• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Best pass rushing ILB

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't asked of too many ILB's to rush the passer, but who would you say does the best at it? When was the last time an ILB had 10+ sacks in a season?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kendrel Bell had Nine. Seau got as many as 7 a few of times...

Wasn't there a MLB who played for the Saints who acted more like a DE? Forget his name.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher had 8 in his rookie season as well, but i still haven't come across a 10+ sack guy. I'm not sure about the guy from the Saints. Do you recall around what time period he played in?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think if Bowman has more rushing chances in the years to come, he's got a legit chance to get into the discussion. He's got some great pass rush moves for an ILB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm just glad to see MLB blitzes today, and quite a few times. we all know it'll be necessary against play-off teams.

sorry to say but IMO Aldon Smith didn't look good......at all? well, maybe on one play where he almost got a hand on.

didn't see a DB blitz but thats ok.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm just glad to see MLB blitzes today, and quite a few times. we all know it'll be necessary against play-off teams.

sorry to say but IMO Aldon Smith didn't look good......at all? well, maybe on one play where he almost got a hand on.

Whitner was blitzing on Brown's second INT.

The MLB for the Saints was Charlie Clemons.He had 13.5 in 2001. But he never had more than 3 any other season.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner was blitzing on Brown's second INT.

The MLB for the Saints was Charlie Clemons.He had 13.5 in 2001. But he never had more than 3 any other season.

Thank you for that stat.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Smith didn't look great, but Clemons was getting the ball out quickly. Smith got some pressure off the edge several times, but Clemons did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket to avoid the pressure. Bummed he didn't get the record, but I think he's got a very bright future.

It's also worth noting that J. Smith sat out quite a lot, and Aldon was rushing from the left side more than I've seen him do before. Pairing those two makes it easier on Aldon.