• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Best Movie Soundtrack

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely have different taste. I enjoyed American Hustle and came out of there with a smile on my face because of the sound track.
It's not that the music was bad, I just hated the gimmicky feel of the movie as a whole. It was Oscar-baiting at its worst.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For scored movies, I always loved Empire of the Sun.

Underrated movie, underrated score.

John Williams is ridiculously good. The number of Academy Award nominations he has is just absurd.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire of the Sun might be my favorite. A lot of people probably haven't seen it, but if you like history/war movies, it's pretty tops.

Lol - after posting above I realized I might have mentioned this years ago... and did! Hahaha.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For scored movies, I always loved Empire of the Sun.

Underrated movie, underrated score.

John Williams is ridiculously good. The number of Academy Award nominations he has is just absurd.

I read through all of the opinions in this thread and I didn't see anyone mention Star Wars. This one came close.

Can anyone think of a movie score or soundtrack that is more culturally iconic than Star Wars?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read through all of the opinions in this thread and I didn't see anyone mention Star Wars. This one came close.

Can anyone think of a movie score or soundtrack that is more culturally iconic than Star Wars?

No, not really. It's a great soundtrack and has instant associations. But I guess I don't enjoy just straight up listening to it as much as some other scores. Empire of the Sun or Jurassic Park I can just listen to and enjoy on their own.

I'll tell you another favorite. Pop in "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" by London Music Works from the Dark Knight Rises while driving or walking down a city street at night. Good luck not speeding or feeling 12 feet tall. ;)