. One of those things you realize right after you do it and feel bad about it.

My blown call had no bearing on the games out come. (I called a girl out at first when she was safe) Obviously no where near this situation but it happens.

BTW, I never knew that 16 and 17 year old girls could be so brutal !!! I thought they were going to beat me up !! :)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I never knew that 16 and 17 year old girls could be so brutal !!! I thought they were going to beat me up !! :)
There's a GagneFire joke in there just waiting to be told...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAH, do NOT mess with the teenage softball girls. they'll tear you apart. i've had a play at home questioned (i was a catcher) by the opposing coach after being run (which is illegal in softball) and i nearly tore the man's head off. i was in pain because my knee was twisted around and the douchebag was yelling at the ump because i was 'blocking the plate'. gah. anyway, yeah, leave those softball girls alone...angry folk.