• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ot-case keenum

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9tds with 10+ left in 4th quarter just got me thinking what's the most impressive offensive performance you guys have seen? NCAA or nfl?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 TD's?? I am actually bummed i missed this game now. I haven't had the opportunity to really watch him play much this year. Was Rice just giving TD's out like candy or what?

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I might be a homer here but I loved watching that 94' super bowl =)

Now a days though... typical spread offense vs. terrible defenses.. it's kind of expected imo. I prefer watching two pro style teams beat the shit out of each other whether it's college or the NFL.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I might be a homer here but I loved watching that 94' super bowl =)

Now a days though... typical spread offense vs. terrible defenses.. it's kind of expected imo. I prefer watching two pro style teams beat the shit out of each other whether it's college or the NFL.

its not the system but the players executing it. but yeah, play against a terrible offense and it gets magnified.

don't know about Houston but i would guess they're similar to June Jones at SMU? so its not just the amount of passes during the game, but also the amount throw in practice.

Keenum must have a strong arm to throw so much for so long? not 'strong' in the sense he can zip it (don't know?), but strong in the sense he doesn't tire. cause a tired arm obviously increases inaccuracy.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its not the system but the players executing it. but yeah, play against a terrible offense and it gets magnified.

don't know about Houston but i would guess they're similar to June Jones at SMU? so its not just the amount of passes during the game, but also the amount throw in practice.

Keenum must have a strong arm to throw so much for so long? not 'strong' in the sense he can zip it (don't know?), but strong in the sense he doesn't tire. cause a tired arm obviously increases inaccuracy.

What he meant is Keenum's must have great stamina to be able to maintain that high level of accuracy for that extended period..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards put in one hell of a performance for Houston too.
7 REC, 318 YDS, 5 TD

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What he meant is Keenum's must have great stamina to be able to maintain that high level of accuracy for that extended period..

yes, cause its something i never thought about till Jones said it. but the starting QB throws a ton in spring practice, during games, during practices, and all season long.

we also found out just being in a 'spread' doesn't automatically get you good stats? yes your passing stats will be higher than most, but its no guarantee you'll reach "record setting" numbers. the QB in a spread still needs passing skills.